Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

MCMMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
We've put McMMO on the server as a test. Feel free to play around with it, and report back to us anything you want us to know about.

Please remember that this is a test so all stats and things will eventually be reset once we have had time to test it and configure it properly.

Aug88

Grand Architect
disable godmode for players

also when invited it says : typ //accept to accept the invite
but actuelly its /accept with 1 less slash (/)

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Barry is sending me a custom build to change /p to /pp because voxel sniper uses /p

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
I have disabled mcgod in the config but I can't believe thats the right way of doing it - normal players shouldn't have this. I think Steel may have given everyone all the permission nodes?

Steelcryo

King of the north!
No, gave them 4 of the possible 6 group nodes. God mode is in the tools permission group but players don't have that :S

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Gonna let altera server test this before I consider it for tekkit. Tbh I don't really see the need for it on tekkit

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I'm probably the super minority here, but I was actually happy with the server not using mcmmo...

Kinda like moochick said, I feel like this plugin doesn't really help with roleplaying, but rather seems to make everyone just grind stats to get an advantage over everyone else. Granted, I know it's minecraft and everything we do is some form of grinding for resources, or money, or xp... but even the wiki for mcmmo talks about the best way to grind each skill. Isn't that crossing a line?

I mean, it's not a bad plugin.. I just don't see the need for it. Like I said, probably in the minority here so I accept it. Just thought I should comment.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Im more of a mind with pyrocide, but ima give it at least a week before i complain about it :p

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Well it's not something grind for. It's more of a reward system to playing. You just play doing the things you would do anyway and get bonuses for doing it.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Okay :D
Like i said, im waiting a week to pass judgements, because i dont know enough about the plugin.
But if its a sort of wurkit type reward then im optimistic.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
that's a nice way of looking at it, steel...

unfortunately most see it as a grinding system, including the wiki itself. they have a detailed description of exactly how to build a tower, for instance, that allows the greatest amount of xp on acrobatics by dropping off a number of ledges, taking the fall damage from each but not dieing, and finally putting fire/lava beside the final landing spot. couple it with a bed at the top of the tower, and congrats you have an acrobatics grinder.

also, the fastest way to grind mining is mining a gold ore, then placing it back down. repeat till max level.

Like I said, its not a bad plugin. I think some of it's uses are interesting, such as bringing axes damage up so that they are also a possible weapon choice, and the different right click attack bonuses they give gives a more options for pvp combat. I just don't like how hard it promotes grinding of things you wouldn't do normally, like the two examples above.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Grinding can be prevented by making it so that simply having a high level doesnt give u a massive reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.