Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Open Offer: Organizing people to fix up spawn

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
my only problem with this is that it'll have so much that new players won't be enticed to go to towns or anything, they'll all want to stay at spawn.
People can start roleplaying for instance as a smith at spawn town, until a legendary half-dwarf smith pops up and discovers a talent and takes the smith to the guild?
I think people will always want to explore towns, since a Dwarf in spawn city will soon enough hear the call of other Dwarves asking them to come around Dwarftown. Same goes for all the other races and specific job specializations I guess : ))))

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Seems like a fair few people are game for this. But where are we when it comes to staff approval?

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Seems like a fair few people are game for this. But where are we when it comes to staff approval?
I personally wholly support the cause. Keep the motion forwarded, the team response will be in time.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
(And here too!)

I'd first like to say- Thank you for the wide interest and consensus in a spawn town. We know how important it is and yes, we've been talking about it for several months now. At the current moment, the whole of staff's focus is on several different projects that players themselves have wanted us to take up and that we've swooped up to take responsibility of for the past year to months- So I won't be able to provide a reply without seeing what is able to be coordinated, if possible, with what projects are already ongoing. Please keep continuing being amazing people as you are with the support you've given to each other and us with projects.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Updates: I am looking at possibly changing jobs and/or moving relatively soonish. Yes this is part of the time-sensitive part of the main post.

I'll not be able to run this to completion in a satisfying way if I can't get started on it too soon, and am just reminding folks that can actually make decisions that my ability to offer to do this is only open for a limited timeframe, as likewise will people's interest be.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I'll not be able to run this to completion in a satisfying way if I can't get started on it too soon, and am just reminding folks that can actually make decisions that my ability to offer to do this is only open for a limited timeframe, as likewise will people's interest be.
I'm going to be honest here. In the past few weeks to months, our staff has had a server vision stemmed to player's desires mixed with where we are headed, as well with what we offer to the server. That being the unique ability for players to create their own regions. We accepted new projects, new ways to involve players, and we constantly take feedback. To this offer, Naelwyn, it's too vast a request for a change in a short time and something that's been on hold for a reason, even in the past. I can't give you the special go-ahead of this with only a week's notice and I won't be able to scramble to fit things into place with where the server's focus and staff's attention has been headed in such a time frame. Our current projects require much of our attention, and to accommodate this new change that players want will not come to fruition in the form of a project until other things in the back-end have wrapped up. I can't promise you it'll be in a week, or two weeks or three. And I won't leave you hanging here with this offer. So I'll have to cleanly decline it for the time being. Thank you for the offer, regardless.

This doesn't mean we don't want to accommodate what players want. I managed to round about staff and take feedback of what occurred here. Once our other projects are finished, I will be able to pursue players desire to work together to build.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Perfect, thanks. Having an open project request means I must refrain from doing anything else. I don't think it should take more than a week to get a general idea of "Yes or No" to any kind of proposal, and getting a 'no' allows me to move on to other projects or ideas.

I am well aware people are logjammed completely in the first place, that's pretty much why I made the offer to start with. I'm not really engaged with the current server campaign and have nothing else to do while it's running, so I found something to do for more activity to be happening.

I'll probably move on from this to my personal event plans (Which will nonetheless suffer from the same issue, it's impossible to do anything else while this campaign is running), other projects, or go back to waiting for something to engage with again.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'll probably move on from this to my personal event plans (Which will nonetheless suffer from the same issue, it's impossible to do anything else while this campaign is running), other projects, or go back to waiting for something to engage with again.
Heh, you found the pain of wanting to contribute but being halted or losing inspiration cause of waiting for a reply, while in your head you know the plan you have can be great, if only they'd let you go ahead. Your comment feels all too familiar! I really hope they'll let you do stuff and reply on short notices, that's what keeps the ball rolling and keeps initiative from players alive. Good luck!

Elt

Lord of Altera
Retired Staff
I woouuld still like a bit more atat-based justification on why this wouldn't be good, though. Dunno, just seems like Altera's population can't sustainably support widespread RP to such an extent without causing rifts between player groups (including staff), since peoe form hard-to-join groups based on who's ICly around, since not many characters have a reason to be at the Crossroads often.

Barely a clue what I just said; I'm tired, spare me.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I believe on some other thread the staff mentioned that revising the spawn was on a to-do list in which I believe they let players make spawns or spawn-ideas in some kind of competition / build-competition?
Not sure, I'm doing this off of my memory, but I believe they've got things planned.