Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Hangtough's Application [Approved- solus]

Chip

Legend of Altera
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

Hangtough

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?

USA

4) Have you read our guides yet?
I read them again, yes

5) Introduce yourself!
I am in school. I love acting and singing. Some hobbies are, of course, acting, singing, reading, and playing tennis. I love roleplaying because it helps when I'm on stage to get into the charecter. I mainly read fantasy.

6) Got any examples of your work?
I do not have any

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?
I have explored... sort-of. It was doing the first town and it said "Go to the blacksmith" But I couldn't find it.

8) Referrer: (Optional)
None

Name:
Puck
Race:
Elf
Appearance:
Go on Skindex and search "Leafen Elf Prince". I'm him(but not a prince).

The Test!!!!!!!!!!

"I wake up in a tree. 'A new day.' I think to myself as I run through the trees. I find my bow in the same place I put it last night. 'Good.' I say. I pull the map out of my sachel and look at it. I find the sun and head that way.
As I am walking I hear a shuffling. Suddenly I am pulled into the hollow of a tree. 'Let me go!' I scream as I struggle against the thing holding me back. Suddenly I hear a noise. 'A bear?' I think as I stop struggling against it.
A bear runs through the woods, clearing small trees in its way. It sniffs around and walks toward the tree I am trapped in, but doesn't smell me as it keeps on going.
I breathe hard. I wait a few more moments before I say 'Thank you for saving me.' and turn around.
A lady with a headband on is looking away, toward a small table. She turns around. 'Your welcome. Now let me introduce myself. I am Sistil. Who are you?' She asks curiosly. 'Puck.' I say, 'I should be going. Thank yo-'
'Your leaving so soon?' she inturups. 'Stay for a while. You look like you haven't had food for weeks!' She says and pulls me over to the table. 'Now tell me about yourself. Don't worry, I won't hurt you.'
'Alright.' I sigh. I hate telling about my life before I was alone. 'My parents were killed by an assasin when I was seven. I have been on the run ever since. I am heading toward the camp of elves who, hopefully, will take me in. A lady in a village gave me a map,' I pull out the map I was following and hand it to her. 'And I've been heading there.' She smiles as she looks down at the map. 'This lady was leading you to a trap. There is not an elf camp there, but a human camp.'
'And how's that bad?' I ask, puzzled.
'There leader, Stock, hates elves. His grandfather was killed by one.' She says, a mystic look in her eyes. 'Once me and my husband tried going there. Obviosly, he did not make it out alive.' She waves her hand to a painting of a tall, muscular elf with green eyes.
' I am sorry that happened.' I say, seeing sadness in her heart. 'Do you know where the elf camp is?'
'It is right past there, in the tallest tree in the wood.' she points to a tree right past where the lady sent me to.
'Will you come with me?' I ask her.
'I am sorry, but no, I do not think I am welcome there. But you will be.' She says, getting up. 'I think it is time you head of.' She says.
'Will I see you again?' I ask, hoping to see her soon.
'I am afraid not, my life is ending. But do not fret about me, I will be fine.' She says, and pushes me out the door."

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hello- It's looking much better than last time. But your Test is still short of words needed to reach the 400 count limit. That doesn't seem to be the only issue now- the content of your Test is not quite reaching the quality standardized in Altera that we'd like to see. You'll be interacting with a lot of roleplayers that requires quick responses in certain scenarios and I'd like to see you able to give quality sentences in response. For example- your sentences jump from scene to scene. I'd like to see a good transition from one scene to the other. I'm going to request you to re-edit your main post- Use the edit button right at the end of your post- and rewrite your Test with a bit more quality as well as quantity with your words. Take your time and keep thoughtful. I'll take a look when you're finished.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
How to use the forum
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.