Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[MadMan]'s Application [Accepted - Paint]

MadMan

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?

- xMadMan21
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?

- USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

- I have.
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming: Using knowledge acquired from an out of game source or knowledge your character could not have possibly possessed, and using said knowledge to your advantage in-game.

Powergaming: Powergaming is forcing an action on a player or putting a player in a position of weakness in which they cannot escape from.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

- No

7. Tell us about yourself!
I'm currently in good ole High School, studying Electronics/Electrical Engineering as my vocational major. In my free time I'm into road cycling, mountain biking and of course video games. I like to think that I didn't spend about half my childhood behind a screen, but the truth is I probably did. I enjoy a wide variety of games that offer player interaction, survival aspects, PvP and PvE, building, sandbox, etc. However my favorite group of games have to be the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, Rust, Minecraft and the ArmA series. I enjoy 90s rap and rock style music, and I've got two dachshunds (wiener dogs).

8. Do you have any examples of your work?

- No

9. Did anyone refer you?

- I've known about this server for a few years. GeoHX09, who I believe was an admin here awhile ago, was a mutual friend of mine he told me about it a few years back.
Character Name: Korvic Zekdorn

Character Age: 68

Character Race: Dwarf

Appearance: Korvic has dark charcoal/black hair, ice blue eyes, moderately pale skin, blue clothing with leather armor and a helmet. Sorry if my skin isn't the best I wanted to try and make my own but I'm awful with that kind of stuff, so I just modified one. I'll try to make a better one.

2016-05-02_18.11.39.png

Written Test!

As a boy my father always said, "Remember this boy, you're a Frostpeak and you don't take rubbish from nobody." He was a big dwarf, he was, he measured to about five feet three inch, which is a pretty damn big dwarf. I grew up in a small hamlet in the northern mountains that went by the name of Kravik. It was so damn cold there I can't even get frostbite anymore. Our little settlement had around thirty Dwarves who resided there. They were good hardy folk, but they were stubborn and ignorant about the world. My father was a master blacksmith, and he taught me the trade. Up until I was around seventeen my life had been an easy one. I attended a local school where I learned reading, writing, arithmetic and some engineering. On top of my schooling I worked with my father and learned metallurgy and smithing. However, at the age of seventeen I lost my father to a rock slide. His shop was on the west side of the village, right next to a precarious group of rocks that seem to want to break loose at any moment. Well it just so happens that those rocks did indeed break loose during a blizzard and crushed about two homes in the village (one being my father's shop), blocking off a road and damaging another house. It was one of the saddest days of my life and for the people of Kravik. However I wouldn't allow for this tragedy to ruin me. I rebuilt my father's shop in Kravik and repaired his forge and continued his craft. When I was around thirty eight I found myself to be at a point in my life where I craved adventure, feeling as though I had seen so little of this world. I'd heard stories from afar of metropolises full of people and things to see, so I put together all my earnings and set out on an adventure to see what I'd never seen before and to truly experience this realm. I traveled through forests of green, plains of grass, crossed seas of blue, roaring rivers and scorching deserts. Eventually as I grew into my middle ages I looked for a place to settle down and set up shop for the rest of my years, or atleast I hoped. On my way back to the north I stopped at a local village to get some food, where I was pleasantly surprised to meet an old friend of mine from Kravik, Ravet Platerock.

I was now sixty-eight and Ravet and I decided to set up a trading outpost that would allow imported goods from the south to be traded with the secluded community that was the Dwarves of the north. Ravet had dabbled in the engineering and I had learned a the basics of blacksmithing and know how to forge mediocre weapons and armor. With our basic skills we hope to form a trading outpost in which we can bring imported luxuries from the south to the closed Dwarven community of the north as well as improve our skills and abilities whilst doing this.

Attachments

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hello there and thank you for your interest in HollowWorld~

I was reading over your application and I noticed a few things I need to note; We generally don't accept applications where in the backstory the character mastered a skill, we asked that your character learns the skill to that level RPly. Also, I please look over the meaning of Powergaming again. Fix the things I've noticed and I will gladly look over the application again.

Warm Regards;
-Paint

MadMan

Villager
Hello there and thank you for your interest in HollowWorld~

I was reading over your application and I noticed a few things I need to note; We generally don't accept applications where in the backstory the character mastered a skill, we asked that your character learns the skill to that level RPly. Also, I please look over the meaning of Powergaming again. Fix the things I've noticed and I will gladly look over the application again.

Warm Regards;
-Paint
Alright I believe I've made the proper corrections, still a little fuzzy on whether or not the power gaming definition is correct.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.