Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Kerbal Space Program

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I got this game the other day. Gotta say, this thing is the bomb. Got a probe observing the Sun following a gravity slingshot escape test, and another locked in orbit around the Mun as a proof of concept for the manned munar landing program. Anyone got stories to share, or care to discuss the game?

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Wat? Where? Steam?

-K9

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I am jelly. I tried that game last night, built a gigantic ship which instantly blew up. Then I made a small RIP Jebidiah ship.

I miss Jebidiah :c

-K9

Minty

Lord of Altera
AshenWanderer
AshenWanderer
Geh. I've been playing the demo so much, lately. I watch Robbaz play around in it and it looks amazing with some of the mods he installs.

Though- My life isn't like taco commercials, I can't have both Cubeworld and KSP at the same time ;~;

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Managed to get my ships to the Mun a few times now... Sad thing is: Everytime I try to land the ship is either to fast, some part sudenly looses its integrety for no reason OR the lander flips over...

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Managed to get my ships to the Mun a few times now... Sad thing is: Everytime I try to land the ship is either to fast, some part sudenly looses its integrety for no reason OR the lander flips over...

The trick is to come in at a steeper angle and burn retrograde to slow down to about 100 m/s by the time you're at about 5km. Keeping SAS enabled prevents flipping.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
The trick is to come in at a steeper angle and burn retrograde to slow down to about 100 m/s by the time you're at about 5km. Keeping SAS enabled prevents flipping.
I slowed down to at least 20 ms/s and had sAs activated at all times ;).

I even shot a spacestation to the Mun, and let it obrit there just to retrieve those Kerbals with another craft that can bring them up to the space station, but nada.
Too bad parachutes don't work on the mun.

The one where the lower half broke could have even gone up again, since it still had 3 engines, but getting there from the other craft was almost impossible. I didn't want to shoot a rover up there too now so I ditched the save and started new lol.
In the meantime I build a ship that can land and raise back on both sides, I just can't seem to get it out of the atmosphere lol.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I've gotten two rovers successfully landed on the Mun and I've got a true lander mission en route now. I managed to assemble a multi-part station in orbit around Kerbin and the Mun, and the Mun one will be getting a tug for maneuvering.

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I'll be buying it soon, my nan has paid for the remaining fee for my exchange and as a thank you she gave me €20.

Wait, what.

Old people don't make sense but I'll be getting this game anyhow.

-K9

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I bought KSP a few days back but have been to sick to try and even mess around with the bajillion things they give you.

-K9