Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

~Nakam Clarification~

Hello...

• Uhm...Hi?

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • ...What?

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Why are you talking to me?

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Please remove your knife from my kidney, good sir, I am enjoying my meal.

Votes: 21 72.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
~Nakam Social Life~
Now, as I've stated on multiple occasions, Nakam tend to have a thought process of equality, that is to say that they have no "god", no "ruler", and generally no sense that anyone is any better or worse then they are themselves. Of course, the town drunk is not to be held in the highest regards, but he's still a person, as is any king or queen of any lands Nakam should visit. In fact, some instances are known to've occurred when Nakam were nearly beheaded for attempting to shake the king's hand, rather than bow.
As for eachother, unlike their hermit-like ocelot counterparts, Nakam tend to be awfully social creatures, often having their own little "click" of friends amongst their tribe or city.
It's not uncommon to see Nakam travel in packs, drinking together, singing together, generally socializing.
Though a mate still holds importance above friends, most often a Nakam's mate has been their friend for many years beforehand.
Just as with selecting a mate, Nakam generally do not distinguish gender amongst friends. Males and females get along equally as well as with same gender social groups.
However, Nakam are also capable of hatred and gossip, which can also lead to the shunning of or general dislike of other Nakam.
Many who find each other in far off lands are known to flock together, if only to bring about some sense of belonging in an unfamiliar land.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Finish Prequel? Is that even possible? I'm still in april 2011..
Oh well I'll check them out as long as they have cat-burns. :D
I finished it in under six hours of reading.. it's not too long, actually ._.
Lackadaisy's amazing and long, and possibly my most favorite of the three :3
twokinds is good too, but mostly for it's mushy-lovey stuff >.>

Machy234

Lord of Altera
I finished it in under six hours of reading.. it's not too long, actually ._.
Lackadaisy's amazing and long, and possibly my most favorite of the three :3
twokinds is good too, but mostly for it's mushy-lovey stuff >.>
When did you finish it, cause you do realise they add more every day so I have more to read than you.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
cat_FACEPALM_RE_Things_You_Should_Know_About_Marijuana-s372x295-217856-580.jpeg
They don't add posts every day, just every so often :p
I finished it..two days ago? something like that.
And no, things don't catch fire because we don't use magic :l
We just happen to have a natural affinity towards magic, but despise using it.
Nakam are magic hating magical beings >.>
... Contradictions! ~Yaaay!

Machy234

Lord of Altera
View attachment 12172
They don't add posts every day, just every so often :p
I finished it..two days ago? something like that.
And no, things don't catch fire because we don't use magic :l
We just happen to have a natural affinity towards magic, but despise using it.
Nakam are magic hating magical beings >.>
... Contradictions! ~Yaaay!
Katia doesn't use magic either, she doesn't have a beard. :p And besides I think it's fate that things catch fire, a hilarious kind of fate.

So you're certain nothing cat-astrophic will happen when someone makes a feline joke/pun?

Machy234

Lord of Altera
Well saying that, I've never had any alcohole before, so my first taste might go very badly. Valcust you said you had a really strong Nakat ale? I wish to try some, also I request a pineapple and a yo-yo. :D

Valcust

Lord of Altera
~Deserts: No.~
As of late, another question's been buzzing around in my head: "What should a Nakam feel like in different climates?"
Well, we already know that the Nakam come from a very cold climate, something only reachable within a tundra here in the land of Altera.
But, if a Nakam is to find them self in, say, a desert, they're not likely to be enjoying it much.
Imagine having a padded sweater that's attached to your skin, that you can never take off.
Now imagine wearing that sweater into an area which is most likely ninety degrees in the shade.
Needless to say, the Nakam usually stay away from dry and hot places in favor of cooler climates.
However, some Nakam are known to settle in Desert areas, so long as their home is cooled by some source of ice or snow, and if there is a supply readily available.
Heatstroke and death are two very real possibilities in the desert, even for a furless human. There is no exception to this rule with the Nakam, if anything, the likely hood of either death or heatstroke is elevated.
Humidity is also a worry, such as in jungle-like areas, though it's not nearly as horrid enviornment for Nakam as deserts are.
Bottom line: Snow good, deserts bad. Very bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.