Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

John_Nightwisp's Application [Approved - Snerus]

John_Wisp

Villager
About Me!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

John_Nightwisp

2. How old are you?

16 years old

3. What country are you from?

Good old U.S.A

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

Yes I have,

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is the usage of information not learned through rp to influence your character’s choices. This generally lessens the effects of certain forms of rp and makes it less enjoyable. Powergaming is in a way similar to op characters. You basically make it so that others have less of a chance to react to your decisions. If you can’t counter a move than what is the point.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

Not at all.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

I do not know any Mentors as of now.

8. Tell us about yourself!

Well to start I'm an avid reader. I have a general fascination with anything medieval. Magic is one of my all time favorite things in any game. When it comes to music I usually prefer some orchestra, a bit of rap, some hip-hop, country, and music similar to that of Explosions In The Sky. I don't play a lot of games due to the lack of funds and a powerful computer. I am not the best person when it comes to pvp. Generally I would think that most of my school peers believe me to be a boring person.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I have nothing for this one.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

I found this server after scrolling through a list of 1.10.2 servers.

About Your Character!

This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

• Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.

• Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.

• Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.

• Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.

• Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.

• Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:

Henry Adenir

Character Age:

Character Race:

human

Appearance:

(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)

Hair color: Dark Brown

Eye Color: grey

Skin Color: white

Clothing: a simple leather tunic, wool trousers, along with cloth covering my face from the nose down.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!

(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

‘Faster, I have to be swift and nimble, that is how I have been taught.’ I look around as I dodge around tree trunks, searching for my prey. I slow down as I spot a brown figure. As I approach i notice that it is in fact a mature looking buck. I bring out my bow and place an arrow on the string. I walk forward to get a better angle. *Snap!* I cringe slightly and watch as the buck runs off. I looked down to see that I had stepped on a twig. “Well better luck next time son.” I jump slightly, I will never understand how my father can move so silently. I turn around to face him. Before I continue I should explain who I am. My name is Henry Adenir. My family and I have lived in these woods for around fifteen years or about the time I was born. My parents worship the goddess Theodra and have passed their belief on to me. I have accepted it gratefully and work on my archery skills constantly. Although I’m average in skill, my father has stated that I have a natural skill with the bow that I have yet to tap into.

“Well son, your mother and I have decided that it is about time that you go out and travel the world, oh and don’t worry your sister and the neighboring wood elves have promised to make sure we remain in good health.”Hearing this I begin to smile. I had always wanted to travel, but family is valued above all and I could not just leave my parents behind. “Ok father, I promise to send some of my earnings home for all of you.” With that we returned home to have a brief breakfast before I set off to the nearest town. I pack my meager belongings which includes a bow with 15 arrows, some dried meat and a loaf of bread, and an extra change of clothes. I also include a book on the types of magic in the small hope that I may find someone who could teach me. I filled up my water skin at our well, and began to set off when I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see my father handing me a pendant with the family motto engraved into it ‘Silent Guardian’. I looked up tears in my eyes, I nod gratefully, turn around, and walk off with a newfound sense of confidence.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Before I accept this application, I'd have some changes I'd like you to make.

If you could please first name a mentor in Question 7. Read carefully through our whitelist guide, and you should be able to find a place where every mentor is named. To ensure that you have read through said guide, I will not approve the application if you name me as the mentor for obvious reasons.

Secondly, I'd appreciate some edits to your written test, mainly revising some grammatical errors. I'd recommend opening up the text in a Microsoft Word document or something of the sort and having it assist you in editing out your mistakes. As it stands, I don't feel confident in accepting the test in its current form.

Thank you very much.

John_Wisp

Villager
Before I accept this application, I'd have some changes I'd like you to make.

If you could please first name a mentor in Question 7. Read carefully through our whitelist guide, and you should be able to find a place where every mentor is named. To ensure that you have read through said guide, I will not approve the application if you name me as the mentor for obvious reasons.

Secondly, I'd appreciate some edits to your written test, mainly revising some grammatical errors. I'd recommend opening up the text in a Microsoft Word document or something of the sort and having it assist you in editing out your mistakes. As it stands, I don't feel confident in accepting the test in its current form.

Thank you very much.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Tempy_

Written Test!

(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

Faster, I have to be swift and silent that is how my father taught me. I look around as I dodge around tree trunks, searching for my prey. I slow down as I spot a brown figure. While I approach it, I notice that it is in fact an older looking buck. I bring out my bow and place an arrow on the string. I walk forward to get a better angle. “Snap!” I cringe slightly and watch as the buck runs off. I looked down to see that I had stepped on a twig. “Well, better luck next time.” I jump slightly, I will never understand how my father can move so silently. I turn around to face him. Before I continue I should explain who I am, my name is Henry Adenir. My family and I have lived in these woods for around fifteen years or about the time I was born. My parents’ worship the goddess Theodra and have passed their belief on to me. I have accepted it gratefully and work on my archery skills constantly. Although I’m average in skill, my father has stated that I have a natural skill with the bow that I have yet to tap into.

“Well, son, your mother and I have decided that it is about time that you go out and travel the world, oh and don’t worry your sister and the neighboring wood elf has promised to make sure we stay in good health.” Hearing this, I begin to smile. I had always wanted to travel, but we value family above everything else and I could not just leave my parents behind. “OK father, I promise to send some of my earnings home for all of you.” With that, we returned home to have a brief breakfast before I set off to the nearest town. I pack my meager belongings which include a bow with 15 arrows, some dried meat and a loaf of bread, and an extra change of clothes. I also include a book on the types of magic in the small hope that I may find someone who could teach me. I filled up my water skin at our well, and began to set off when I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see my father handing over a pendant engraved with family motto ‘Silent Guardian’. Looking up tears, in my eyes, I nod gratefully, turn around, and walk off with a newfound sense of confidence.

Hopefully this is correct.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Yes, thank you for making those changes I requested. The new test seems up to standard.

Congratulations, John_Wisp !

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay on Hollowworld. Before logging on, make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our world, Altera. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two or ask one of our Mentors for help if you have any questions about how things work.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, and if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (These are very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for them.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.