Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

LuxTop

Legend of Altera
Reinhard had been introduced to meditation by his former boss and mentor Nwalme, and ever since he had been calming himself through it. In conversations when he is tired or stressed he closes his eyes for few brief moments to tranquil himself. Outside conversations, if time allows, - he meditates enjoying the scenic views - admiring the landscapes - at elevations or at the beaches, especially any windy places. The effect of meditations had been enhanced at sparking by fae - who's melodic tune he hums to sooth himself, and who's tranquilizing winds he recalls whenever a breeze appears.

When Reinhard had a finger bitten off by an imp - he developed a tic that he had been ever since trying to control - his finger twitched whenever stress built up. He had been managing it well, but ironically, now his whole hand clutches itself into a fist out of frustrations or anger, even after it was restored. This slowly transforms into a menace - with one of his minions disposed through choking. Another, impling number three, he sacrificed to a large minotaur with no hesitation, but it was too ambiguous if he did it for his growing sadistic satisfaction or he genuinely believed it would slow down the monster, or both.

Despite his possession, despite his alienation, he had been acting noble towards people, not harming or tricking into possession anyone, finding himself pushed back by zealots and kept sane by the few he holds on dearly. What no one knows, is that he at times questioned if possession was worth it, for it had shaken his core beliefs - the Justice, the Selflessness, the Rewards for Merit, the Consistency. But the more he analyzed it, the more he sees it as inexorable part of growing up - parting ways with the skewed reflection of reality that was too sweet, too naïve, too bright, too simple. He has been lost by the pious ones, he is estranged from them, finding them selfish, irrational, inconsistent, justifying means through ends, while pretending to be good. This path of relative solitude, with severed connection with his past friends, the persecution he faces, parting with his soul, he all finds good for himself. He feels more as himself now - authentic.

His eyes had been a good indicator of what he feels - if he enjoys interlocutor, he gazes upon them for prolonged time, trying to maintain the eye contact. After sparking his pupils, with their elliptical shape, had been of aid to me in expressing a variety of emotions. Fear, joy, anger, shock, and other expressions, all reflected through a shape of pupils - they can be more roundish or more animalistic, prolonged. So does the glow of the eyes assist in expressing emotions. So do the fires - as a possessed ability, with them turning red and becoming more intense at heightened emotions, and with black smoke wafting out of his mouth. All these cues he had been trying to maintain, control, conceal, - their sheer volume, and stress at trying to take hold of it constantly, had left him to change in behavior - further estranging him from the few who had known him through his façade. He cusses, he snaps, he doesn't go out of his way to please others as he did before, he expresses what he thinks freely.

His new habit is to have reflections next to his own reflection in the mirror. Definitely recommend reading the story, for it explains how his character had changed under possession and the aftermath of it, and has the aforementioned impling's death.

Last edited:

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
I like playing Bloodlines.
Grandfather, Father, Son.
Ect ext.

i wish Fulgrim could of being a well adjusted and normal doctor like Lana Wake but i was just too edgy to realise what i had. Im trying my hardest to roleplay Vowrawn (Fulgrims Son) as a normal person because of all the stupid stuff i did on Fulgrim before

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Myrddin/Bok'ra keeps a bundle of woven animal toys around himself, each represent an important character of his past . Such as a bunny or a crow, representing Set'iki and Whitespoor respectively. Using them for his own comfort, as well as to resolve problems in the narrative of how he remembers those individuals. So, if he considers someone important enough or an interaction with your character was important for him, he might someday act on his own personification of your character, with a linen or silk toy made in an animal depiction of them.

He's also excessively afraid of lamprey.

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
I actually like establishing ticks as the first thing I do when I start playing a new character because I feel it helps me play/attach myself to someone that feels more realistic.

Glynn Carpenter when I played him was always very fidgety because he was an awkward man. He'd fiddle with his eyepatch, scratch the back of his neck, would always constantly be shoving his hands in his pockets, etc. It's hard to remember a lot of his details since its been so long.

