Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Knight_Xavier's Whitelist Application [Accepted - Cukie1]

Knight Xavier

Lord of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

Taafe

2. How old are you?

I am 20 years old.

3. What country are you from?

Scotland, United Kingdom

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming - Using information that you obtained via OOC sources to advance your knowledge ICly, for example: Meeting a player for the first time and addressing them by their RP Name even though you have never met them. Another example is suddenly being able to understand a language when you have no prior experience with that race or its language in general.

Powergaming - Using things that would make your character overpowered and/or giving your opponent no chance of a fair fight. For example, suddenly managing to spawn an army of 1000 elite soliders to combat a single opponent while you have an unbreakable shield that can never be penetrated. Another example of this would be giving your opponent no chance to counter-react to your movements, such as being able to kill them in one blow with your sword while giving them no chance to react to the situation, for example:

Player 1: *Suddenly brandishes his sword and strikes "Player 2" with his sword, striking him in the heart and killing him instantly*
Player 2: *Attempts to count....... (Dead)*

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

Of course not. This brings an unfair advantage to any server, not just HW.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Glados

8. Tell us about yourself!

Hi! My name is Kieran Taafe, I'm a 20 yearold Scotsman and retail worker in the UK. I started PC gaming when I was around 12 or so, when my dad bought me a cheap laptop to use for High School (I had trouble with my writing skills, thankfully, this has all been fixed) I ended up stumbling upon Minecraft and after about 2 years playing that, I found Hollow World through a friend Jinx (Doubt he's still here), but anyway. I'm an avid tech enthusiast, I like to tinker with anything technological, including PC's, Phones, Laptops, you name it, I'll strip it apart and drool over it. I built my own PC back in 2015 and have now invested about £1500 to just this PC, I love it, it's my pride and joy.

In my spare time I like to moderate communities, I'm currently a mod on the Minecraft Forums and I run my own little gaming community ( I won't mention due to advertising, and even I don't like that ). I'm quite a big fan of PC Gaming, mainly tactical shooters such as Arma and Squad, but also a fan of GMod and RTS.

I currently work in retail, in a nationwide supermarket chain in the UK, I love it, I'm a big fan of customer service and working with others.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I used to make graphics a few years ago, you can see most of the stuff still standing on my MCF Arts page here.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

Yes, but a long time ago.
About Your Character!

Character Name:

Xavier Wilhelm

Character Age:

53 Years Old

Character Race:

Human

Appearance:

Short Grey Hair
Pale Blue Eyes
Slash through right eye, still able to see out of it though!

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

As Xavier Wilhelm stepped through the massive gates of Storm's Landing, he couldn't help but think to himself as to how he managed to get here, how he managed to survive the shipwreck, and how he managed to escape in once piece.

Xavier himself is not a young man, in his early 50’s, Xavier has short grey hair, quite a muscular face and a large bright red scar that spans across his right eye. About a decade ago, Xavier was working in the line of duty when he was caught off guard by a bandit, this bandit was lucky enough to get a shot on Xavier and slashed him across the face with a small dagger, thankfully, it did not blind him but left a mark that draws too much attention to him. Xavier is also quite a tall man of around medium build. While he's now retired he still tries to keep himself active, but has not been in a fight in years.

Xavier is a former guard of Haven’s Reach, and was retired before the Exodus. Xavier escaped the Exodus on a ship called the Heaven’s Legacy, an old Heaven’s Reach charter ship that Xavier managed escape the fall of Heaven’s Reach in, unfortunately, the ship sustained damage during his escape and was overcome by the waves of the Sea of Storms and the Legacy shipwrecked off the eastern coast of the New World. Thankfully, Xavier survived the initial shipwreck, unfortunately the crew did not meet the same fate. Xavier managed to find shelter in a small cave and fortunately for Xavier, his old guard past gave him the skills to survive long enough to spot large galleys sail up the coast, thinking to himself that the ships could potentially result in a safe haven, Xavier started a journey up the coast, eventually spotting a harbour city that turned out to be Storm’s Landing. Xavier sighed with relief as he wandered up to the gates, eventually being stopped by a guard asking where he came from and why he was so roughed up. Xavier explained his story, and to the shock of Xavier, the guard’s expression changed, to the look of joy. “It’s good to see you alive, I was afraid that we would not see any more survivors, those seas were horrific.” Xavier sighed with relief to see more survivors of the Exodus. And so begins the journey of Xavier Wilhelm, an old man with nothing left but the hope that he can find himself again.

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Give me a bit to look over. If I don't respond, perhaps amother mentor has stepped up

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Hey there, a few things to look over:
-Please remove all armor. Players cannot start with advanced gear. Any and all plate armor cannot be used. Nothing above leather or gamesons.
-No advanced skills. He cannot be a master swordsman or a master blacksmith. This means he cannot know how to craft steel or advanced gear/weaponry.
-If you want the eye to remain red, he would have to be blind in it, as it would be bleeding within the cornea, blinding the pupil of the eye. Essentially, a collection of blood, not the iris changing color. If not, it would be his normal eye color.

Knight Xavier

Lord of Altera
Hey there, a few things to look over:
-Please remove all armor. Players cannot start with advanced gear. Any and all plate armor cannot be used. Nothing above leather or gamesons.
-No advanced skills. He cannot be a master swordsman or a master blacksmith. This means he cannot know how to craft steel or advanced gear/weaponry.
-If you want the eye to remain red, he would have to be blind in it, as it would be bleeding within the cornea, blinding the pupil of the eye. Essentially, a collection of blood, not the iris changing color. If not, it would be his normal eye color.
No problem, I will alter the skin and remove the armour, as well as change the eye colour (I'd like to keep the scar due to the backstory, if that's alright with you). I don't think I mentioned him being a master swordsman did I? He was a guard in the past but he's now long retired and doesn't know how to fight due to retirement and age. I'll change the part of the story that involves him being a blacksmith :)

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
No problem, I will alter the skin and remove the armour, as well as change the eye colour (I'd like to keep the scar due to the backstory, if that's alright with you). I don't think I mentioned him being a master swordsman did I? He was a guard in the past but he's now long retired and doesn't know how to fight due to retirement and age. I'll change the part of the story that involves him being a blacksmith :)
That's fine. Just have to make sure. You're more than free to keep the scarring. It might be a while for me to whitelist/re-evaluate the application, as I'm on my way to college, but I let the others mentors know this application is open, if they're free. Sorry for the wait, but you can roam the forums/Discord/Get acquainted to the map in that time.

Knight Xavier

Lord of Altera
That's fine. Just have to make sure. You're more than free to keep the scarring. It might be a while for me to whitelist/re-evaluate the application, as I'm on my way to college, but I let the others mentors know this application is open, if they're free. Sorry for the wait, but you can roam the forums/Discord/Get acquainted to the map in that time.
No problem, I've got work anyway so I can bust this out beforehand :)

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Everythung looks good. I'll let mentors know. c:

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
You should be whitelisted now, try getting on and using the [/warp whitelist] command