Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

NNud6398's Application [Approved - Somnastra]

NNud6398

Lord of Altera
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

NNud6398

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?

Virginia, America

4) Have you read our guides yet?

I've read a bit of each, just to get my feet wet. I will be reading them thoroughly though.

5) Introduce yourself!

Well, my first name is Tanner and even though I am young, I do consider myself very mature for my age. I'm a massive gamer. (I'm sure most of you can relate.) I just started my first year of high-school. (Yay...[Can't you just taste that enthusiasm.]) I am kidding of course. So far, it's been a wild, but awesome experience. I'm a pretty good student, but I just say that because I have an amazing memory, so I memorize things a lot easier than most. I have to say that my favorite games that I've played so far in my short years would have to be the amazing Fallout 3 & New Vegas, and the Elder Scrolls Series. There's just something about a good RP with an amazing atmosphere that sets a flame in my heart. My favorite song right now, for some odd reason, is the remix of Spooky Scary Skeletons. I am very interested in game designing and have dabbled a little in the actual concepts, but nothing yet. I'm really excited to join, and look forwards to getting to meet all of you guys.

6) Got any examples of your work?

Unfortunately, no for the building and most skills. I'm not the best of builders, so I tend to shy away from doing so. I also don't really like to write, because I get so caught up on little details when I try to that it just stresses me. I do however consider myself an excellent RPer, as I've had almost 4 years of experience on different sites and games.

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?
I haven't in game gone around and look at the different sights and towns of Altera, but all is not in vain! I have gone to look at the map and surveyed it quite extensively so I do have somewhat an idea of what it'll be like in the big open world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About your character
Name: Victor

Race: Human

Appearance: See Attachments (And I would like to say that the two images aren't mine. They're just to show what he looks like. Also, one's with a hood, and the other is just him normally)

---

The test

The wind hadn't dared to blow a single wisp over the river's, everything seemed perfect as I lined up the shot, dinner being only a mere ten feet from me. The elk had been lapping the water for only a few seconds, but it seemed like hours as I held my breath. I let the arrow fly and it sailed through the air with an almost silent hiss, but as fate would dictate for the mammal's life to be spared. I was going to go hungry. Again. I had been used to being on the brink of starvation and that elk had relit the small glimmer of hope in my chest, only to crush it like the common ant under a shoe. My stomach growled as I stood slowly, moving to retrieve the arrow that had almost brought me salvation. As I picked it up, I was thinking to myself. "Why does fate confound me..All I get are scraps and morsels for all my work, while some people eat like kings without ever lifting a finger.." As I thought the last bit, my stomach growled in response. I sighed wearily and started my hike back to what I called home, my small camp hidden in the woods. When I reached my so called 'home', I pulled the last bits of stale and molding bread from my torn knapsack. A small gag made its way from my chest as the rancid odor hit me, but I'd rather be sick for an hour than be dead from hunger. The bread made its way into my mouth after what could have been minutes staring at it. I regrettably sat there, waiting for the after taste as a rustle from a nearby bush caused me to reach for my bow slowly. As I knocked an arrow, what could have been the fattest rabbit of all Altera slowly lumbered from the bushes, looking up at me with huge beady eyes trapped from the inside of its furry coat. My tongue automatically licked my lips as the rabbit and I stared at each other, my heart racing as I watched my dinner. Right as the arrow was about to be shot, I heard a young child's call. She was calling a name..."Fluffy.." I mouthed as I heard the words, my eyes still on the rabbit. Its tiny nose twitched and started to hop off as I bit my lip, listening to the name calling out again. I had no choice. I couldn't do it, I mentally cursed myself as I set down the bow. I moved with speed, scooping the heavy rabbit in my arms and heading towards the voice until I came to a small clearing. A young girl, no more than ten summers old, stood there in a yellow sundress. Her eyes grew fearful when she saw me, but they quickly grew excited as she spotted the rabbit. She held in a scream of happiness, stifling it into nothing more than a giddy giggle as she rushed forwards. As she pulled the rabbit from my arms and burrowed into his back, I felt happy despite the gnawing hunger. Her eyes moved up to look at my form, the large orbs taking me in as I stood there. I stared right back as she slowly stepped back, smiling at me. Her voice was soft and airy as she thanked me, turning with a smile and running off, hugging the bunny to her chest, and for the first time ever. I was glad to go hungry.

(923 Words. Hope you guys like it.)

Attachments

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
That's a lovely test! I am glad to accept!!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
How to use the forum
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.