Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] I'm building us a planet

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Updated Capitals Map:
Nation States Capitals Overlay copy.jpg
Change Log:
> Removed Mt Harulth.
> Suggested location for Athonis changed.
> Yauco confirmed.
> Kyandall confirmed.
> Half-Life 3 confirmed.

Observant observers will notice that I've also gone ahead and edited the borders, as I said I was considering doing. These new borders are not confirmed, but I wanted to give everyone a more visual idea of what I had in mind. I still have files of the old map, so there's no issue in changing the borders back to how they were. Let me know what your opinions of the changes are!

@CthulhuPeople

You can see the changes by comparing these Before and After Maps:
Nation States Borders Overlay.jpg Nation States Borders Overlay copy.jpg
Change Log:
> Morgnatha/Ellathyr border adjusted to give Kyandall some breathing room. 3 hexes removed from Morgnatha; 4 hexes added to Ellathyr. @BrianAT16
> Northernmost continental territory split in Half into two new territories (blue and red).
> Natrizima/northwest territory (blue) border adjusted to follow the hills line. 1 hex removed from Natrizima; 1 hex added to northwest territory (blue).
> Legisa's eastern borders adjusted to balance land claims for the northern territory's creation. 12 hexes removed from Legisa; 6 hexes added to central territory (yellow); 6 hexes added to northwest territory (blue). @LightTwig
> Central territory (yellow)/northwest territory (blue) border adjusted to better account for terrain. 13 hexes removed from central territory (yellow); 13 hexes added to northwest territory (blue).
> Northeast territory (red) sea claims adjusted to create shipping lane, largely to Natrizima's benefit. 2 hexes removed from northeast territory (red).
> Two city sites suggested in northeast territory (red).
> One city site suggested in northwest territory (blue).
> Two new city sites suggested in Dojmiri, including suggested capital location.
> One new city site suggested in western Volopia.
> City suggestions removed in central territory (yellow) in preparation of Upresh's potential move to said territory and nomadic Life.

Last edited:

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
So who is up in the north with me now? It used to be me and Senturia, but now it looks like its Legisa, Upresh, and some third nation.

Edit: Just read the previous posts. I'm totally fine with all the changes, but still curious as to who my new neighbours are.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
I was fairly sure the council building was off the coast of Mechanica Rationalis in the same style as the UN building is off of America. I thought I'd read this somewhere, anybody else remember this?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
As much as I'd like that, the location of the building has always been rather nebulous. It's in a large city hosting several embassies, but isn't on the map itself as of yet.

If we're going to settle where it is, we have to establish criteria like the IRL one has:

- Host not ideologically radical
- Host developed enough for first-world level cities & infrastructure
- Host politically neutral to prevent conflict of interest
- Host is majority accepted

That kicks nations like Corvermell, God Send, and the entire Arcturix Commonwealth out of the running. Variously too primitive, too radical, and not politically neutral.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
As much as I'd like that, the location of the building has always been rather nebulous. It's in a large city hosting several embassies, but isn't on the map itself as of yet.

If we're going to settle where it is, we have to establish criteria like the IRL one has:

- Host not ideologically radical
- Host developed enough for first-world level cities & infrastructure
- Host politically neutral to prevent conflict of interest
- Host is majority accepted

That kicks nations like Corvermell, God Send, and the entire Arcturix Commonwealth out of the running. Variously too primitive, too radical, and not politically neutral.
That also kicks Mechanica, because if it was in Mechanica, the Commonwealth Union of Protectorates (C.U.P), (not the ''arcturix'' commonwealth) would not show up in almost it's entirety.

I'd suggest Sincronia.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
So who is up in the north with me now?
In short, we don't really know.

The territory that used to be Senturia will be split into two new territories that will be filled by new nations as they come along. Roxilia, for example, appears interesting in joining the RP, so Roxilia will more than likely fill one of those two new territories up north.

@CthulhuPeople
With Legisa's agreement to the new changes, I feel fairly confident in making the changes canon. I'll wait until Friday to make them official to give time for Upresh to give its two cents worth, but after reviewing Upresh's forum thread, I don't see any need for a rewrite on anything; in fact, the news story makes better sense in Upresh's new location.

@Patroklos Alexander
Start considering which territory you'd like to claim up north, blue or red! Legisa is the purple to the west, Cyclophoa is the black to the north, Natrizima is the orange to the east, and Upresh will be the yellow to the south, to give you an idea of who your neighbors might be.

I'd suggest Sincronia.
Sincronia's fine by me.
I would agree for it to be in Sincronia.
amazed.gif
Sincronia would be honored to host the council!

As for a more specific location, as in which city within Sincronia, would people prefer a large, commercial city, such as those along the Serpentine Strait, or a smaller, easily defendable city, such as the capital, Aeterna?

We could put it in space for the lols.
Corvermell can into space? I'd love to see that reaction!

Last edited:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Space is out of the question. None of the reps are astronauts and it's prohibitively expensive to stage launches. The elevator will fix that but that's Mechanica tech, which the Arcturix Care Bears might not like.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Sincronia would be honored to host the council!

As for a more specific location, as in which city within Sincronia, would people prefer a large, commercial city, such as those along the Serpentine Strait, or a smaller, easily defendable city, such as the capital, Aeterna?
IMO an easily accessible, probably coastline city, one that's perhaps less... ''countryside-y''? xD

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
As for a more specific location, as in which city within Sincronia, would people prefer a large, commercial city, such as those along the Serpentine Strait, or a smaller, easily defendable city, such as the capital, Aeterna
Whichever one has the most jungle.