Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Inactive Morna - Ex-Bandit Leader

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Don't argue... Tell them what's going to go down... No arguing is needed :l
Morna Rhett is now and forever will be, Deceased.
The. End.

I am sorry Tybalt, I know you were just as attached to her as I was. But I told these people that I would not revive her and I will hold to my word no matter how much I want to bring her back. If you insist on continuing on talking about this I suggest taking it to a private convo so that we can speak more freely and we do not spam the thread...

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Morna Rhett is now and forever will be, Deceased.
The. End.

I am sorry Tybalt, I know you were just as attached to her as I was. But I told these people that I would not revive her and I will hold to my word no matter how much I want to bring her back. If you insist on continuing on talking about this I suggest taking it to a private convo so that we can speak more freely and we do not spam the thread...
It isn't spamming seeing as it is directly about Morna...and your holding onto your word that you were pressured into saying. And sure private convo...why not

Gaby

Lord of Altera

I changed her status in the followers from "deceased" to "member"...

I wanted Morna back. actually, when I heard you weren't going to revive her, I felt... empty.
like when Eyota died. I couldn't help but think there was so much left unsaid and undone.

and I don't think it's right to pressure someone to let their character stay dead. that just feels really, really sick. and from what I can gather, that's what happened.

so... @BrianAT16 do whatever feels right to you.

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30
I respect your decision to have your character die in child birth, I really hope you find another character as much, or even more enjoyable.

However, I sadly must state, if you did not want your character to be dead, why did you have her die of natural causes? That is usually when characters end, and pass the point of no return.

Raith

Lord of Altera
I respect your decision to have your character die in child birth, I really hope you find another character as much, or even more enjoyable.

However, I sadly must state, if you did not want your character to be dead, why did you have her die of natural causes? That is usually when characters end, and pass the point of no return.
well, I do believe there is the point of being too attached to the character to let go, something I have a problem with as well

Gaby

Lord of Altera

regret. that is my honest guess. I've seen this twice already. it's hard letting go of a character like this.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Well I'm just gonna.... Boy you better get a proper funeral.

Morna was the one of the first char I actually had mine care about, it's sad to see her go, she treated Fronslin like family and in return he tried to take care of her. I think It was a reason she turned good at first. I took her to the shrine of sallana when she was pregnant with her first child it was good RP. Once Goren died from the plague that changed a bit, but alas we had other RP too. She helped me heal up after a scuffle with a bandita (arrow wounds in my legs healed slowly)

I would say more but it would be more about me and less about her. In one way or another she was like a daughter to him.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera

Morna was the one of the first char I actually had mine care about, it's sad to see her go, she treated Fronslin like family and in return he tried to take care of her. I think It was a reason she turned good at first. I took her to the shrine of sallana when she was pregnant with her first child it was good RP. Once Goren died from the plague that changed a bit, but alas we had other RP too. She helped me heal up after a scuffle with a bandita (arrow wounds in my legs healed slowly)

I would say more but it would be more about me and less about her. In one way or another she was like a daughter to him.
I hated her so much I loved her ;-; her story Arch was amazing.... And it still has some left in it *is tempted to bring out Luke*

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend

I changed her status in the followers from "deceased" to "member"...

I wanted Morna back. actually, when I heard you weren't going to revive her, I felt... empty.
like when Eyota died. I couldn't help but think there was so much left unsaid and undone.

and I don't think it's right to pressure someone to let their character stay dead. that just feels really, really sick. and from what I can gather, that's what happened.

so... @BrianAT16 do whatever feels right to you.
I feel the same... I believe that in the end there is a lot that still could happen. Perhaps you are right-

When I first had Morna die I was completely ready to let her go for good. But once she was gone I had quite a few people come to me telling me they wanted me to bring her back. This is what made me want her back as well. I could see that maybe her story wasn't over yet... The way she died was tragic, but to be honest it was the very last
way I wanted her to die. But in the end I /was/ ready to let her go. But I am not so sure anymore.

well, I do believe there is the point of being too attached to the character to let go, something I have a problem with as well
This. I am very attached to Morna. Maybe a bit overly attached..?

Didn't Morna have a child with Jayden?
She did- Baurus

regret. that is my honest guess. I've seen this twice already. it's hard letting go of a character like this.
It really is... I do regret having her die the way she did but I wanted to play the birth legit so I let Jax choose her fate and he did... At the time I was ready to accept it but I am not so sure anymore...