Raalvara was not a fidget sort of person. She started as a Bounty Hunter so, even until the last time I played here, Raalvara always just kept her ears open to the people around her wherever she went. Strangely, I had a lot more fun obsessing over her outfits. I never got hit for some reason during events or injured except for a handful of times so I always emoted her wearing less and less armor into things to bolster this idea that ridiculously she felt more invincible (even though she totally was not). It was definitely a more freeing character to play.

Anaheid I've played about in some other places. Anaheid just wants to do the most low effort chaotic thing she can in the moment because I've never particularly played a gremlin before and I thought I'd try it. Ana's the kind of person that would toilet paper a house or wrap someone's living room in foil. It's also entertaining to try and make conversations awkward on purpose, but also a little tricky to do without making RP super weird so perhaps I'll figure out a rhythm for this character eventually.

Veradite

Legend of Altera
Blessed
Pronouns
She/Her
Veradite
Veradite
Blessed
I like listening to people talk about their characters.
So tell me about yours, or someone else's.

Tell me little details like physical tics for when they're happy, uncomfortable, angry, lying, determined, anything.
Tell me about things they do when nobody is around, or when they're most comfortable.
Tell me about the way they think or view something, and where that's come from.
Tell me why they speak or act the way they do today, what has affected that.
Tell me what has lead the character to be this exact character today.
Tell me what you're most proud of in the character.
Tell me anything you want to highlight.

Tell me about the character.

I've grown tired of hearing "who asked?" or "sorry I'm rambling" when somebody is going on about their characters and interesting details.

I asked.
I want to know.
Show me how cool your characters are, I wanna know more.

View attachment 130751
Cieren does not suffer from self consciousness. She wants to actively choose good, and may be nervous about that, but she knows herself and what she wants. (Something I struggled with for a long time, so playing her has been a therapy)

However, if she hadn't been put into the nunnery, she would have been more likely to develop complexes. Her father remarried not long before she was sent away--more children would have come along and been treasured above her, infront of her. The convent saved her from such a comparison. She was around other troubled young girls, and raised by women of varying ages-- but mostly older and grandmotherly.

Even though she had a love and care for these women and girls, it didn't stop her being an absolute menace. When she was staying put in the convent, she definitely brought in frogs, squirrels, and bugs. Or braided hair from different heads together. Likely stained the linens with berry juice just to have a laugh. She also broke out all the time just to brawl with kids in the street, and I like to think she got into (harmless) mischief with them, too. She has a lot of scars from sliding into rocks in the snow, swinging a stick, maybe playing with candles to light...various little things on fire. Bottom line, she was the kid eating dirt. And I guess that never changed.
20220429_135142.jpg

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Frost refuses to work with Starblood because of her blessed buds. Though doesn't seem to mind working with Vobby as much. Though she doesn't find as much personal use besides handing it off to someone for darkthread.

Her favorite materials to use are blooded silver and Eizholz, though more recently she has been trying to make items that come in her "dreams"

There is a very good chance that her homeland is actually fake, though if I had permission I'd run one hell of a player campaign if given leeway to do things I want with it. Sometimes given her lack of knowledge she's had to fill in a lot of blanks about her own backstory, and while she wouldn't know everything about it OOC a good portion of it is true.

Basically my idea behind the homeland was loosely based in server lore. Which was already a little sus (At least for player backstory) to begin with.

Um.. What else?

Having Frost be single has been pretty fun. Simply because if anyone was ever interested in her, she's a little too dense to get it right away. I'm in no rush to pair her off again, But just because she's hollow doesn't mean she's dead inside.

Also, she respects crafters who can do things she cannot, It's been a driving force of building up the faction and I'm hoping one day to get some neat stuff from it all.

When Frost was Fronslin, She outted Branko's choice of religion to the world and continued to meddle, and that is why he hates her and can't live a normal life. It was admittedly a long time ago. The main reason she did that was really petty too. Something about him choosing skragg over theodra. THose were different times as well and I think the character is more inteesting for it. For those of you reading this hence, he has had his revenge pretty well.

