Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New... Character?

Yey or Nay?

• Yey

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Nay

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Fay

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Lay

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
hmm.

Yey or Nay.

Jinglebells would still be around, but I feel as if I've set her up for faaaiiluuure and sort've want to dock her.

Gonna have to figure something out with the whole Arduin thing.

Input is desired. Greatly desired. Throw ideas at me, I'll probably use them!

Erlewis

Lord of Altera
*hurls an idea so fast it shatters against the wall* Oh, erm... there goes that one.
How 'bout this:
Miss Naomi Versailles
Age 36
Human
Daughter of a very wealthy land baron who expects her to very prim and proper, and use her good looks to marry a wealthy young man who will increase his money by even more.
However, she's very rebellious, instead riding horses as far away from home as possible, often away for days hunting in the Southern Wilds. She is excellent with her crossbow she worked hard to buy, rather than using her father's money to get. She is headstrong, reckless, and very, very good-looking. She often jumbles up her words from speaking too fast, and it's hard for people to understand what she's saying sometimes.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Input time!

A character is not the sort of thing one attempts within a couple of hours. Don't watch a movie and think "that's cool, I will make a character for that". It will result in almost immediate boredom. Instead, think about the sort of thing that interests you. Take an important aspect of your life and make it your own; stylize it to suit how you want it to be. In my opinion, the key to a successful character is for it to reflect yourself.

Secondly, goals are very important. An aimless character isn't fun to play, so it's important to set aims for your character. For example, your character, Jinglebells, is leader of house Arduin. Has she achieved everything she wants in her life? If so, things can be a bit boring. So it's important to set an interesting and difficult-to-reach goal.

Goldengem25

The Kingdom Crusher
If you feel you've set her up for failure, that's a sure sign you may want a new character. If you did go for a new character, I'd recommend a "blank canvas". Someone who is pretty un dynamic from the start, but as they adventure their choices and mistakes shape their personality. That'd person would probably be easily impressed, and easy to persuade. Perhaps plan what your character would come across, but react on a heartbeat to dessisions? (Sorry if this was a bit "off", but it's late over in England :p)

Spark

Broken
To be honest, it should be whatever you enjoy.

Before the last week I hadn't RPed one in about 6 months. Just because I didn't enjoy it. Now I have a new character, I love it because I enjoy the character.

Do what is fun for you!... Like if you enjoy being an awesome person being better than everyone else, oh and did I mention being awesome? Then you would obviously be High Elf :p

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Oh, all my characters have a potential to swing either way.

And ALL of them have twists and turns and ~whee~
I'm super nice, friendly and everybody loves me.
Then I'm a serial killer.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH.