Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

MCMMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3aKeD

The Bearded Man
Excavation only levels up when you recieve treasure from digging the chances of this happening depends on the item being dropped and the material your digging
Ah, i looked up the wiki and i couldn't understand it. it says 30 exp for dirt?

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
What is this?! Do you think this is FUNNY?!
Anyway... When I first heard of MCmmo (Someone suggested it one day) I Googled it and didn't really like the aspect of murdering vanilla completely. Now, I disbelieve it did anything to the RP aspect. However what it did do is made an MMO out of Minecraft. Minecraft: The super glitchy, terribly buggy, impossible to fix, annoying, laggy, not-for-lower-end-computers-though-it-says-it-is etc. etc... Minecraft couldn't possibly be ever an MMO because people would simply want to grind and grind. After all, that's what nearly all MMOs are about. To my relief, the RP aspect didn't change that much, but, as stated above, I don't really like the levelling other then spending your levels on better tools which break after some time...

S

Stevey

It doesn't bother people who just want to roleplay.
It adds a bit more fun and a timesink for other players.
Everyone is happy.

It's far from being a MMORPG where you have to grind to get anywhere. It's still the same game, there is just an option to do a few extra things.

We're still sorting out the details and looking at what advantages players get. However RP wise there should be no problems with someone cutting wood faster after they have chopped down a million trees.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Retired Staff
It helps roleplay because if your character was a very good swordsman, you could actualy be a better swordsmen instead of roleplay that you are. It also lets blacksmiths be an actual profession because you can repair tools based on your level.

Danie_D

Lord of Altera
It helps roleplay because if your character was a very good swordsman, you could actualy be a better swordsmen instead of roleplay that you are. It also lets blacksmiths be an actual profession because you can repair tools based on your level.
You could also build up your one-handed if your character was supposed to be super strong and buff.

Kehza

Lord of Altera
Ok guys i've finished the config of mcMMO (after doing the wrong version twice xD).

mcMMO will not allow players to become very overpowered etc, it will just add a leveling aspect to the server and give players who do a certain task a lot small rewards.

I will now list the changes as this will be very different from the normal mcMMO.

- Combat -
Combat skills are limited to level 150 maximum, anything higher than this will mean new players will be at a serious disadvantage.

Combat activated abilities have a cooldown of 30 minutes, this means you have to use abilities like Serrated Strikes very sparingly! When using these activated abilities, your weapons will break 5x faster, so use them sparingly.

Combat skills also level 10x slower, this means getting to level 150, will be like getting to level 1500. This shouldn't be an issue for most of you, as i've already seen a few of you are in the 100s.

-Harvesting-

This includes the following skills:

Mining
Woodcutting
Excavation
Herbalism
Fishing

Harvesting activated abilities have a cooldown of 10minutes, however your tools will also break 5x faster, so using these save time, but will cost you more money.

All harvesting abilities are limited to a level limit of 200, past this level exploits become too easy, and it will ruin the economy. For example at mining level 800, there is an 80% chance that anything you will mine will drop double.

Excavation has been modified to allow more treasure drops up to level 200, I am aware that this may be a bit buggy when leveling at the moment. However treasures will drop slightly more often so this should help.

Herbalism has it's overpowered abilities to turn cobblestone into mossy cobblestone etc disabled. Herbalism at high levels will still increase the amount of health you gain from certain foods, however i've read this doesn't happen all the time with the current version so be careful.

The xp gained from farming certain items has been modified greatly, as some offered too much xp for such an easy task.

Fishing will still allow players to pull items of mobs. Below is a list of what drops you can get at each level.

Level 25 - Leather Armor (10% Chance)
Level 40 - Wooden Tools & Weapons (10% Chance)
Level 75 - Stone Tools & Weapons (10% Chance)
Level 100 - Iron Weapons & Tools (10% Chance)
Level 150 - Iron Armor (10% Chance)
Level 200 - Ender Pearls (5% Chance), Diamond Weapon and tools (1% Chance), Diamonds x1 (1% Chance) , Iron Ingots x5 (1% Chance), Gold x2 Ingots (1% Chance).

All harvesting skills (except fishing) will level slower too, getting to level 200, will be like getting to a 1000.

Fishing will level slightly faster since it is a difficult skill to raise.

- Taming -

I know ocelots/wolves aren't used a lot on the server, however taming is limited to level 200. Getting to level 200, will be like getting to a 1000.

- Repair -

Repair will be limited to level 250, there have been some changes to when you can repair different armors and tools.

Level 0 - Leather, wood & bows.
Level 50 - Cobblestone
Level 100 - Gold
Level 150 - Iron
Level 250 - Diamond

When repairing enchanted weapons there is a good chance you will lose the enchantment, at higher level this chance will be reduced. At level 250, there is a 20% chance to keep the enchantment.

The higher your level, the more each repair will fix your item by.

Getting to level 250 repair, will be like geting to level 1000.

- Acrobatics -

Acrobatics is limited to level 200, it will be like leveling to a 1000 like the rest.

- Reason For Changes -

The reason that each skill has a small level limit is that past these levels the bonuses are too high, and new or low level players won't stand a chance. For example people will 500 axes, will be doing 1 hit 1 kills, this is too overpowered.

Although the levels are limited, there are still just as many rewards, I have made sure of this.

I have sent Manic Miner the config files now, so these will be implemented whenever he is ready.

*note* these changes may not be 100% accurate if the admins decide to modify the config files.

toughguyrm

Loyal Servant of Altera
personally, i liked that one plugin way back much more. I think Meganperk used it.
Basically, when your character profile got accepted, you would grant powers to that person that fits their role.
For example, if someone is an assassin, they could get the power of invisbility for so and so.
Wizards could teleport.
Knights got extra sword damage.
Stuff like that. It enhanced the RP by making everyone more unique.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Retired Staff
personally, i liked that one plugin way back much more. I think Meganperk used it.
Basically, when your character profile got accepted, you would grant powers to that person that fits their role.
For example, if someone is an assassin, they could get the power of invisbility for so and so.
Wizards could teleport.
We need this plugin! Or atleast something like it, I want my demon to be able to teleport and shoot fireballs at people!

S

Stevey

Wizards could teleport.
And how in the world would you suggest we manage this, keep it balanced, keep everyone happy and find the time to give everyone the abilities, and find all the appropriate abilities for all the random stuff people come up with?

toughguyrm

Loyal Servant of Altera
And how in the world would you suggest we manage this, keep it balanced, keep everyone happy and find the time to give everyone the abilities, and find all the appropriate abilities for all the random stuff people come up with?
It was going good back then. However, you guys cancelled it without deciding to see if it went smoothly or not.

S

Stevey

It was going good back then. However, you guys cancelled it without deciding to see if it went smoothly or not.
Nah it wasn't going good :p Aside from everything going out of balance (balancing things is more than a full time job, ask Blizzard) it's a big big administrative hog and just costs too much time. But the idea was nice, it was actually my idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.