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
I’ve been playing Candice since she was nine years old, and Solus can attest that when I was gearing up to try and get her, I actually wrote a whole short story that was essentially the basis for her goals and mannerisms, as well as the things she liked and disliked at the time. A TL;DR of that short story was that, ever since she was a kid, she really held grudges against people who she thought had wronged her, and was a very vengeful kid who would make fucked up abomination pies to get her foes to pay- whether she sprinkled in some laxatives, or made a godawful filling, or something else.

In the early days of her character, Candice actually had a grudgebook that she kept with her wherever she went. After a talk with Citrine, where she mostly disregarded the woman, she was sort of turned around from this. Eventually, I lost the prop, and with it, Candice lost her grudgebook. She still held grudges (oh BOY did she hold them), but it was a first step towards her being more forgiving the way she is today.

I try to keep a primary and secondary tic/fidget (whether general or specific) for all of my main characters, and Candice is no different. Both of her main fidgets have come from other characters and events, and have sort of developed over time. The first one that she’s had since she was a kid is scratching at her left arm, just below the shoulder. It’s a habit she picked up after that arm was amputated, and she kept scratching at her nub, because it was always itchy. ALWAYS. Even though it’s been years since her arm has grown back, she hasn’t kicked the habit. She especially scratches when she’s worried or dealing with a lot of internal dialogue. Her second fidget is drumming, tapping, and flexing out her fingers. The first two sort of came from her mirroring those around her, especially Eliss, as she grew up. The auditory sound is really what does it for her, moreso than the tactile sensation, as it helped ground her when she suddenly had an elf body and found it hard to focus on the sounds around her as everything seemed much louder, sharper. Her flexing out her fingers is something she does because of one of her passives, wherein her nails can sharpen into literal claws. It’s most similar to a cat flexing out their claws and retracting them again, and it just helps to calm her down when she’s feeling restless.

While I pretty much never emote it, Candice’s accent is pretty all over the place. She grew up around sailors, but actively attempted to retain a more snooty northern accent, which led her to being somewhere in between. Ultimately, with the very relaxed and casual way she speaks, she tries to avoid having an accent that could place her anywhere, between the myriad of places she’s lived and stayed in.

For a lot of her childhood, Candice couldn’t actually speak Rede. Growing up on a ship where almost everyone spoke common a majority of the time, she never had the chance to learn the intricacies of the spoken dialect, instead acquainting herself with the many books she picked up from stores whenever she had the chance to. It was hard for her to mentally translate what she saw on a page, or could write with a pen to spoken word. She didn’t end up learning how to speak Rede until she was well into her teens, during her time as Raalvara’s ward in Blackrush. Her process of learning Elvish was pretty much the same, though sped along faster by the fact that everyone kept speaking the language around her and assuming she’d be able to understand it. Despite how much she downplays it, she rigorously learned it, so that she wouldn’t feel ridiculously behind in her group of mostly elvish-speakers.

I FORGOT! She completely hates smoking and cigars/pipes/the like. Both because she's always hated the smell and how it affects the lungs of those who smoke, but also because when her arm was amputated and she was suffering from PLS (phantom limb syndrome) smelling any kind of smoke, especially from a smoking implement and not just a typical campfire, would really set it off to be more painful.

Last edited:

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
I’m looking forward to playing Asero again and giving his story (which was left rather abruptly) some closure. That being said I quite enjoy the arc he’s gone through… one of the major parts of the character is his thirst for adventure and his need to “save the realm,” both of which I’m happy I got a good run of. Fighting god knows how many different types of enemies, being part of world-changing events with his friends, even having an arch nemesis at one point, etc etc. But I actually kinda vibed with Asero getting a sad ending despite any achievements or aspirations in his life.

