Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ideas for Towns

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
Dream City: A huge cleared out space of land on the edge of a seaway connecting it to the
continent beside it, for reference just look at Constantinople's location (IRL).

3 layers of massive outer walls each one larger then the next, surrounding the City as a whole with smaller Watchtowers
staggered along the walls. Also with one massive keep as a Barracks, for the Men-at-Arms.

In inner City being divided into 3 sections (by smaller walls). Inside the first section being for the main Marketplace District, for Inns and other various tourism/trade buildings. The inner second section and largest being the Housing District, aswell as for Temples and Public Arena's. The third and most inner section being the most heavily defended is for the Imperial Palace.

The Imperial Palace being the most grand of all the buildings, boasting massive towers jetting from the 4 corners and an impressive domed roof covering the whole span of the rooftops. Interior wise, the Palace being divided up into multiple sections: the Main Lobby, the Kitchen/Storage Room, Royal-Guard Barracks, tge Library, and the massive Living Spaces and Rooms (only meant for paying customers and selected guests aswell as the Lord of the City).

To balance it all out a deep river running from the Oceans edge on the outskirts of the seaway straight to the heart of the City, which would be a massive Fountain.

-Outer Wall Plan below-

Though as Itzza said before about large Cities not being resident friendly, I find it is how it's built (I've seen Huge Cities with man made natural scenery, to be more appealing) and how the Mayor/Leader treats he people that really define that.
---
I have done this before, but it does require multiple people and funds.
If I were to Found a City I would chose that idea above or build a replica of Winterfell.
(From Game of Thrones)

~Basil

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
What about a big capital city with places like the Uppercity and the Lowercity.
The Uppercity would be very beautifull and not to big.
It would be where the "rich people" live.
The Lower city would be where all the scum and poor people live.
There it would be dirty, and massive walls.
Ba-Sing-Se? LOL

Attachments

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hmmm...think simple. How about a tropical fishing village on the coast? The trees would have to be custom made, but other than that its possible

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
A gigantic underwater-castle. With a big bubble of glass around it. (Like Hyrule castle from LoZ Wind-Waker)

ZaneCelmer

Hollows Explorer
A cove either in a mountain or in connected homes near an open area, but covered by some sort of mountain for vampires! Or mabye use that tribe idea, and get a band of werewolves!

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
I'm actually quite interested in what new ideas people could come up with now!

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
A coliseum in the desert. Run by a self indulgent, self invested figure head with a silver tongue. Funded by noble houses and any donations from well off cities. Puts men and women alike against man.... And now... Maybe beasts :')

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
First suggestion: Necroing threads isn't cool
Second suggestion: Join someone else's town first, we don't want lots of empty, half-built towns on this new map
Third suggestion: Ignoring the second suggestion, find a focus for your town. Don't just build it around the wants and needs of one character because you'll instantly feel unattached once something happens to that character creating the problem listed above. Instead your focus should be broad; a religious city, a racial city, an industrial city, a commercial city. A city at the heart of an empire or a small farming hamlet. Think macro, not micro. If you're going to be a dwarven smith that builds scythes for a living, make your city more about industry than just that one product.

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
A coliseum in the desert. Run by a self indulgent, self invested figure head with a silver tongue. Funded by noble houses and any donations from well off cities. Puts men and women alike against man.... And now... Maybe beasts :')
Does.. it have to be a desert?

I really like this idea mokwar

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Aint nothin' wrong with payin' a bit of homage to an old thread, and hey for all you know necroing a thread can lead to good possibilities.

Spark

Broken
Aint nothin' wrong with payin' a bit of homage to an old thread, and hey for all you know necroing a thread can lead to good possibilities.
Depends on the thread. One with a couple of build ideas and half of the previous participants no longer active on the server doesn't seem very useful. Exceptions usually occur when the thread is still relevant and the post adds something significant to the discussion.

Magiik

Lord of Altera
Why make it its own place? A coliseum could be put in any city, and along with having fighting events could also start a series of beast-hunting events, to capture some of the more dangerous creatures to fight.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Doesn't have to be on its own- I've thought about it for a year and it could clearly work in an already established region