Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Over the Horizon (Part 1)

Ddaug

Lord of Altera
In my estimation, you can change your supplies until you leave.

I would like someone to mention what kind of time-scale you'll be using for the trip. For this sort of thing, it'll be important to know that.
We are adding supplies to accommodate for up to a 30-days at sea. If land isn't found within 15-20 days of sailing, however, the ship will turn back. So, departure will be at 4pm PST on the 5th, and at 12pm PST on the 6th it will have been, lets say, 17 days since departure (If land is not found already).

Jayo

Loyal Servant of Altera
Ok so now we have 552 gallons of water. Thats 17 Barrels of water. That's more than enough to sustain god drinking water, bathing water, Water to cook, Etc. etc

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Remember.

A gallon of water weighs 8 lbs. That is a 4416 pound ballast (Less weight of barrels, which'll be another 2000 or so), which, in that ship as designed, may lead to interesting happenings.

Why yes I've had nautical adventures.

Actually doing a bit more math here and that's... very likely to lead to fun with a capital f.

Ddaug

Lord of Altera
Remember.

A gallon of water weighs 8 lbs. That is a 4416 pound ballast (Less weight of barrels, which'll be another 2000 or so), which, in that ship as designed, may lead to interesting happenings.

Actually doing a bit more math here and that's... very likely to lead to fun with a capital f.
I'm sorry, I quite honestly don't know how to calculate how much weight my minecraft ship can hold. Neither do I know how much weight an average carrack ship would hold. If you could give me a brief estimate for my weight limit that would be much appreciated, seeing that I can't seem to find any answers on the internet.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I'm sorry, I quite honestly don't know how to calculate how much weight my minecraft ship can hold. Neither do I know how much weight an average carrack ship would hold. If you could give me a brief estimate for my weight limit that would be much appreciated, seeing that I can't seem to find any answers on the internet.
Carrack is hard to pin down since its such a variable freaking size design. I've got specs with a minimum of 60 oars or something.

Lemme math some.

Ddaug

Lord of Altera
Remember.

The ship can hold atleast 180-200 tons, The ship being based off the Mayflower.
If this is the case I don't see any problems. And yes, the ship is based off the mayflower.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
That's a bit late chronologically, by at least 200 years. Not on me to judge anymore. Will help you be accurate to what you built, not what should have been.

Looking at a cargo capacity in the 100-200 ton range, with a sea voyage being rather dangerous the higher you go in something with that maneuverability.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I'm impressed with the detail tall are putting into this. (And I've seen the actual boat, it's badass and I like all the special little things you put in it that you usually don't see on most ships)

If it was me the voyage would be dead.
"Oh that thing? Yes it's a boat, it uh, floats in water, has a few pew pew cannons and we have munchies aboard"

Ddaug

Lord of Altera
That's a bit late chronologically, by at least 200 years. Not on me to judge anymore. Will help you be accurate to what you built, not what should have been.

Looking at a cargo capacity in the 100-200 ton range, with a sea voyage being rather dangerous the higher you go in something with that maneuverability.
Thank you.. And yes, I know the boat is a bit advanced compared to the time zone we're in, but to be fair, so are majority of the boats in Altera.