Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

(NOT MAGIC OR ANYTHING ACTUAL) Imbuement

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
First of all, like the title states, this wouldn't be something to actually happen, more a belief started by Roy due to his thoughts on enchanting and thinking of what else could be done with them.

A legendary warrior deserves a legendary weapon befitting themselves, but what might make this weapon legendary? Sure a smith who's skilled in their craft couldve made it as their masterpiece...but maybe the weapon did more? Using bear bones in the forge as the steel was heated, this weapon could tie in the bear's own raw, primal strength into the weapon, thus, imbuement. Imbuement is a process in which a trait is tied into a weapon from the spirit of whatever material is being used in order to help one tap into their strength, Example:
-Strength of a bear
-Agility of a monkey
-lightness of a bird
and animals are only one way to move with Imbuement, humans are another. What if you found a warrior, after looking over his corpse, you recognize him to be incredibly skilled, and you yourself always desired to be a great fighter? Bring his bones to a smithy, and have them forge a weapon with his fighting essence tied into it, BECOME the new legacy.

Note, should any abilities actually come from this (which technically they can) it would be due to a more "placebo effect" kinda thing.
-Brain allows more usage of muscles to grant greater strength, however, damage can be caused if done too long.
-Same goes for legs to allow for faster movement, and srt of inspires a faster adrenaline rush to increase reflexes
-this would be more trick of the mind, you think you're lighter, so, to yourself, you are.
this could also be the same with the fighting spirit, recognizing you're new, you might toss ideas you think are good in favor of ones that suddenly come to mind, though, maybe your first thoughts were actually pretty good and you've now screwed yourself... so that means imbuement is false? No... it means your body can't handle that kind of spirit, and so you're unworthy of the imbuement, thus the belief continues.

Edit: This now does improve the weapon slightly, not much, but when combined with other improvement techniques, can make a world of difference.

Last edited:

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Combine it with yhe enchantment lore, and you have a very convincing "magic" weapon forging right there.

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
He adds weird things to the metal and tells you it's special and so you think it is special and take risks you normally wouldn't. I like this.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
So it's a well used placebo

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Placebo or not, adding something like bone to a weapon makes it more prone to breaking in most cases.

Spirit

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
PudsNull
PudsNull
Legend
I like it! I can just see someone finding my bones, not knowing who it is, asking a smith to make a weapon from my bone...and end up being the saddest excuse of a warrior ever.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Placebo or not, adding something like bone to a weapon makes it more prone to breaking in most cases.
I like it! I can just see someone finding my bones, not knowing who it is, asking a smith to make a weapon from my bone...and end up being the saddest excuse of a warrior ever.
it's not using the bone as a blade, it's burning it to help heat the steel, using the material as a sort of fuel to help tie into the craft, but destroying the physical form to help the spirit free itself :p

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
it's not using the bone as a blade, it's burning it to help heat the steel, using the material as a sort of fuel to help tie into the craft, but destroying the physical form to help the spirit free itself :p
Also creating a steel/calcium alloy which is rubbish vs regular steel. Gotta watch what you stick in there.

Damascus

Legend of Altera
Also creating a steel/calcium alloy which is rubbish vs regular steel. Gotta watch what you stick in there.
Well, you wouldn't want the calcium, but if you had a lot of bones, maybe you could use it as a source of the carbon for the alloy?

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I've already talked to Lannis about this, the bones wouldn't affect the steel at all, not to mention, if anything, the calcium would be burned away and used as a fluxing agent so as to purify the steel and make it stronger, however, I'm going off Lannis' words since he's the guy ya talk to for alloys. That being said, if there are any comments or concerns about using bones in the process, I'd request people keep it in a PM to me so that there's no chance of it starting a debate, ay other comments I'd prefer to be about the process of imbuement itself.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
So it's a placebo involving absorbing the power of your enemies into your tools.

Awesome.
friends, enemies, loved animals, animals that you look at while they're alive and chasing you and going "NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE." anything really :p

Mah new armor set~
upload_2016-3-15_20-57-10.png

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Sigurd just arrives at Roy's smithy with 32 bodies.
"Go make me a sword."

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Sigurd just arrives at Roy's smithy with 32 bodies.
"Go make me a sword."
I more fear the day when Sif eventually dies and people start a war over who gets access to his corpse to make their weapons/armor.. I swear that people are going to want an entire set made
Sigurd Armor
Edgemaster
Fury
Attack up (XL)
Defense up (XL)
Stamina up
Marathon Runner
Ferocity
Razor Sharp
Health +50

that seems accurate (Monster hunter stats for those who don't know: http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/skill )