Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

MorningAvocado's Application [Accepted - Cukie1]

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
MorningAvocado
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is acting on information you know that your character does not In Character. Using "Power" phrases, *He bashed his shield forward, flinging [Name's] sword away from them, into the grass*. This removes the other players choice of what would happen when the power-gamer thrusts his shield forward.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
223hero7 (223Hero7)
Cukie1 (Cukie1, Fjor_Wilkstrom)
Squidziod (Squidziod, DoolinDesperado)
Paint (ShadowAdmin, DougDimmmadome)
Niko (SirNicholas14)

8. Tell us about yourself!
I attend college, majoring in business. I enjoy things like movies and reading books, though more the former. I became interested in Minecraft around the time that ravines came out, and the first server I went on was a vanilla survival server. After I learned how to play survival minecraft it got boring, so I found servers that let you use creative. Then I heard about roleplay servers, and went to a couple of different themed ones.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I enjoy building things in minecraft, but have no screenshots saved.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
Raumschach

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Raumschach is thin for his age, but not for his time. He is short, standing only at 5'7. He has dirty blonde hair, and green eyes. His skin is pale but not white. He wears colorful clothes.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
Children are forced to grow up faster than nature would have intended too often. Nature is a wise woman and has written many contingencies into her book of life; for little children who have no fathers, usually people will want to help them. Every animal possesses a sort of universal appearance that makes even other animals want to take care of them, even cats and dogs will often look after the young of the other beast if need arise. Most people can trust even their most hungry dogs to be as gentle as they are around their children. Though sometimes this comes at a cost. Raumschach had a mother, though he had never known his father. Raumschach's mother was not a bad person, but neither was she a good one, and she fell into little convenient traps that no one could fault her for. Why not manipulate the young child's image of their father to your own interests, why not convince him that his father would like for him to be just how she wants him to be? There is no harm in it. To assuage her concerns of him ever leaving, why not undermine his opinions of the other little boys and girls, why not distance him from others, why not tell little white lies that for all you know might be true? Why allow him any privacy at all from dear mother, it would only be to keep him safe. In trying to keep her son forever, she drove him away. At any age below twelve, all you ever want to do is to please your mother, and to repay the life debt that you owe her - she has spent most of her life raising you, looking after you, and you're too young to notice her trying to smother your independance. At thirteen, perhaps you begin to believe she is miguided. At fourteen, and fifteen, and so on, you begin to realize the kind of person she really is. When you come of age, you have a choice between two paths. To let her kill you and all you have the potential to be, or to kill the spirit of mother, and bury her in your mind and abandon her physical self to pursue what you may become. Raumschach loved his mother dearly, but this love became tinged with resentment, as he looked around himself and found it too easy to blame all of his problems on her and how he was raised. And indeed, he would not be wholly wrong. Raumschach left his mother, to pursue his own life.

Current Setting of the Server:
As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Hey there, sorry for the late reply. I'll be looking this over

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
A few things to look over:
- I'd like you to expand on powergaming just a bit. You're on the right track, but we have a specific use for it here.
- The test is beautifully written, though I have a few small concerns which may be reading between the lines too much. I'll get back to you on the verdict.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
After discussion with staff and mentors, I'm going to have to ask you to remove any hints of incest from the test. The Oedipus complex will have to be removed as it falls under the section of innapropriate role play.

A few things to look over:
- I'd like you to expand on powergaming just a bit. You're on the right track, but we have a specific use for it here.
I have edited a different definition into my application.

After discussion with staff and mentors, I'm going to have to ask you to remove any hints of incest from the test. The Oedipus complex will have to be removed as it falls under the section of innapropriate role play.
Incest was not my intention. The Oedipal Complex only extremely rarely devolves into incest, that is its most extreme case, and the one popularized in myth. But, I will edit it out.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guideonce you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.