This means a lot to me. When Morna and Frost started becoming friends I remember she was trying to corrupt him and make him like her. But quite the opposite happened. Frost was a major influence on Morna's developement. He was very much like a guardian angel in the beginning. And she slowly saw him as a father figure. The relationship between Morna and Frost was a rocky and chaotic one. But it was quite amazing to see how they both effected each other. :)

I hated her so much I loved her ;-; her story Arch was amazing.... And it still has some left in it *is tempted to bring out Luke*
I know you did... Not to sound vain but she was quite an amazing character and the first charater I /truly/ connected with. Now whether or not her story is over or not... I want to believe that there is still some left in her.

Now, I have decided what I am going to do.
I have decided to ignore what other people want me to do with my character and focus on what I want to do.
I have thought of all the pros and cons to bringing her back.
I have thought over her story. I have looked at it from every possible way.
And most importantly I have thought. "Does Morna really want to come back?"

After thinking this through I have decided that Morna Rhett will not be returning to Altera.

Morna's eyes slowly drifting over the landscape slowly resting on the spot on the wall, where he once stood. The stone broken, brittle, and cracked in the spot. Her eyes staring down at it, the hot desert sun beating down on her face. She is not sad, she is not angry. She does not feel anything but contempt. She knows that her time has come, her story over, her song finished. She is has embraced the coldness. She turns her gaze to the ocean feeling a cool breeze blow across her cheek, her hair moving back off her face. She thinks back on all the things she has done, the people she had killed, the people she had hurt, the people she had helped, and the people she had loved. She then turns her gaze to the ground where he had been laid to rest. Her eyes look tired, ready to finally rest and feel the peace she has longer for. She glances up back to his spot, a small bit of warmth entering her eyes. "..I love you too"

The hot desert sun beats down on the spot on the wall, where she once stood...

Last edited:

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I feel the same... I believe that in the end there is a lot that still could happen. Perhaps you are right-

When I first had Morna die I was completely ready to let her go for good. But once she was gone I had quite a few people come to me telling me they wanted me to bring her back. This is what made me want her back as well. I could see that maybe her story wasn't over yet... The way she died was tragic, but to be honest it was the very last
way I wanted her to die. But in the end I /was/ ready to let her go. But I am not so sure anymore.

She did- Baurus

It really is... I do regret having her die the way she did but I wanted to play the birth legit so I let Jax choose her fate and he did... At the time I was ready to accept it but I am not so sure anymore...

This means a lot to me. When Morna and Frost started becoming friends I remember she was trying to corrupt him and make him like her. But quite the opposite happened. Frost was a major influence on Morna's developement. He was very much like a guardian angel in the beginning. And she slowly saw him as a father figure. The relationship between Morna and Frost was a rocky and chaotic one. But it was quite amazing to see how they both effected each other. :)

I know you did... Not to sound vain but she was quite an amazing character and the first charater I /truly/ connected with. Now whether or not her story is over or not... I want to believe that there is still some left in her.

I have decided to ignore what other people want me to do with my character and focus on what I want to do.

After thinking this through I have decided that Morna Rhett will not be returning to Altera.

Morna's eyes slowly drifting over the landscape slowly resting on the spot on the wall, where he once stood. The stone broken, brittle, and cracked in the spot. Her eyes staring down at it, the hot desert sun beating down on her face. She is not sad, she is not angry. She does not feel anything but contempt. She knows that her time has come, her story over, her song finished. She is has embraced the coldness. She turns her gaze to the ocean feeling a cool breeze blow across her cheek, her hair moving back off her face. She thinks back on all the things she has done, the people she had killed, the people she had hurt, the people she had helped, and the people she had loved. She then turns her gaze to the ground where he had been laid to rest. Her eyes look tired, ready to finally rest and feel the peace she has longer for. She glances up back to his spot, a small bit of warmth entering her eyes. "..I love you too"

ACU20

Legend of Altera

She did- Baurus

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Consider getting a funeral sometime, I don't know the nature of her death but I sure would like to find out IC. For real though, I don't think I could accept her just disappearing (kind of like how someone else close did when they died IC) - I'll go on a mad hunt just to see if she can make it to my wedding and if I can find any clues I would be content.

In other words I would like to make it my ooc goal to find her body during this IC search to invite her to my wedding which now that I type it sounds incredibly meta but I probably won't make it far.

Last edited:

ACU20

Legend of Altera
Consider getting a funeral sometime, I don't know the nature of her death but I sure would like to find out IC. For real though, I don't think I could accept her just disappearing (kind of like how someone else close did when they died IC) - I'll go on a mad hunt just to see if she can make it to my wedding and if I can find any clues I would be content.

In other words I would like to make it my ooc goal to find her body during this IC search to invite her to my wedding which now that I type it sounds incredibly meta but I probably won't make it far.
Queen's Port is a lovely place during the summer~~

there.