Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Kerbal Space Program

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Got a ship to Mun carrying two passengers.
Rear engines on it blew, leaving them stranded.
Improved ship, gave it decent landing gear.
Went to collect lost Kerbals.
Placed flag giving details on the mission.
Splashed down on Kerbin.
Ship blew up because it was going too fast.
Four Kerbals dead.
Flag is a lie.

Gave up trying to rescue Kerbals. Going to Eve at some point.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Reached Duna.
Ship fell over.
Designing better ships to come fetch the kerbals.

Angryboy

Just out of curiosity, how many of you use the "infinite fuel" debug?
I like designing nice looking ships, but they often end up being too heavy and need a lot of fuel.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Not I! Part of the fun for me is getting the ship into orbit :p

Even if that means sending up multiple pieces using my heavy lifter (cleared to bring 140 tons into LKO)

Angryboy

I tried using the kerbal space-dock mod, and it failed horribly.
So yeah, I basically just cheat to get to places now.

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
I got the full game. Best freakin money I've ever spent. Buuuut I suck...Jebediah, Bill, and Bob made to the moon though. Well....there stranded now, sure, but...they made it!

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Challenge! Land a manned ship on the Mun, plant a flag, and return! Post screenshots of pre-takeoff, takeoff, orbit, the Kerbin-Mun transfer, the Mun lander in action, and the landing (with the Kerbal(s) posing by the flag!).

Angryboy

Challenge! Land a manned ship on the Mun, plant a flag, and return! Post screenshots of pre-takeoff, takeoff, orbit, the Kerbin-Mun transfer, the Mun lander in action, and the landing (with the Kerbal(s) posing by the flag!).
Does it count if I use cheats to get there? XD
I used infinite fuel to escape Kerbin, but used limited on getting to/landing on the second moon (forgot its name).

Tip for anyone getting there, try landing on the lakes. They are frozen solid and are almost perfectly flat; great for landing on.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Does it count if I use cheats to get there? XD
I used infinite fuel to escape Kerbin, but used limited on getting to/landing on the second moon (forgot its name).

Tip for anyone getting there, try landing on the lakes. They are frozen solid and are almost perfectly flat; great for landing on.
minmus

Angryboy

That's the one!
I also tried getting to Kerbol (the Sun) and decided against it after realizing that it would probably result in the destruction of my ship...

Does anyone else REEAAAALLY want this game to have some sort of purpose in freeplay, like being able to build on other planets and such?

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
That's the one!
I also tried getting to Kerbol (the Sun) and decided against it after realizing that it would probably result in the destruction of my ship...

Does anyone else REEAAAALLY want this game to have some sort of purpose in freeplay, like being able to build on other planets and such?
That may be a future feature

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
The whole point is that it's a challenge!

And if you want preset goals, try something like Kethane, RemoteTech, ISA MapSat, or Extraplanetary Launchpads. There's even an Orbital Construction Yard mod.

Angryboy

The whole point is that it's a challenge!

And if you want preset goals, try something like Kethane, RemoteTech, ISA MapSat, or Extraplanetary Launchpads. There's even an Orbital Construction Yard mod.
Tried Kethane but couldn't seem to fit any parts to my ships, got ISA and use it regularly (might try to map all the planets). I think I've also tried the OCY but it never worked properly.

I'll have a go with the Extraplanetary Launchpads.