Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

LegoDude0516's Totally Fabulous Whitelist Application [Approved - Snerus]

LegoDude0516

Loyal Servant of Altera
1. LegoDude0516
(New players can only use one account to begin with, so please don't list any alt accounts. You can apply for an alt account after being here for one month.)

2. 15

(Please note that the minimum age to take part on the server is 14. Due to the era of the role play there are some more mature themes which may not be suitable for anyone younger. We can't be held responsible should you choose to lie about your age.)

3. America. That is, the USA.
(HollowWorld is an English speaking server. People from around the world are more than welcome to join us and take part provided that they do their best to use a good standard of written English both in game and on the forums.)

4. I have indeed read all the guides.
(There, you can find information about how our server is run, as well as the playable races.)

5. Metagaming is when somebody uses information their character should not know during roleplay - for example, if Bob killed George in the alleyway and hid the body, Steve shouldn’t know that Bob killed George, even if Bob says so in OOC. Powergaming is when someone does something in roleplay to give themselves an advantage, or denies another player the ability to react to an action. Examples include have magical imaginary informers that tell you about everything that happens, as well as stabbing someone in the neck during combat without letting them react.
(It is important to understand what these terms are and why they are bannable offenses in any roleplaying community.)

6. No, of course you don't.
(This question goes for any method that can be used to unfairly find and mine ores.)

7. hero2237
(Mentors are designed to help you get used to the server; you can a list of our current Mentors and what they can do for you under 'Everything you need to know!'.)

8. My name is Scott. I live in Eastern America, and I’m a huge geek. I like playing D&D with my friends, listening to music(My favorite bands are Panic! At the Disco as well as Fall Out Boy), reading, and playing video games. My favorite books are Lord of the Rings, the Silmarillion, A Song of Ice and Fire, and The World of Ice and Fire. My favorite games are The Elder Scrolls, Fallout(New Vegas is the best), and Crusader Kings 2. I also like cats, I have 2.

(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)

I have plenty of excerpts from failed writing; I don’t care to share them, because they failed for a reason. If I find something good before this gets accepted or denied; I’ll post it.
(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)

10. I was referred by a friend of mine who plays on my server(I won’t name it), bowbow007.
(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)
Character Name: Devan
(Be mindful of the Medieval Fantasy theme when choosing your name.)

Character Age: 17
(Simple enough!)

Character Race: Human
(Have a look through our Playable Races!)

Appearance: He’s around 5’7, has short, thick light brown hair. Has deep blue eyes that remind some of the sea. Slightly tanned skin from days and weeks of training to fight in the sweltering sun. Rather handsome for someone of low birth. Wears a green tunic and brown trousers, with a belt and two rusty iron pauldrons strapped to each of his shoulders.
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)
Oh dear, a written test.

“Is there any food left?” Erik asked Devan impatiently. Devan glowered at him and handed him the backpack, leaving him to see that there was no food in it.

“I told you, we ate it all this morning.” Devan said, irritatedly as he stepped over one of the gnarled roots in the ground. “Should have brought more.” He added. Erik grunted.

“Should we go back and get more?” He asked Devan, “Or should I just eat the firewood?

“No. We’re too far off, plus, we got turned around too much. I don’t even know which direction home is in.” The younger, more logical Devan replied. As they continued to walk through the trees in silence, he heard the crack of twigs. He put his hand on the hilt of his battered iron sword, hanging on its sheathe. Erik did the same with his hatchet.

The two looked up and saw a grimy man walk out of the trees. He had long, tangled, dirty black hair and an equally tangled black beard. The man also had moss-green eyes, but what Devan saw first was the longbow in his hands - an arrow drawn, ready to strike at any moment.

“Looks like ‘yer lost, boys. Now.. Show me what valuables ya got, and put ‘em on the ‘ground. Then walk away. And don’ lie to me. ‘Yer surrounded.” The brigand said in a rough accent. Devan looked around and saw three or four other, equally dirty bandits, bearing swords and daggers and hammers.

They were surrounded. He reached into his backpack and took out what few valuables he had - an extra dagger, a few unlit makeshift torches that had been made from dried wood, and a few other miscellaneous items. Cautiously, he set them on the grass, stepping back. Erik dropped his axe.

“That’s all our valuables.” Devan said, putting his hands up. The brigand gave a chuckle and gestured to him. He looked down at the crystal pendant his sister had given him and frowned. It looked pretty, but it was clearly not made of anything valuable. “You want this? It’s worthless.” He said carefully.

“No, laddie. I want ‘yer sword.” The man said, grinning and showing his black and rotted teeth. Devan glared at the man before slowly unsheathing the sword. He wasn’t about to give it to the man, but he was going to pretend to. He made a show of placing the sword on the ground, but around halfway to the ground, he instead lunged forward to dodge the incoming arrow.

He was right that the man would fire on him. The makeshift iron-tipped arrow hit the ground as Devan rolled out of the way. The bandits hefted their weapons and began to advance. Time to think of a new plan. Erik began to run, catching the men off their guard with his stupidity.

The bandit leader hastily drew another arrow and shot it, but he evidently didn’t practice much, as the arrow hit a nearby tree and fell to the ground. Devan gripped his sword and ran as fast as he could, leaping over the roots and weaving between trees and through bushes. Soon, he came to a cliff. Over the edge, he saw a pond, the water shimmering, but he could not tell how deep it was.

