Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

NationStates - The Solar System

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Hmm, what about a collaboration system?
If two nations worked together on their space faring pursuits, they could add their SAL together to create a bigger and better station?
Combined, nations would have more money, resources and technology to do this.
This is true, but that's harder to calculate. 2+2=4 with regards to resources, but technology is not quite so simple. For example, in Civilization, a tech may require you to research two smaller technologies beforehand. You could research one of those technologies while another nation researches the other and trade techs, but that wouldn't immediately give you the advanced tech you really want; somebody would still have to research it.

If we want to get technical, I suppose we could make a formula to calculate the SAL of a group along these lines:

( Individual Nation's SAL ) x [ 2 / ( # of Nations in Group + 1 ) ] = Individual Nation's contribution to Group's Total SAL

Then, you'd simply add the resulting individual contributions together to calculate the SAL of the group.

EDIT: Sniped by Baron.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
I have a space station because I got the moon cannon issue, but Mechanica already claimed the moon. The easiest solution was to say I had military satellites instead. I also collaborate with Turious, God Send, Zwerg mit Eisen, and Curacha (not sure if me and Curacha still do, will have to ask.) when it comes to science.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Please keep in mind that, even if you don't have a space station of your own, you are more than capable of renting out another nation's space station for your own use. For example, even though Tarjikstan wouldn't have it's own space station, Turious would, so it would not seem at all out of place for the good relations between Tarjikstan and Turious to permit Tarjikstan to use Turious' station.
I got an issue that gave me the space station. I am most certainly not borrowing another nation's station. (hero asked me to clarify this)

Raith

Lord of Altera
Duskilor has a thing for space as well thanks to its scientific advancement, and is not thinking about colonizing anything just yet

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Perhaps the GM of the Region should write a chart for scientific advancment. Like this # means you get so and so.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Well, we can't regulate tech in too much detail; there's no reason to say "you must have a level of X to get this tech" when an issue may give you the tech regardless.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
OP updated.

If there are no qualms, I would like to DM any expeditions or attempts to colonize celestial bodies in the solar system. I can note that they would likely be dissimilar to our IRL solar system, primarily in the interest of exciting RP potential.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Since people are doing space things now and there have been so many (OOC equivalent of X) posts, I took the liberty of giving the first four planets of the solar system a description. Have at it.