Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

~Nakam Clarification~

Hello...

• Uhm...Hi?

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • ...What?

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Why are you talking to me?

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Please remove your knife from my kidney, good sir, I am enjoying my meal.

Votes: 21 72.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
~Nakam "Tattoos"~
"So, most every other race is known to occasionally stain their skin permanently with ink, leaving a mark or picture on said skin. Do the Nakam have anything similar?"
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: All Nakam, even tribals, are known to use natural dyes to stain sections of their fur. While Native Nakam fur staining is usually held back to simple patterns of armbands or dyed ear tips, Verbali Nakam (specifically the financially rich) are known to have elegant patterns of staining gently placed along their fur.
However, this is not completely like a tattoo, as the dye does grow dull, and eventually fades away.
Because of the usually expensive nature of using the Verbali's lapis and gold for such dyes, such "tattoos", Let's call them "Stains", are usually reserved for special occasions; such as a twentieth birthday (As entering Dajakal is seen as the day a Nakam is "grown up")
Lapis blue and metallic gold are two of the most popular staining colors due to their shimmering effect in sunlight. However, they are normally monstrously expensive, as previously stated.
Before you go about making a blue and gold Nakam, know that such stains are considered beautiful because of their patterns and elegance. To see a Nakam with a completely blue/red/purple/yellow/gold/green arm or belly is usually a sign that they messed something up, or just fell into a vat of dye.
And, unless a Nakam is a stain artist by trade, any and all stains Nakam have while away from home usually fade away; due to the lack of touch-ups.

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
I love it Valcust, its detailed, well thought out. These are not shallow characters to roleplay thats for sure. I didn't know so much could be written about a race, I'm glad to understand them much better now. I now swear not to call your people kittens.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
With the Desert thing, I have been approached a few times by people wondering why Nakam are snowy-cats, and even told that its wrong, because "I looked into cat anatomy, and they descended from Egypt, they should like hot places better then cold places and this is wrong".

I usually explain that Nakam is not an "Every cat in the world, slash human", that Nakam is a "Snowy, thick-furred cat, slash human".
We are not all the kitties, we are one smallish race of kitties meant for extremely cold situations.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Right, the specific feline which Nakam have descended from originated in a cold environment, thus leading us to evolve and become more adapted to such an environment.
Not to mention that the cats that have decended from desert areas are either short-haired or bald.
Nakam tend to be well insulated, as I've stated in the clothing section :3

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
May I request a bit on Nakam eye colour? I recently read a thread of someone being rather upset over the bright red, purple, blue, and lime green eye colours he/she was seeing, calling it unnatural.

What is the "natural" eye colours for Nakam?

Valcust

Lord of Altera
~Update: What do we look like? Eyes!~
Nakam eyes are said to be very simmilar to those of any feline, though they retain the spark of intelligence.
Natural eye colors of Nakam can range from browns, to blues, to greens, and even some slight oranges.
This does not, however, take away from the Nakam's "fire eyes" or "ghost eyes" Nakam are said to have in most Teshvadiik superstitions.
This is most likely a dramatized way of looking at the seemingly unnatural way a Nakam's eyes can "glow" in low-light situations.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
~Verbali Weaponry~
As previously stated, the Verbali guards have at their disposal weaponry that rivals that of any military.
The crown jewel of such a military would be the Verbali modular crossbow, which consists of the stock, grip/trigger mechanism, and bow.
While stocks and grips are used for personalisation and fit of the guard in question, there are three subtypes of bow sections, each of which has their own advantages.
The CQB bow is made for, of course, close quarters, and is built on a small bow with enough torque to fire a small bolt thirty meters or so with enough power to kill.
Then Next, standard bow is slightly larger, but also focused on a streamlined design to ensure that any guard could move about small areas without being inhibited by any wide bow wings. This bow can reach up to an estimated ninety five meters.
Both the CQB and standard bow sections of the modular crossbow use a top mounted pulley system, to easily re-cock the string and prepare another bolt.
This also allows for the mounting of (literal) iron sights.
The third, and final bow section, however, uses the standard "use your brute force to pull the thing back".
This is the long range bow, which can reach out three feet in either direction, and is able to reach two hundred meters with killing force.

The trigger mech/grip section all have a single thing in common, the lower forward facing part of the weapon, which is mostly held by the non-dominant hand to stabilize the weapon is curved to a near half-circle, and plated in iron. This allows for a pocket to catch blades within during CQC.

*putting out a concept picture request, I offer a few thousand rads for such a picture :3

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Really well thought up. After reading this, I think the pirapple is going to find a newfound respect for you ca-nakam.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
~Nakam Burials~
Any and all life inevitably comes to an end.
As stated before, Nakam believe that all spirits from this realm of existence go off into the afterlife, controling both the kind and cruel happenings of their world.
However, the physical remains are handled in a different respect.
To bury a Nakam is seen as sacrilege, it prolongs their journy to be accepted back into nature, and is seen as a form of torture to the soul.
Most Nakam remains are cremated, and their ashes spread amongst their home village, or a particular place the fallen Nakam may have favored.
Though grief is seen in Nakam burials, death is not taken as a purely negative happening.
Instead, it is a movement from one existence to another, and is met with bittersweet emotions of joy and sorrow.
Most often a Nakam who has lost their mate will not seek out another, as they believe their spirits to be bonded.

Should the proper wares to cremate a body not be readily available, leaving a body exposed to the elements is seen as the next best choice, as it is still absorbed by nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.