Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Nationstates] Mapmaking

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Also, I might as well add that you can adjust the water and ice levels of the map. What that means is that it's possible to simulate what our Altera would have looked like during an ice age.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
image.jpg

Map of Asia update. These are my current layers. As you can see, I'm redoing my old sketch from scratch (ugly), I made a textured ground for all my lines, and I got all the coastlines and rivers sketched out so far.

In the wake of certain events (re: rise of Jungdu, Centurius bye-bye, Orpilia claiming new land), I've decided to not even bother with borders at all for now, and I'm focusing on the natural landmarks.

I'm insane and thus am researching geography intensely,
Because the default map gives little explanation of the natural biomes and I have an extreme craving to expand and elaborate. Get ready

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Also heres what map looks like

Heres completed ground and waterborder lines.
image.jpg
I think its pretty, and yes this was my attempt to be vaguely topographical (so hard to do tho)

This is the original map of asia im blatantly tracing from, as well as my old sketch (which Im keeping as a reference)
image.jpg image.jpg

And this is me sketching out the locations of the hills, trees, mountains, etc. based on the original map, again, as reference:

image.jpg

@Lord_Sinclair something's been bothering me:
Theres a weird triangle in north Saeguerra territory its like the mountain-hill-tree icons but its just a triangle, WHAT is that???????
Edit: this thing (I drew a bad representation cause the zoom in was too blurry)
image.jpg

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I believe that little tuft of grass, as I refer to it, represents swampland.
Its not pointing th right way for a grass tuft tho.

And that is the smallest swampland in existence...
And apparently the only swamps on the planet cause i havent seen that symbol anywhere else

RexJen

Lord of Altera
Name of Nation:
Mosouria
Scope of Map:

Just the nation
Any Interesting Stats?
213 million Mosourians - definitely more than can fit in one city
Any Interesting Lore?

Mosouria would have a massive fish farm in the bay to the right of the bay the capital is in, it would use multiple species
Any Points of Interest to Locate?
The temple of the ouroboros (rumoured to be the resting place of the ouroboros) placed on a small island within mosouria.
The forest next to the capital, basically a nature reserve/ park /testing ground for soldiers (using biodegradable paint paintguns)
several towns scattered throughout the islands and bay, with maybe one or two further inland
a prototype floating town made from buoyant plant matter
Capital Placement: (note: this is WITHIN it's current hex. I'm not moving it outside the hex Sinclair placed it in)
next to the ocean, it is a port city, it would expand throughout the claim it is in except for the forests
What kind of map would you want? hand-drawn style
Claims bb.jpg

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Name of Nation: Tarcheya
Scope of Map: Tarcheya.
Any Interesting Stats? Very high enviromental stats.
Any Interesting Lore? The river Maritte is very wide. Ships travel up it.
Any Points of Interest to Locate? The city of Reinbau-on-Maritte is about halfway down the river and is home to a large naval base and two canal locks.
Capital Placement: On the coast. It's big, home to at least forty million people.
What kind of map would you want? Hand drawn, like your map of Asia.

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
If you're doing Rondileau and Tarcheya both, you should include Arhemia and do that entire half of the continent in one map.