Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] Location, Location, Location

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
If you lose Religiousness/Cutlure/Defense points, yes, you must theoretically lose territory to compensate.

However, I do not believe this will be a common occurrence. Typically, it is difficult to lose Defense and Culture points that you have already gained. It is possible to lose Religiousness, but it is also entirely possible that by the time you lose points in Religiousness, your Defense and Culture points will rise high enough to compensate for the loss.

Also, I don't intend to implement a strict "if you lose points, you lose the territory" sort of policy. Instead, I encourage nations that face this situation to RP a civil war, civil unrest, or some other destabilizing RP scenario.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
ok lets see what i got so far....

religiousness: 19
defense forces: 27
culture: 0

.... well bollocks. uh.

well, I'm already roleplaying a destabilization in Sammaru, so this changes nothing.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
I'd like to claim the territory outlined in black.

C: 10 D: 30 R: -22
territority.jpg

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
This was my levels last time:
Culture: 0
Defence Forces: 32
Relegiousness: -9

These are my levels now:
Culture: 8
Defence Force: 53
Religiousness: 3

This equates to three claims as claims stack

Territorial Map.jpg
@Lord_Sinclair

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
...actually, it's five claims total.

8 Culture = 0 Claims
53 Defense Forces = 5 Claims
3 Religiousness = 0 Claims

0+5+0 = 5 Total Claims

5 Total Claims +1 Starting Territory = 6 Total Territories

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
It says claims stack?
So if I have 30 DF in week one and claim 3 territories and then the next week have 40 DF I will only be able to claim 1 territory in week 2 as I have already claimed 3 territories in week 1?
Yup. Your /total/ amount of territories can augment with your Defence Forces.

To make it very clearly;
Military points you had already used to claim provinces can't be used again to claim new provinces. Capiche? : )
I'll try to reword it, somehow, in the opening posts, but the key word in all of this is total. Total points for total claims from all weeks.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Hi I'm new! How do I join? :D
If you mean join the new region and all, the new region is at http://www.nationstates.net/region=altera with the password Misty Mountains, same as the old one.

Join the fun!
Basically, just make a new nation at http://www.nationstates.net/ and move it into our region (above link and password) to join in!

Once you've got a nation set up, I'd advise coming up with a basic idea of what lore you want for your nation. The direction you want to take with your lore should help with figuring out where to place your nation on the map.

You can use the following guidelines for assisting in choosing a starting spot:
Quick synopsis of the continents:
> Far west continent is largely hispanic/new-world
> Far east continent is largely asian
> Central northern continent is largely European
> Other continents are... well, I'm not really sure, honestly
Once you've decided on a spot you'd like:
How to Make a Claim:
You may make a claim at any time by posting a map highlighting the territory you want (paint skillz). However, if there is a dispute between players for that territory or a territory considered too close for comfort, then the priority order will be used to decide who's claim is upheld.

When you make your claim, please also include a dot or something to mark the location of your nation's capital. I'd like to go ahead and figure out where the capitals are right off the bat rather than have to go back and ask people where they are later on; we never did end up receiving the locations of all the capitals for the old map, despite the weeks that map was being setup over.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

LightTwig

Lord of Altera

Over there on the far right, the capital of Duckslana is on that little peninsula.
As a word of advice, since you're on the "Asia" continent I recommend that you look to real or historical Asian countries for inspiration. For instance, Kogata is based off of modern Japan, Sammaru draws from a slew of East Asian cultures, Chavata is China I think, etc.