As the men ran toward him, cursing at him, he took a look at the pond and then at the men, and decided on the more pleasant way to die. With a deep breath and a prayer to the gods, he took a flying leap off the edge, spreading his weight out in the air, hoping the pond was deep enough.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Very well done with the application, but I'm afraid on Hollowworld we'd prefer your character was developed personality-wise, as opposed to simply having the test be a scene of violence or physical confrontation. This expectation is also outlined on our Whitelist Guide.

With that taken into consideration, I'll ask that you rewrite your written test before I approve this application. Until then, I will leave it pending.

LegoDude0516

Loyal Servant of Altera
I have rewrote it! I changed Devan's character a lot, though. I only left a few bits of the original story. Instead of being a boring pleb, he is now the son of a very minor village lord.
Character Name: Devan Cadelyn

Character Age: 17

Character Race: Human

Appearance: About 5'7, Devan is handsome. He is clean-shaven and has thick black hair covering his head, with the bright green eyes he shares with the rest of his family. He wears a tan tunic and breeches, and wears bear fur boots. Over his plain tunic, he wears a brightly colored red and green cloak that occasionally flows in the wind. He has fair skin. He is often told he looks like a wandering bard.

Here's my new story! 852/400 words, haha.

“I’ll be off soon!” Devan shouted down to his father as he laced his boots. Today was the day. The day he was going to leave on an adventure, to bring honor and glory to his family. When he finished with his boots, he put on his red and green cloak, before grabbing his long iron sword and placing it in the sheath by his side. He walked out of his room looking every inch an adventurer - so much so that his older brother, Erik, almost didn’t recognize him.

“Devan?” His brother asked upon bumping into him. Erik was dressed in a plain tunic, and was carrying firewood to the furnace. His axe was strapped to his side, and he looked as grizzly as ever with that long black beard he refused to cut.

“Indeed, brother. I’m leaving this afternoon.” Devan replied proudly, grinning at his brother.

“Oh really? You better come back alive.” Erik smiled and winked at him before walking past to place the logs in the fire. Devan carried on, walking down the stairs to where his lord father was speaking to one of his men-at-arms - Lyonel, if he recalled correctly. Seeing that his father was busy, he walked outside to take a look at the sun and make sure the weather was nice.

The weather was, while slightly cloudy, decent. It wasn’t too hot, and it wasn’t too cold, and if it did get chilly, Devan had his cloak for more than just decoration. The stable boy had evidently finished his work, and was hacking at a tree with a wooden club that he fancied a sword.

“Ah, Alan. Finished with the horses?” He said casually to the younger boy. Alan was around thirteen and was being paid a decent sum of money a day to make sure the horses and stables were in good condition.

“Yes, m’lord. Everything is in order. Say, would you like to spar with me?” Alan said, bowing. Devan grinned.

“I would, Alan, but I’m to be off on an adventure today. Unfortunately, you can’t come with me, or your father would be furious with you. Can you get Midnight saddled for me?” Devan replied politely, his hand patting the sword on his belt. Alan nodded at him cheerfully and ran off to the stables to get his horse, Midnight, a young mare, saddled. Devan began walking onwards - he had a destination in mind.

After around fifteen minutes of walking, countless hellos and greetings to the people around him, who loved him, the young and spirited son of Lord Duncan well, he came to his destination - The large oak tree on the edge of the village. He looked up and saw exactly what he expected to see.

A girl of about fifteen years was watching him over the edge of some makeshift lodge built in the tree. She had the green eyes of Devan’s family, but unlike Devan and his brother, she had their mother’s hair - fiery red. The girl made a clicking sound at him.

“Ah, Devan. You’re late.” His sister, Jayne, said to him sarcastically. Devan grinned and climbed up onto one of the tree branches. From there, his younger sister grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

“Morning, Jayne. I’m leaving today.” Devan said to her sadly. She just grinned at him.

“Oh, I know! That’s why I invited you here. Breakfast?” Jayne said happily. Devan shrugged and decided it couldn’t hurt, so she pulled out her pack, which contained some biscuits, cheese, and salted beef. While slightly hard to chew, Devan had always liked salted beef.

“Anyways.” Devan said while chewing on a piece of cheese. “I’ll bring you something nice back.” He thought of something in particular; he was going to get her a dagger. Although their parents had always pushed her to be a “proper lady”, Jayne was a free spirit. She was especially gifted with a dagger or a knife, but their parents had found her practicing and locked away all the kitchen knives, so she had to make do by creating her own, makeshift weapons.

“Thanks a lot. I was hungry.” Devan said when they finished the food. Jayne smiled at him. Then her green eyes lit up and she reached into her pack to pull something else out.

“This is for you! Something to remember me by!” She said, handing him a necklace. It was made of iron links, and had a small iron plate in the center, with a jewel set into it. He took it gingerly and grinned.

“Something to remember you by?” He asked, smiling. “I’m coming back, you know. You’re not that lucky.” She smiled back at him and shrugged.

“I got the smith and the jeweler to work together to make this for you as a going-away gift. For once, they got along.” She laughed. After a quick hug, Devan climbed down out of the tree and departed. A few hours later, he was riding his horse along the road, his cloak flowing in the wind and his horse trotting along. He had a feeling the adventures ahead would be more interesting than he anticipated.

Last edited:

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Excellent work with the new test. Thank you very much for making the requested changes.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.