Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Minecraft 1.8 Adventure Update

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff

Most of the basics of the game engine is in place, so it’s time to flesh this game out into something more gamey. More content, more exploration, more things to do, and interesting combat! Once this update is out, there will only some tweaks, optimizations and code cleanups left to the core game before we can call it a full release.
We’ve got a list of some 40+ things we want to add to the game, some small, some big. Some huge. We’ve finished a fair number of the items, but there’s still a significant amount of work left. While I can’t reveal the date yet for various reasons, we do have a release date for the Adventure Update in mind, and we’re hoping we’ll be able to hit it.
Jens and I are keeping the exact contents of the update secret, but we do leak some information every now and then to keep people interested and to stop us from going insane. For the most immediate spoilers, you can follow us on Twitter (@notch and @jeb_), or on Google+ (+Markus Persson and +Jens Bergensten).
Here are a few of the things we’ve revealed so far:
  • NPC villages
  • Randomly generated dungeons
  • New biome code
  • Fully working Creative Mode (and individual admins can enter Creative Mode on a Survival Mode server if they choose)
  • Critical hits
  • Sprinting
  • More farming options

D

Deleted member 61

this update is going to be great, adding a lot more features. To be honest I was getting bored of singleplayer

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Hmmmm yes this will be good. Singleplayer for me has devolved into messing with redstone and pistons. Though I am now extremely good with redstone and pistons.

Hoptoad

Legend of Altera
NPC villages?! Brilliant!

Also, I hope dungeons will be more... uh... dungeon-y? You know, a little more interesting than a square room with a chest or two and a mob spawner. I know the world is randomly generated but I don't think this is asking too much.

Airwalker

Villager
So the NPC-villages come from the mod millénaire, right?
and more farming options, will that be a part of the mod Better Than Wolves?

Steelcryo

King of the north!
The ideas are probably taken from those mods but I can guarentee they will be so much more expansive than the current versions and much much better coded.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
This looks great, although theres one thing im disappointed about not being in there, and i'm hoping comes out in 1.9...

Mudkips! :D

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
i was thinking dragons would be a nice mob maybe find an egg in a dungeon and hatch it through some series of events then when it hatches feed it porkchops (bacon) and when it grows as big as it can get it fights along side you and you can fly on it :D

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
they would be extremly rare though and die if not fed on a certain bases and be very very rare in the wild but if so theyed eat sheep (wild ones attack and are not tamable)