Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

King Clover Pig's Application [Approved - Snerus]

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
King_Clover_Pig

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
England

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes. Yes I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using OOC Knowledge or information to effect the RP. For example: knowing OOC that a character is a Mage but not knowing it in RP, and using that knowledge in the RP.
Powergaming is generally acting OP when you're not and acting like, basically, a God. Powergaming can also be not letting the other Roleplayer react to your actions. Like saying that you stabbed them without letting them say if they dodged it or hit their sword out of the way etc.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope nopedy nope nope.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidzoid

8. Tell us about yourself!
Generally I'm quite sociable and like a good laugh. I enjoy RPing and stuff, which makes sense since I'm applying for this Server's Whitelist. I have a dog, (a Shnoodle named Oati) and 2 rabbits (Mini-Lops names Nimfi and Loopy). I like TV shows such as NCIS, Doctor Who, Gravity Falls and Star Trek. I enjoy reading, drawing, writing stories and video games.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I did start writing this book called Far Out once. Here's a link: http://figment.com/books/1022069-Far-Out

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
My friend Joona_R told me to check out this server, and it looks awesome!!
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
Stephen Clover

Character Age:
Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Clover is white, with grey hair, a long beard and dark blue eyes. He wears a dark purple robe.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Umm... I'm not sure where the picture will show up but I'll try to attach a file.
Written Test!
The wind howled and the rain lashed at the old man's face. His face held a straight face, his eyes shut. In his left hand he held a long stick, which he used as a staff. He opened his eyes to the port. His beard flapping in the wind, he started the walk down to the docks. He walked over to where the land met the sea and thought. Age had wearied his body, but his mind remained sharp. Despite this, memories still managed to dodge his conscious thought. Memories of him playing, but a young boy, flashed through his mind.

He remembered his home town, learning basic maths from his mother and how to write from his father. Camping outside his house, only 2 meters from the door. He had friends back then... No more... he had left them all when it had happened. What is was that had happened, that was the one memory that fleeted him. Past his 22nd birthday, all was blank till his 30th. Now he travelled, sometimes alone, sometime with other hermits he met along the way.

He turned his back to the sea and began his journey to the nearest tavern, maybe there he could have a sit down and think about his past. He walked into the inn and sat down at the nearest table, dripping water all over the floor. The barkeeper flashed a questioning look at the old man but Clover dismissed it. After a while, the barkeep walked over and took his order of a glass of water. He sipped it quietly and tried to remember, but alas, yet again, nothing came. He threw some coins to the barkeeper and walked out. That was something he did a lot, walk. Always walking. No home, he knew it wouldn't be worth it. He was a traveller, it wasn't just what he did, it was who he was.

The rain had stopped and so had the wind. Which direction to go? Did he have enough food? He quickly assessed his situation, but then spotted someone on the other side of the port. An old friend, a fellow traveller. A man of science, Doc Atbash. They greeted each other and talked a while, but neither of them were ones to stay in one place for one time. So, as ever, they walked.

He guessed that was his fate, to walk. Ever since it happened. He had decided to try and find out what happened, and struggled for years, searching. Unfortunately, he had come up short, with nothing to show for his efforts. So, he walked away, stopped hunting the past and decided to live in the present for whatever time he had left on this world..

Attachments

Last edited:

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Great work with the test. Having reviewed your application, I've noticed a few sticking points.

The first being that your powergaming definition is missing an element to it. Please review our Roleplay Guide for more information.

Along with that, you're listed as thirteen years old on your profile, but fourteen on your application. Typically, you understand that this server is aimed at an audience of 14 or above. As it stands, I'm not terribly concerned with any possible discrepancies with your age, as your application is impressive enough. Simply be aware however that player interaction of HollowWorld is geared towards a more typically mature audience, and by joining our server you are acknowledging that risk of said player interaction.

Once you've edited your powergaming definition and acknowledged the above warning, I'd be happy to accept this application. Until then, I'll keep it as pending.

Great work with the test. Having reviewed your application, I've noticed a few sticking points.

The first being that your powergaming definition is missing an element to it. Please review our Roleplay Guide for more information.

Along with that, you're listed as thirteen years old on your profile, but fourteen on your application. Typically, you understand that this server is aimed at an audience of 14 or above. As it stands, I'm not terribly concerned with any possible discrepancies with your age, as your application is impressive enough. Simply be aware however that player interaction of HollowWorld is geared towards a more typically mature audience, and by joining our server you are acknowledging that risk of said player interaction.

Once you've edited your powergaming definition and acknowledged the above warning, I'd be happy to accept this application. Until then, I'll keep it as pending.
I have sorted out my powergaming definition. I agknowledge my age being under that of the target and will have that in consideration when I roleplay.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Then it all looks good to me. A note of warning that generally, older characters can be difficult to play due to the limited amount of opportunities available to them, and that you are free to change your character however you wish before you start RPing on the server.

That being said;

Congratulations, King Clover Pig !

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay on Hollowworld. Before logging on, make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our world, Altera. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two or ask one of our Mentors for help if you have any questions about how things work.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, and if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (These are very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for them.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.