Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

My Little Pony

Do you like the show My Little Pony?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • No.

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • What's a My Little Pony?

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
Has anyone else got the documentary on bronies that John de Lancie?
It arrived for me the day before yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

skuller

Lord of Altera
I personally don't understand what is so liked about it. It is just a little girls show and a lot of people get excited over it. I personally don't like it because I don't think the story is even good. It is just a cartoon in my mind. But I understand their is a big following of it so respect the people enough not to judge them as weird.

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Its difficult to explain, frankly when I first watched the show I just found it really funny, Its the community thats incredible. The fan made music and so on, the meet ups etc.
Hell I have 4 massive meet ups over the next few months, MCM expo meet up, Season 4 launch party which we've rented out a full london pub for, Xmas meet cinema trip to see the hobbit and then frankie and bennys (who know us pretty well) have a whole section of the restruant saved for us 70+ seats. Then in january theres yet another massive party which people have rented out a really cool venue in london for as well.

As for fan made music Im currently addicted to this song.

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Necro! as this threads become relevant again.

How's season 4 treating you guys? Watched the premiere in a rented out London pub with like 130 people the atmosphere was incredible. The karaoke not so much.
Personally I'm liking the new season so far but it clearly needs more RD.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Necro! as this threads become relevant again.

How's season 4 treating you guys? Watched the premiere in a rented out London pub with like 130 people the atmosphere was incredible. The karaoke not so much.
Personally I'm liking the new season so far but it clearly needs more RD.
I'm having a blast with the new season, but feel that Sombra (sp?) was kind of left hanging...

... But check this out:

I also have a Zecora plushy that a friend of mine made and another mug (both of which I'll eventually get around to taking pictures of).

....not that I watch this show or anything.

.... And Twilight is clearly best pony. She'd be an engineer, if ponies were engineers. Clearly.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
And, I know this is waaaay behind the original conversation, but I've been kinda thinking about it... and while I cannot condone the way that some (not all) Bronies have hijacked the fandom such that little girls can no longer safely google the show without some serious parental controls, I also cannot accept the "it's a kid's show" part of it. Yeah, it's a cartoon, and yeah, it's aimed at kids. First off, who cares?

Second, stories are how we've taught our children for millenia. They're how we introduce our kids to adult themes and topics. But historically speaking, these stories are designed such that they are palatable for adults. It's only in recent history that we've started to dumb down the stories so that children are their primary audience. But a funny thing is happening. This now-traditionally child-oriented genre is starting to ... become more subtle. There are richer story lines being used, and more complex characters. They're being deliberately crafted so that children can understand them, but also so that parents can enjoy them as well. Because despite what people are saying about parenting these days, parents are becoming (in general) more hands-on. Call it helicopter parenting if you will, but this is a result.

And not everything has to be for everyone, either. Some people don't like Harry Potter, or Game of Thrones, or MINECRAFT (I know, blasphemy), or cake, or any number of things. And I am so so glad that it seems like no one here judges anyone else for either liking or not liking something.

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
But turning Fluttershy into a monster is hilarious =L
And damn that's cool.