Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] Ships Spotted

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Wait what is this map you are showing? Is it a noble map?
this is a roleplaying map related to the game Nationstates, as you can see in the thread title. It's not really related to Hollowworld Minecraft Altera as per say, sorry for any misunderstandings. XD

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Short soundwaves or not, Aranudar has shockwave detection systems for the exact purpose of knowing when stuff's being blown up nearby.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Just now a massive explosion would be heard all over corvermell, the waves hitting shore would me much bigger today then usual today.
If this explosion does create abnormal wave activity, tsunami detectors (pretty cheap; most nations would probably have access to them) would be set off and alert most nations around the sea. I don't think detection of the explosion would be difficult at all, with or without shock waves.

I am, of course, assuming that Kyle is referring to water waves as opposed to sound waves; that's how I interpreted it, at least.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Short soundwaves or not, Aranudar has shockwave detection systems for the exact purpose of knowing when stuff's being blown up nearby.
Yes, a $5 seismometer is pretty handy.

A sufficiently large explosion will show up on every seismometer above a certain sensitivity in the world - with enough seismometers over a large enough area it'd be possible to tell where the bomb went off to within a few kilometers.

Of course, you could also tell by asking who dun it, or with satellite observation.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
If this explosion does create abnormal wave activity, tsunami detectors (pretty cheap; most nations would probably have access to them) would be set off and alert most nations around the sea. I don't think detection of the explosion would be difficult at all, with or without shock waves.

I am, of course, assuming that Kyle is referring to water waves as opposed to sound waves; that's how I interpreted it, at least.
yep, water indeedly.