When I left, Asero was very much a broken hero type character. For a multitude of reasons. He’d gone through a rough divorce, he was still dealing with friends dying or disappearing, he was burying feelings so he wouldn’t get hurt again. Not to mention he got his shit kicked in at Nid Arach and now he had to think about whether it’s even worth it - he had a daughter to raise - to keep putting himself in danger.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, as it provided a great IC reason to disappear), my man got himself infected with a memory wiping parasite creature and slowly lost his entire memory for a hot minute. So. After he’s had some time to himself and has gathered his thoughts (heh) since the memories returned, I’m excited to come back and explore those unfinished conflicts with his friends. Hope to get a lot out of this short time!

edit: it doesn’t help that I took an Arthurian Lit class over the summer, and now I think of Asero as in “the cart,” if you get that reference lol

Last edited:

TidalTerror

Lord of Altera
Patron
TidalTerror
TidalTerror
Patron
Character quirks.
Mourins cool quirk is that he's chill but incredibly feral
Monty's cool quirk is that he's a nerd but sometimes normal and average.
Leofric's cool quirk is that he's unstable, there's something wrong with him, and you should not trust him within 30 feet of you, unless he likes you, in which case he will throw himself into at least two bullets for you. Mostly to spite and haunt you as a ghost

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
In the Jewel Thief bounty, Laicelem ended up 'trading' his Viridescence throwing knife to the jewel thief boy in turn for the sapphire he stole. Laic dropped the gem back off to the bounty herald, and let the thief keep his viridescence dagger (until Laic needed it back for something, of course). The next time he summoned the knife was after his friend Glomlir asked for one to skin the deer they were prepping for dinner. The knife came back covered in blood, and Laic slightly regretted not taking it back sooner, though he isn't sure what sort of blood it was.

Sergeant Freedom

Lord of Altera
Sergeant_Freedom
Sergeant_Freedom
Legend
While the original character that Matt was based off doesn’t accurately describe him now I still choose a lot of the same character traits from him. this is why my Matt has the cliché beliefs of A.) not harming women B.) Being a (good) guy. But I’ve also thrown my own mix into the character allowing him to be witty, humorous, rude, at times to try to fit the most enjoyable character traits into him. Overall I’ve had the most fun playing him, mostly because he’s a laid-back character. There’s not a lot of effort to be a likable character but that being said I’m glad most people seem to enjoy him

I find it very exciting when I can get into either emotional or genuine mental situations with Matt because to me it makes him feel more like a real person with real issues. Before he began to fight he had never seen combat so while the demon arc was happening he was fine, only after did he start to suffer from things like PTSD depression anxiety which made him look out to others for help. For a good bit of time he was closed off from others, trying to push away his friends mostly because I wanted to give chances of RP to alter the way I was playing him.

i’ve never previously stated it but almost everything i’ve done with Matt has been through RP. The choices he’s made, the paths he has taken are almost all from stemming RP’s. I enjoy doing this because it’s less stress on my part and more giving the character an open book per say. He’s able to make friends easier, to be manipulated or pulled one way or another and overall it leads to some pretty fun encounters

I would like to think Matt as a character is a very interesting guy. He’s caught up in everyone else’s world trying to be the best person he can for everyone else which more often times at night leave him feeling terrible. He has all these hands in his different cookie jars he wants to help anyone and everyone he can, but doesn’t take the time to look after himself. This is more often times than not why he falls into bad relationships. He’ll see the person, understand the pain they are going through and want to help. Over the months he’s gone from trusting what he would believe to be his closest friends , to then being used by them in ways he couldn’t foresaw. And on the opposite side of the coin there’s people he was told to be weary from and now are some of the most important people in his life. More often times than that he’s treated better by the “bad guys” than by the good guys

Last edited:

Magic Intern

Lord of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Hey, I'll always ramble about my characters

One fun exercise I've been using for character writing recently actually comes from a TTRPG system -- the idea is that you break your character into three core 'attributes' that define them as a person. And they can be anything, be it a skill, an emotion, or a piece of poetry. It's great way to drill down to the core of what your character is, and it's really easily broken down. Also, they're coloured. I wrote up Maebh's for fun:

Maebh Alraun

[Red] Moxy
This is Maebh’s unfailing belief in herself, a sheer self-belief that’s almost impossible to rattle. This is the stat for shaking hands with danger and confronting the world without fear.

