Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Open Offer: Organizing people to fix up spawn

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
I want new players to want to stay at spawn, personally. It provides more centralized RP and quite a bit of fun.

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
It's nice to see the Sorrows Town being involved. It looks as if the Crossroads could act as the 'edge-of-town tavern' as well, which I quite like. Like a stop-off point for large caravans/wagons that won't actually go straight into the city. The only thing I don't like is the city blocks part, because (like in Tambry) it messes with my medieval aesthetic. Cities weren't planned out and built as a city in medieval times, which is why old towns and cities have a wonderful, sprawling nature to how the streets winds around hills and criss-cross with alleys. They start off as farmsteads and evolve into hamlets, villages, towns, and then their borders bump into the neighboring towns, and they all merge into a city.

Granted, if the characters involved in this are drawing up plans for a large settlement, then it would make sense to have the city block design, but it still looks really off and naff for medieval builds, imo.
In light of this comment by Ced, I'd also be happy to work with staff/the build team to make such happen, I got plenty to go on and think I can make the medieval realistic look a thing if needed, and if asked for.

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
I wholeheartedly support this! A city makes for the best RP! I especially like the market place idea. We could have players setting up shop at spawn, getting way more business then in a town not nearly as visited. Count me in! I would love to help build this! :heart:

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Plans for player housing at spawn? I think that would be a good thing. I remember when I first joined I wanted to buy a house in old-old PS. (I couldnt)

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
In light of this comment by Ced, I'd also be happy to work with staff/the build team to make such happen, I got plenty to go on and think I can make the medieval realistic look a thing if needed, and if asked for.
I'll have to vouch for Tempy on this one. He's an incredible builder, and it would be a mistake to exclude him from this ambitious project. Waaaaay better than me, that's for sure. As for the plans you have devised, Naelwyn, I wholeheartedly concur with what you have provided. Perhaps there should be some vacant mansions available for the prominent men and women of Altera to rent, just as our old spawn. But those are finer details that will be fleshed out as we progress further.

Arrowflint

Lord of Altera
Patron
Arrowflint
Arrowflint
Patron
More than willing to help with material gathering and building if giving some general designs, should this go through!

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Plans for player housing at spawn? I think that would be a good thing. I remember when I first joined I wanted to buy a house in old-old PS. (I couldnt)
This seems like a given to me. If you want people to rp in the spawn city, then let them live there like we could with ye olde Port Silver.

Magiik

Lord of Altera
I personally have long preferred the centralized city feel in roleplay, so you guys have my full support for this.

I'm curious, though. ICly, how would this be run? If we're all working on it, for instance, it'd be kind of bad for it to fall into one of the several major factions that dislike each other, since it could lead to a good portion of the server feeling completely unwelcome in a city that's supposed to be an RP hub for everyone. So, what, would it be a council? An enforced neutral town? A new faction popping up out of nowhere led by an ambitious figure?
A new RP hub is great, but we can't get completely caught up in building it and forget some of the other important parts.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Silver Council. They still exist and have yet been unused.

Sides, have the perfect name for it.

Port Price.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
One of the biggest, biggest mistakes in trying to make a nice city is having a mish/mash of different builds and styles.

If an orchestrated build team/group/what-have-you can come together and generate a cohesive, consistent build style that would be implemented in this, I'd really like to see that before offering my help building or not.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
One of the biggest, biggest mistakes in trying to make a nice city is having a mish/mash of different builds and styles.

If an orchestrated build team/group/what-have-you can come together and generate a cohesive, consistent build style that would be implemented in this, I'd really like to see that before offering my help building or not.
Do you consider something cohesive and consistent if it's comprised of various NPC refugees from wars, failed kingdoms and ruins, and people returning to the site of old port silver, with their own build styles, albeit in different parts of the build?

I'm doing this as a "Here's the base design, now I'm opening discussion on specifics"

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Fair enough. I think what I meant to say is just that I'd like to see some of the drafted builds once they come rolling in before I hop on board.

My above post sounded a bit egotistical, my bad. Also never stated that I totally support this idea.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
The only thing i might add is to not make the market big. I feel that if its too good it might take away from the trade city Tambry simply for the fact of the free warp.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Looks like there's interest enough on the player side.

Provided folks approve a general plan we can get to work.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I"m up for this both OOC ly building as IC ly kublai being a carpenter and all :D Count me in Nael!