Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New title plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stevey

I am preparing the release of a new plugin custom built by our wonderful plugin developer barryg. There are still a few things to iron out to make it compatible with our current plugins, but I though I'd give everyone a preview of what's going to happen.

Simply put everyone will be able to choose their own title from a list of titles available per permission group. Ranks will stay the same, but from now you will recognize a players rank through their rank colour and not their title. Visit our wiki site for more information about this: http://minecraft.hollowworld.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Titles

There will be a quest in the future to transition from "Villager -> Noble -> Knight" however in the meantime it will be done through radiants.

Transitioning from Peasant(new player rank) to Villager will be done through a newbie quest(and world) I spoke about a while ago. I'm waiting for our new quest plugin before I can start making the quest. For now if you are a Peasant rank ask a mod ingame to promote you to Villager for free.

Note that it's not on the server just yet. If you have any questions or title suggestions, reply to this thread.

Auxilium

Cobblestone King
So it is going to be something like..This?

Edit: Yes! Oh, my gawsh, it is something like that! Much more complex though.. Amazing!
Edit 2: Is it possible to change titles when you decide you are, for example, bored to play as a Prophet, and you want to be a Warlord instead?

Sodium

The Lunarch
I love that this is being added to the server. It will definitely help difine peoples rp characters!

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
So ima be allitle bratty now xD Can we have Necromancer please o please i ruuuv necromancer for lord or Radiant pleaaaawse xD (and i do know you have Summoner but i had to ask :) ) EDIT and a merchant or something for the knights and lords :) so you dont have to be a noble to have trader rank :) EDIT2 forgot... I love this its a great idea :D Makes ppl actually know what your roleplaying :D

barryg

Real life redstone crafter
If ikbenlars wasn't such a nitty gritty detail freak you would already have it and if he wasn't such a slave driver I also could play Minecraft instead of working on some title plugin no one really wants.

Read above message with 100% sarcasm ;)

S

Stevey

So ima be allitle bratty now xD Can we have Necromancer please o please i ruuuv necromancer for lord or Radiant pleaaaawse xD (and i do know you have Summoner but i had to ask :) ) EDIT and a merchant or something for the knights and lords :) so you dont have to be a noble to have trader rank :) EDIT2 forgot... I love this its a great idea :D Makes ppl actually know what your roleplaying :D
You didn't read the wiki :p

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
Aw, look at you higher ups with no new titles. We get all the cool stuff down here :p
What will happen with the titles like Dragonborn, Dovahkiin and the newly coming Artisan (Halfmad's town building competition)? Will they stay the same, will we be able to choose another title for a while and then switch back, can we opt out of them completely? Also, will the colour of the title stay the same as the lucid green or will it be altered to reflect the user's rank?

Kaies

Grand Lizard
The admins get to choose from any title available, we are a higher rank so we get the lower rank titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.