[Blue] Mortal Affairs
Below everything else, Maebh is driven by a simple love of people - their messy struggles and shifting bonds, their aspirations and heartbreaks. She's a student of the human character; Wind them up, peek inside, and see what makes them tick.

[White] Mystical Thinking
This colour represents Maebh’s unconventional view of the World, understood through the language of allegory, irony and song. That the future can be found in the dregs of a teacup, that the wind speaks if you know how to listen. This is the stat for lateral thinking and esoteric knowledge.

Bonus content, here's Cyrus and Falx' stats without the description -- they're not nearly as easy to read as Maebh is

Cyrus Lavender

[Red] Grasp the Nettle

[Blue] Wallflower

[Black] The Garden

Falx

[
Red] Spill the Vein

[Blue] Dramatic Irony

[Yellow] The World's a Stage

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
I get very embarrassed talking about literally anything I’m passionate about, in fact, as some people here may know, I instinctively tear up when doing so. Don’t ask. But with my recently renewed interest in creating a book/graphic novel about Ellie I’ve realised she’s probably my most well developed character in terms of realistic reaction to the life events she faced and the way I rpd the way they effected her.

I can very easily view her life in ‘chapters’ with the first being post-parent death. She’s timid and sweet and kind but deeply insecure. Even then she’s got this like feistiness in her when she’s challenged. Her deep-rooted respect for her parents that she clung to transfers into her utter devotion and idolisation her older brother. He was her whole world…

Until she fell in love. And suddenly there’s this new man who she also adores and everything’s going perfectly.Then everything goes wrong, she dies and those two pillars start crumbling violently towards each other which as a result revealed flaws in the people she thought were flawless. The tension turns her family, the thing that has been priority for all strands since forever, against her and so she searches for a new family with valiant (I completely forgot she had a phase where she was A valiant simp)

She feels herself being redeemed in her faith. She feels like a good person. Just when things go right again she is forced with another moral dilemma when her brother kills Reynard and she has to pick between bringing him to justice for valiant or covering the murder up and protecting her family like theodra. She chooses the latter, and has it immediately thrown in her face when she sees valiant face to face and she has a complete moral crisis which forced her to abandon Segar and her new valiant family and turn to the only person who offered her what she needed: the bloody pirates.

She loosens up with Ardaric and believes he cares for her so in true Ellie fashion she becomes devoted to him, only to have him reveal his true colours at the wrong time. This is also when she meets Raigo and they almost immediately hate eachother cause Ellie turns her back on the Tidebornes.

Feeling cut off from everyone and like she’s been put through the ringer, she becomes Leighton’s captain and bodyguard and numbs herself with work, but the focus on work soon manifests into an utter devotion to Leighton. She becomes a machine, her only reason for continuing is her service to him. All the while she’s being tormented by her brother murdering-ex and she also falls in love with her new best friend Raigo who is very taken.

When she hit her head and was out for a couple weeks I had the pleasure of having some of her dreams rpd out. She was confronted with every single one of her demons in ways that changed her emotionally, even if she only remembered parts of them when she finally returned to the real world. Meanwhile, the revenants become a thing and with them Trygg returns, who forgives her for everything which finally gives her the strength to reunite with Segar and apologise. Then Leighton is kidnapped and she loses it. She and Segar and Raigo team up to save him, and again she has these three pillars but she goes through a lot to get Leighton back and get him well.

Soon after, Segar asks her to take over Stoltfar and she isolated herself once again. Despite her change of heart, the loneliness forces her to become focused on only work, going back to that machine like lifestyle until she meets Ben and essentially adopts him and then also adopts Axex and she feels like she can laugh again. Her best friend visits and essentially confesses he’s always loved her too and they soon get together. But when the big questions start popping up he hesitates, which hurts her enough to go off the rails and do the one thing she’s always been wanting to do: fight Reynard.

