Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Naming New Beverages for the Merry Mead

dracoboy2

Lord of Altera
Town: Stormholdian brew...
A good reason for this is that I'm pretty sure we are the only town with a RP brewery. :p

thatguy090

Lord of Altera
Agreed. I was going to say that if Riddleport does get chosen we will build a brewery to keep it lore-consistent
For the longest time I always wondered how everyone got their rp beer... I mean the volume consumed daily outweighs the amount of breweries (which is close to like 3...) props to making more :D

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
For the longest time I always wondered how everyone got their rp beer... I mean the volume consumed daily outweighs the amount of breweries (which is close to like 3...) props to making more :D
There needs to be at least one brewery per dwarf...

Moochick

The Very Best, That No One Ever Was
The town names will be decided randomly by you posting a town here
We don't require an rp reason and it won't help with being chosen for anyone who feels discouraged if they don't have a good reason to have a drink.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
We don't require an rp reason and it won't help with being chosen for anyone who feels discouraged if they don't have a good reason to have a drink.
Oh of course, I understand. I was simply saying it if my city was chosen, then I would build a brewery to support it. :D

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Hmm.
Aeroch Nor

Erm...
It's a Mountain town..
Made of Stone...
With a Massive Airship called the Stormbringer...

Possibly combine some of those factors?
I suck with names xD

Moochick

The Very Best, That No One Ever Was
About four more hours until I choose, any last minute entries? :D

Edit: Reminder, only 1 town entry per person but other drinks can take infinite entires!

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Spud's Harvest Spiced Ale - this is a darker ale that uses fermented potatoes along with barley and wheat. A mixture of other spices gives this ale a unique flavor suited for warm days, but not full summer climate. The potato gives it a heaviness that generally fills a person up before they can get too inebriated.

Red Summer Pale Ale - a very light ale, with a crisp taste infused with a hint of watermelon and cherry over a clean pale ale. This drink is a refreshing beverage for hot summer days. The ale takes on a slightly red tone from the cherry and watermelon juice, and is often a favorite among those with a sweet palate.

Underdark Lager - A very dark, heavy lager (a Dunkel), that brings the flavor of the caves of the Greylings while bringing the tradition of brewing from all across Altera. This dark lager uses a variety of roots in the caves to give it it's malty flavor, with a hint of subterranean blackberry to give it a sweet and sour undertone.

Now, for something other than beer:

Dark Roast - from the southern jungles comes a coffee-based schnapps, with a strong flavor and richness. This coffee flavored beverage can be ingested on it's own, though traditionally this spirit is mixed with milk to give the stong coffee flavor a creamy balance.

Double Helix - Not for the faint of heart or stomach! The Double Helix is a strong spirit (sitting at 140 proof, if such a method of testing were able to be measured), and is distilled from a collection of flowers and other plants. The spirit contains both a green and red liquid that never seem to mix, despite how vigorously the bottle is shaken - and is also where the name comes from. It is rumored the Double Helix, in addition to it's high alcohol content, also contains a mild hallucinogenic. This spirit is also very expensive, so is generally only consumed by the members of high society.

The Mustached Gentleman - (or simply known as the "Gentleman" for short) is a whiskey made from fermented wheat and rice. It is very light, and near-tasteless. It is generally mixed with fruit juices, or milk, but can also be imbibed on it's own. Despite the name, the drink is very cheap to make and thus is generally seen as a commonplace spirit. Commoners, on the other hand, generally view this drink as a "classy" drink option mostly due to the name alone.