Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Minecraft 1.3

Minecraft_King_

Lord of Altera
Well folks, 1.3 is just around the corner and will, presumably, be out within the coming weeks especially with Thursday's bug fixing orientated snapshot. So in this thread I will keep you posted on all of the new features added into what is surely one of the biggest and best updates of all time!

So here is the changelog - Excluding minor tweaks and fixes etc

Key - Blue = Additions
Green = Changes
Red = Fixes

• Added writeable books
  • Added book and quill
  • Changed book crafting recipe
  • Singlplayer now creates a LAN server
  • Added ability to chat in singleplayer for LAN servers - Unless you want to talk to yourself :eek:
  • Added Singleplayer commands
  • Added sideways logs
  • Added desert temples
  • Added jungle temples
  • Added villager trading
  • Added emerald ore, blocks and emeralds
  • Added sandstone NPC villages
  • Added ender chest
  • Added tripwire hooks and tripwires
  • Added stone brick type names and wood type names
  • Spawn eggs spawn baby mobs
  • Slabs can be placed upside down
  • Added bonus chests
  • Fixed boat mechanics - Turning is smoother etc
  • Dispensers can now spawn water and lava blocks from buckets
  • Dispensers can also spawn boats and minecarts
  • Different wooden slab types added
  • Added cocoa plants that grow on jungle trees
  • Changed coca bean texture
  • Added adventure mode
  • You now gain XP from mining and smelting anything
  • Max enchant level lowered to 30 (Need less bookshelves for max enchantment as a consequence)
  • Added large biomes worlds
  • Cookies now recover 2 health points rather than 1
  • Added sandstone stairs
  • Changed gravel texture
  • Stars are now more realistic
  • Empty buckets are stackable (up to 16)
  • Silk touch now applies for glass panes and ice blocks
  • Added a new type of golden apple (There are two types now, one crafted with gold blocks and the other is still the normal recipe)
  • Added silverfish blocks to cretive inventory - Stone bricks, smooth stone and cobblestone
  • Changed creative inventory
  • Shift clicking now works with furnaces, armor and brewing stands.
  • Translations updated
  • Changed rain mechanics - Rain will now slowly drip through leaves and will also fill up caulderons
  • Nether portals will, rarely, spawn zombie pigmen
  • Redstone lamps and other redstone materials now work on half slabs as well as doors
  • Levers can be placed underneath blocks
  • Pigs drop 1-3 pokchops rather than 0-2
  • Added potions and ender portal blocks to the creative inventory
  • Added different wooden stair types
  • Support for server side texture packs
  • Heaps of bug fixes
If I have missed anything please let me know. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Minecraft_King_ :D

Also...
DO NOT UPDATE TO 1.3!

Unless you have a backup or you can revert back to 1.2.5. You won't be able to enter the server if you have updated.

Bukkit (the server software) isn't updated when the new Minecraft comes out.

lovelorn

Loyal Servant of Altera
Well folks, 1.3 is just around the corner and will, presumably, be out within the coming weeks especially with Thursday's bug fixing orientated snapshot. So in this thread I will keep you posted on all of the new features added into what is surely one of the biggest and best updates of all time!

So here is the changelog -

• Heaps of bug fixes
If I have missed anything please let me know. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Minecraft_King_ :D

o god i hope they dont get smart and fix the light coming through stairs

Verahawk

Loyal Servant of Altera
Are there eventually new mobs comin
Red dragons are still on the planned features, as well as horses. Apparently in future updates we can expect new forms of wildlife too. This isn't confirmed (Horses were by jeb, red dragons by notch, but notch handed the project to jeb) Other recent additions to the dev team wanted more wildlife however.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Danie_D said:
Does that mean baby creepers? :eek: I don't know whether to be horrified or excited.
Was it really necessary to quote his entire bloody post? Save the virtual rain forests and don't do it again!

Matto225

The White Mage
Red dragons are still on the planned features, as well as horses. Apparently in future updates we can expect new forms of wildlife too. This isn't confirmed (Horses were by jeb, red dragons by notch, but notch handed the project to jeb) Other recent additions to the dev team wanted more wildlife however.
Horses?!?!? *Major fist-pumping* I've always wanted horses in HW :')

Edit: Just realised SW might become a whole load more dangerous...

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Horses... Best idea ever. 'Twould be nearly impossible to ride them through the SW, though... That's not neccessarily a bad thing.

When 1.3 comes out, I'm going to write a fake diary of a fake prisoner and 'accidentaly' leave it in a random cell in my dungeon.