She loses, and he kidnaps her and there was this period of time where she and him just had to unpack all the trauma and it culminated in Raigo killing him, and destroying the cloud he hung over her. And yet she doesn’t really feel resolved the way she wants to, she still doesn’t to this day.

So you can kind of see why she’s the way she is I guess. She used to be so sweet and kind and she was hardened into a stoic chieftess but it took her a long time to break. In a way though she thought it was always her fate. She always feared becoming her mother but she definitely did. And having played Odette it’s interesting to know how she would have reacted to what Ellie did. Like she would not have forgiven her as easily as Trygg did. Ellie kind of knows that.

There’s a lot more to it with her deep friendship with Gerry, her conflicts with Ava when they first met and she became her mother figure, her longtime fear of water which led to her getting rivers tattooed all over her in retaliation of her own weaknesses, her death and subsequent tensions with her loved ones etc… but these are the sort of milestones I think very clearly flow from what she was to what she is now….ANYWAY. I’m gonna shut up now this is far too much gushing. If you got this far omg what is wrong with you I love you.

Last edited:

Goldbeean

Legend of Altera
Villager
Goldbeean
Goldbeean
Villager
Guinevere was supposed to be a morally good, nice character I promise not all of them are evil I- but she was made during the demon stuff so she now holds a hatred to.. anything not mundane. She’ll tolerate blessed and mages, but she’s not really buddy buddy with most mutations.

mageaegis

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
Time to throw my hat in the ring

I know that I've discussed with a lot of people how they make their characters, one of the interesting methods I've heard is associating one of the seven sins that they embody. It's a concept I might eventually run with, but for the most part how I start out a character is with a vague idea of a goal, then allowing them to be shaped by the world around them from there. After a bit of time finding the characters path and voice, I often (subconsciously) inject a flaw or piece of myself into the character from there, something that I may personally be struggling with in the moment or have struggled with in the past. Marian has been a glimpse into inferiority complexes, anxiety, and being uncertain of ones place in the wide world. Veldric seems to be leaning into feelings behind abandonment(completely unintentionally) though his playtime is still too small to really say if that will be the same in the future. That's the big thing with all of my characters, and how I often design them at the outset.

Now into a few tidbits and notes about the HW characters I have:

Marian-
+Originally, I wanted her to be a scholar with little combat prowess outside of being able to defend herself.

+She was the first character I made that fit squarely into the 'moral grey' scale. Most every character I had made previously was good as can be, but I've enjoyed having a character more willing to bend around the rules. Overall, I still believe her to be good aligned, but some people would disagree.

+Often to fill out emotes a bit more, I have some kind of movement or additional sound along with the speech. For Marian, it's a sort of character tic where she has a hard time sitting still without doing anything for too long.

+I had a few people say that Marian reminded them of Vex'ahlia from Vox Machina(even though I haven't watched CR campaign 1 or the show) and I did likely pull a bit of unintentional inspiration from the character once she was pushed towards Theodra. After thinking a bit longer on it, I also pulled unintentional inspiration from Xayah in League of Legends.

+I feel like Marian has been my most developed character so far. Even if there are things that I'm still not happy with entirely, she feels the most accomplished and fleshed out.

Veldric:
There isn't nearly as much to say about him, as I haven't played too much of him. I believe that I want to go a bit more into a travelled and learned noble who hates his upbringing. There's an end goal that I'm excited(and a bit nervous) about, but that will have to wait until the time it comes around. Another thing I want to do is work him away from his more nervous and timid personality, and make him more outgoing and charming. But time will tell how that goes.

It do be fun to talk about characters and motivations. Diving into hypotheticals and other situations is also a lot of fun. If anyone does want to ask questions or just gush about their own characters, I would love to listen

Kaoiyr

I think I might like it here
Villager
Kaoiyr
Kaoiyr
Villager
first of all, i second hannah, gush about YOUR characters too, pal.

secondly.. dont mind if i do :)

Amicia is my first attempt at a genuine, lawful good character. I know that there's a lot of ideas of a lawful good paladin sticking to their ideals above all and utmost, but that is NOT my goal with Amicia. My other characters I've made in other servers were usually neutral, chaotic good, neutral evil, in that area. They were often selfish, uncaring of law or rules, or grew to be hateful and chaotic (with one exception of a character becoming a very loving mother after a deep history of betrayal, abuse, and a little bit of killing along the way.)

