Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

NationStates

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Im so intense youll notice that I never use apostrophes, except verrryyyyy rarely for possessives, but thats it. On contractions, I hold fast to the belief that they are utterly useless. Theres no need for them in most cases because its not like they are being used to differentiate from a very similar word. Only two real examples are its and it's and can't and cant. But pretty much goddamn no one off the top of their head actually knows which its is its and it's, 90% of people rely on context clues so that ones not an issue, and can't and cant have such entirely different meanings that that ones not likely to get confused either.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Azerwind

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=azerwind
New York Times Democracy
Civil Rights: Some
Economy: Very Strong
Political Freedom: Superb

The Free Land of Azerwind is a tiny, genial nation, notable for its compulsory military service. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 12 million Azerwindians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 31%. A robust private sector is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Gambling, and Automobile Manufacturing industries.

The tenet of free speech is held dear, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Azerwind's national animal is the Eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities, and its currency is the Denarius.

CaliburofSouls

Lord of Altera
The Kingdom of Cheesecat has a nice ring to it.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=cheesecat

The Kingdom of Cheesecat is a fledgling, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its strong anti-business policies. The cynical population of 5 million Cheesecatians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."

The large, moralistic, socially-minded government concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Commerce and Religion & Spirituality are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 35%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Uranium Mining.

Crime is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force. Cheesecat's national animal is the Cheesecat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Cheese.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Suppose I should post about mine as well xD

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=morgnatha
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights: Some
Economy: Good
Political Freedom: Below Average

The Dictatorship of Morgnatha is a tiny, safe nation, remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 10 million Morgnathans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Social Welfare, although Religion & Spirituality and Healthcare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 41%. A small but healthy private sector is led by the Basket Weaving industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Book Publishing.

The government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, organ donation is compulsory, nudity is frowned upon, and it is illegal to make racist remarks in public. Crime is well under control. Morgnatha's national animal is the Blood Serpent, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Rhett. @Tybalt

Last edited:

Raith

Lord of Altera
THE DICTATORSHIP OF DUSKILOR

Iron fist Consumerists
Civil rights: unheard of
Economy: good
Political freedoms: outlawed

The Dictatorship of Duskilor is a tiny, devout nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 10 million Duskilorians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."

The enormous, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Religion & Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 35%. A small private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.

The government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, citizens select which government department gets their income tax Dumes each year, Harry Potter books are banned, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Duskilor's national animal is the spider, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Dume.

CaliburofSouls

Lord of Altera
Let's attempt to keep things RPable...just stating...
I didn't necessarily create mine to RP, And if I did, Probably not with HW people :p Also, I'm not being entirely.. Serious or anything with my decisions. My political choices are pretty much random and don't make much sense. I just pasted it here because the description is funny, and for any who wish to check it out.

Deathmoron

Lord of Altera
Armed Republic of Curacha

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=curacha

Iron Fist Consumerists
Civil Rights: Few
Economy: Reasonable
Political Freedoms: Outlawed

The Armed Republic of Curacha is a tiny, safe nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 10 million Roaches are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."

The large government concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Education are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 33%, but much higher for the wealthy. A small private sector is led by the Trout Farming industry, followed by Cheese Exports and Uranium Mining.

Military spending is on the increase, military spending recently hit a new high, gambling is outlawed, and a dictator has seized power and outlawed elections. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Curacha's national animal is the Spear Nosed Bat, and its currency is the Lube.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
Giving you guys a happy little update on my nation...

The Allied States of Legisa

Economy: Good
Civil Rights: Very Good
Political Freedoms: Few

The Allied States of Legisa is a tiny, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cynical population of 12 million Legisans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 26%, but much higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Furniture Restoration and Basket Weaving.

The tenet of free speech is held dear, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and Smews are considered a delicacy. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low. Legisa's national animal is the Smew, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Legesian Dollar.

We are a nation who see autocracy as the means to a brighter future, but our nation shall not follow the path of Nazi Germany or the USSR and persecute our own people. Ours is truly a wonderful society!

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
@LightTwig Perhaps one day you become big and stronk like Makorath.

The Protecterate of Makorath

Father Knows Best State

Economy: Thriving
Civil Rights: Few
Political Freedom: Outlawed

The Protectorate of Makorath is a tiny, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 12 million Arcturians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The large, corrupt government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 29%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.

Citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, euthanasia is legal, the government is avowedly atheist, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Makorath's national animal is the Boar, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Imperion.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
@BarbarianGaming

The Allied States of Legisa frown upon your use of barcoded citizens, but recognise how it has benefited your nation. On another note, how did you make that flag, it's very nice.