Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mount and Blade (Warband)

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Sorry about the necro, but I actually decided to get this game, is it just me or is swadian cavalry simply op..?

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
Depends really on their tactics and your tactics. Generally, when those knights come, I ride around in circles with my Khergit Cavalry and shoot their horses down... then, when they're down, I slaughter them with my big war-cleaver...but if you are pitting a bunch of foot soldiers against them, it's not that great.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Alright, because I am going only nord ( Kind of rping ). I suppose il have trouble against swadia huh?

Bean/Benijim

Loyal Servant of Altera
The best defence against Swadian Cavalry is the Kingdom of Rhodoks, simply because the whole Rhodok empires troops are anti-cavalry. The Rhodok sergeants with their big cleavers take down horse troops in one sweep, then send in the spear men to finish 'em off!

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Ive done some thinking, if I have say 50 huscarls vs 50 knights. Then i lead my huscarls ASAP on top of a hill. That should slow down the charge and leave the knights in a huscarl nightmare no?

Because i assume huscarls own knights in 1v1 skirmish where no movement is involved?

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Vaegir cavalry is rather crazy as well. I used to have a high level Vaegir with tons of vaegir knights or whatever they're called. Then I lost the save somehow, so now I'm running around as a high level Nord with a around 70 huscarls...

Huscarls are beasts when you're sieging a castle...

Ive done some thinking, if I have say 50 huscarls vs 50 knights. Then i lead my huscarls ASAP on top of a hill. That should slow down the charge and leave the knights in a huscarl nightmare no?

Because i assume huscarls own knights in 1v1 skirmish where no movement is involved?
Yeah, that'll work.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Nope, im going for a nord male archer/two hander. I will make 1/3 of my army archers and the rest heavy infantry.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Nope. I didn't want to get it because it's only multiplayer. I don't really like the multiplayer side of Mount & Blade that much, as I suck at it :p

Bean/Benijim

Loyal Servant of Altera
Oooh, its so much better then Warband native! There are platoons and regiments and everything! Even events and organised battles! Even i'm in a regiment!

frank frappuccino

Lord of Altera
Floris mod pack erhmergherd my brain imploded when I played that the first time... So... Many... Troops... *Rocks back and forth in a foetal position sucking his thumb*

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Swadian Cav in a beautiful flanking attack on a Nordic line, soon joined by crossbows of sharpshooters and seconds after by the infantry units...​
Priceless.​
For other things in life, use Master Card....

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
Oh. My. God. I got this game yesterday, and I have only has..1-3 hours sleep because I have been on it nonstop. I suck at it quite a bit, though, however I managed to get married to one of the Nord women >:D And I was.. a vassal of the Nords, then I ran out of money.. then.. chaos.