But Amicia- she is simply a girl of humble origin who just wants to do good in the world, and by golly, I really want to make that belief complex and a rabbit hole of views, morality, and simply holding onto a very base ideal in any amount of bleakness- to help others. Above all else, I intend for her to remain at least honorable, and willing to help others. As for how she goes about those two, I want to change. She's currently an idealist, but as time goes on and with more time she spends around her mentor Aleksei, she becomes more realist. She begins to understand the painful reality of situations sometimes, and that not everything is so black and white. Sometimes, your enemy is genuinely just someone like you, fighting on behalf of wishes you wish weren't true. So, at her time right now of just turning seventeen, she is trying to juggle learning the world, Aleksei training her to be a knight and follower of Ignis, helping or (sometimes dealing with) her sister Amelie, along with changes going on with her as a core person.

It's a lot for her, and with ongoing wars, her already tacking on a few traumatic experiences, and her core self changing slowly but surely, I eagerly await to see where she might stand a year from now. Will she even be recognizable, or will she have kept some of her personal tenets? Will she be proud of what she's partaken in and become a true knight of Ignis, or will she regret it all and hate what she's become or outright change before she gets there?

Juvix_

Lord of Altera
Legend
Juvix_
Juvix_
Legend
i want to hear about avalyn or quill

now
Tell me about the bird boy juv
this thread was for ME, not for you >:[

but ok, youve opened pandoras box, heres a few things i like about my characters that most people probably dont know
if you wanna learn this stuff ICly, uh.. dont read, ive also boxed the more insightful things. but dont worry, even if you read everything here, theres still more to the characters that im choosing to not write here
the cursed FOIC

also im having to shove 3 characters into one post bear with me

-----------------

Avalyn

I started playing Avalyn when she was an excited, temperamental and giddy 5-year-old on the docks of Linistel. She's my most developed character on HW when it comes to being affected by things that happen around her, and that's the only way she's grown... I didn't make the character, I chose her base traits and how she handles new situations, the rest was other characters and the server. I barely had plans for her, and I'm very happy with how far she's come.

Avalyn's biggest weakness is being loyal to a fault. She's very selective with this, but if someone manages to get that trust and respect from her, she'll do anything. She'll steal, kill, even die for that person for no other reason than being told to do so. The bad part of this is, if she loses that person, she is incredibly lost. But only one person in her life has gotten that sort of devotion from her, so far. If you know, you know.

She has one very prominent tic for when she's troubled or anxious, even under the apathetic mask, but only a couple people have caught onto it. I won't spoil it cuz that's not fun :')
Ava is manipulative in a- fairly positive way. With her second elemental, she struggles to care about most people's problems, how they feel, etc. (excluding people like Andrew, Luna, etc.). However, she also knows the positives of being liked by people, so she has a tendency to fake caring for others, offering support and advice, spending time with those who need company. Basically, she does all gestures that reflect sympathy and caring, but there's no real emotion behind the actions themselves. Unless it's with someone who she truly cares about.

Like every even slightly long-played character on HW, Avalyn's traumatized as fuck. Being alone as a 9-year-old in SL without a place to go to during the Life campaign, when there were like 5 random events in a day with undead people and animals and crazed townsfolk, not to forget the nightmares, waking up to things crawling out of the walls in the tavern, getting randomly attacked on the street... Many near-death experiences left some scars. She's also seen plenty of people's corpses as a kid, the most notable being a mangled Mathieu at age 11, and a cut-in-two Luna at age 12. There are plenty of others, unfortunately, but those two stick out for being incredibly violent and people she cared about.

