Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

NationStates - The Solar System

Deathmoron

Lord of Altera
The Roaches of Curacha are also in the middle of a space program. A mission called "Infestation" to go in accordance to their name.

RexJen

Lord of Altera
Carausmia has a working space program, but I guess since I am banned this doesn't apply to me yet (#feelingleftout)

The Courier

Lord of Altera
God Send is busy making the skies of Altera their homeland. A small space station is following the earth, many satellites for in case of weather patterns. [I'm a floating city after all]

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
Natrizima is virulently working on extrasolar flight and already has a space station in orbit however it is quite small and is only used for defence against Space Weaponry.
The current space station is known as the Natrizima Space Station

Last edited:

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Ellathyr has a successful space faring program and has begun work on its own space station :3

RexJen

Lord of Altera
Fifth Planet: Atmos
Planetary Climate: Is a gas giant
Moon Count: 16
Moon Names: (cant be bothered with that many names)

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Weird that so many non-science focused nations have space stations. The only space stations ever made IRL were made by global superpowers or international collaboration.

rjamesking

Lord of Altera
I made my station because I wanted a Navy, because I thought Zwerg was land locked.
now I have a space Navy.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Weird that so many non-science focused nations have space stations. The only space stations ever made IRL were made by global superpowers or international collaboration.
Been pouring billions into a space program, cloned people/non-existent animals and tech is huge.
Science nation.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Though I generally dislike limiting RP, perhaps we should consider instituting a rule regarding scientific advancement levels to ensure that all nations venturing into space would actually have the means to do so?

Obviously, if you get an issue saying "we haz SPACE", there's no stopping you from starting a space program. However, just because you have a space program, that doesn't mean you should necessarily have a space station of your own and every satellite known to man. As Baron has said, only major superpowers have historically possessed the means to build space stations.

My proposal is that a nation must have a Scientific Advancement level equal to or greater than double the world average in Scientific Advancement.

Currently, the world average is 62, so the minimum level required to build a space station, under this proposal, would become 124.
Aranudar, Terenas, Mechanica Rationalis, Sincronia, Arcturix, Turious, Curacha, Legisa, and Natrizima all meet this threshold.
Zwerg Mit Eisen, Carausmia, and Ellathyr all have levels over 100, so they aren't too far from meeting this threshold.
Morgnatha and God Send both have levels greater than the world average, but they are still some ways away from the threshold.
Tarjikstan has a scientific advancement level lower than the world average and is a considerable ways away from the threshold.

Please keep in mind that, even if you don't have a space station of your own, you are more than capable of renting out another nation's space station for your own use. For example, even though Tarjikstan wouldn't have it's own space station, Turious would, so it would not seem at all out of place for the good relations between Tarjikstan and Turious to permit Tarjikstan to use Turious' station.

If enough people like this proposal, then I propose we send it to a vote on the Nation States forum.

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Currently, the world average is 62, so the minimum level required to build a space station, under this proposal, would become 124.
Aranudar, Terenas, Mechanica Rationalis, Sincronia, Arcturix, Turious, Curacha, Legisa, and Natrizima all meet this threshold.
Zwerg Mit Eisen, Carausmia, and Ellathyr all have levels over 100, so they aren't too far from meeting this threshold.
Morgnatha and God Send both have levels greater than the world average, but they are still some ways away from the threshold.
Tarjikstan has a scientific advancement level that is barely half of the world average and should really be lucky to have any space program at all.
and Corvermell? : 3

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Also, I'd like to remind everyone that you really shouldn't be trying to push your nations' tech levels too far. I mean, if a nation is trying to develop FTL space travel with a scientific advancement level that's just over 100, just imagine how exponentially farther tech advancement would have to be in nations with scientific advancement levels that are over 300.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Hmm, what about a collaboration system?
If two nations worked together on their space faring pursuits, they could add their SAL together to create a bigger and better station?
Combined, nations would have more money, resources and technology to do this.

My space program is at the point of: Is capable of going into space
The station itself is a big ole WIP, so I'd be happy to work with people on it :D
Plus, RP creation ftw.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I'd say if you combine resources you net the average of combining them. Two nations with 100 science don't gain anything they didn't have, whereas a nation with 50 and a nation with 150 put the lower nation at 100. One wouldn't have much to gain scientifically by allying with a primitive nation, so it's primarily for the primitive's benefit.