Dissociating is an almost daily thing for her, and it's really the way her mind handles all the shit she's seen and had to go through. Her elemental is a great assistance in keeping those memories and emotions down, and it's one of many reasons why she refuses to unbond.
Also even if I'm more speaking about the bad sides of Avalyn here, the character is inwardly also very energetic and loves action, like dancing and playing instruments, meeting people, etc... But as of late, things have been more negative in RP and a lot of these things have resurfaced, so I am riding off that high here lol.

I also won't get into her ocean theme shit cuz that's a whole other mess, wee

-----------------

Quill

Quill can't bring herself to physically hurt others, nor does she selectively heal. Think I wrote this before in her rank-up, but she will heal anybody, no matter what they do or who they are, including people like Branko. She feels that it's not her place to play as a god and choose who lives or dies. If she is able to heal, it isn't a choice to do so, it is a must.

Something most people don't know, Quill is decent at axe throwing. She prefers axes as weapons (mainly because she dislikes carrying weapons and uses the axes more for general utility) and has pretty good aim, if my rolls would allow it.

She used to have a pretty bad addiction to the Orphine numbing spell in Vitae, before the rework. It wasn't particularly drugging, but it numbed all pain in the body and made her feel comfortable. It got to a point where the skin on her arm was getting irritated and rough because Formistry spells used to be physical stitches.

Quill and Clement's wedding bands are made of Figment ashes that Quill gathered after its death in Bärental. She used Fortis formistry before the rework to solidify and sculpt them to be the wedding rings they wear now. I've forgotten which Figment it was, though I think it was Hysteria.
Quill struggles with her new knack a lot. Before the rework, with psychological effects to knacks, she used to be able to feel all plants around her, and whether they were thriving, unhealthy, etc. They affected her mood and how she felt, kind of- sharing the vibe. Essentially, she felt life around her, and when the plants were doing good, she felt good.
Now, imagine waking up, and you feel that everything around you is dead. After many years of feeling the world live, losing that overnight was a major hit to her, and she still struggles with it daily.
she may or may not have been using the corpses of people who died at her hospitals as fertilizer for her gardens, iunno, get to digging IC : D

-----------------

Hakovi

Bird boy, Hakovi takes great pride in his appearance, mainly because he likes looking good and clean, partially because he wants to leave a solid impression on groundlings when it comes to makani appearances.

Hakovi loves flying. He used to practice aerial tricks and rather dangerous free-falling (when I still played him actively), and enjoys mentally mapping routes around big cities to try and complete them as quickly as possible.

He owns a few music boxes and generally loves music, and dancing and singing. He misses bright moon festivals from Vata'inu the most (aside from the people), and often sings old songs to himself to make sure he doesn't forget them. He finds Common to be an ugly language to sing in, because Yakai is much more melodic and unique, and what he's grown up with.

Mans got a LOT of physical tics. He's almost always moving in some way, be it his talons tapping against surfaces or his wings readjusting or folding. When he's particularly interested in something though, he tends to stop and stare. Even with people, as they're talking.
Hakovi is a kleptomaniac and has a hoarding problem (crazy, I know, who would've guessed). This started on the ground after he parted ways with the others from Vata'inu (ICly it fell when he was a kid, don't worry about the timey wimey) and it was mainly because shiny and colorful things remind him of the makani back in Vata'inu. Sheeny feathers and bright plumages. Sometimes he just stares at his collection and tries to connect all the colors to people he used to know, or remembers from bright moon festivals.

More on tics, Hakovi's body language and feathers often tell of how he's feeling. Typically his neck feathers ruffle when he's feeling mad or offended, and his tail fans. His wings shift when he's uncomfortable, sort of like he's rubbing them together. He's very reactive to things, in contrast to his nonreactive avian facial features. They're all very specific reactions to specific emotions.

thanks for asking, now continue on about your characters please, i genuinely enjoy reading about them. i love seeing how much effort and thought has been put into them and how far they've come :')
also someone please tell me how your characters stand, i wanna hear idle animations lmao

Last edited: