Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

PepsiKnight's Whitelist Application [Approved - Squidziod]

PepsiKnight

Loyal Servant of Altera
PepsiKnight's Whitelist Application - Ayden Falkirk
ABOUT ME~
1. What is your Minecraft username:-
PepsiPunk101

2. How old are you:- 17

3. What country are you from:- London, England.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet:- I have read all the guides, lore, laws and tomes and will consent and abide by them.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming:-
Metagaming -
The act of using knowledge your character should not have in roleplay, thus giving you an unfair advantage since your character wouldn't humanely know the subject you're roleplaying. An example would be greeting someone by their name even if it's your first time meeting them and you haven't a clue who they are.

Powergaming - The act of roleplaying in a method that is seemingly impossible whilst giving your character an unfair advantage, usually by roleplaying skills / moves your character shouldn't know nor be able to do. An example would be fighting 12 armed fully equipped guards with a rusty dagger and coming out victorious whilst you're a novice at fighting.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server:- No, nor will I use them on the server.

7. Name one of our current Mentors:- Cukie1.

8. Tell us about yourself:- I'm a seventeen year old male in London, England who has just completed his first year of college and is currently going onto his second year! I've just finished taking a Chemistry AS, Biology AS and a Further Maths AS, and aspire to delve into the fields of Medicine or Engineering.
I myself spend almost all of my free time chatting with my friends and pretty much gaming, and am in love with RPG's such as 'the Bethesda games', 'the Mass Effect series', 'The Witcher series' and more, and have been addicted to Minecraft for over six years now.
I also love piano, and am trying to learn it, along with football which I'm an avid fan of.
Apart from that! I'm glad to apply on the server and can't wait to be back on the server and grinding for doublechests full of wood and cobble once more! (got to love being the slave of the group...)

9. Do you have any examples of your work:- This is a pretty crappy build I did around a year ago, but it's the only screenshot I have to my name, so I'm afraid it's all I got to show ;)
http://imgur.com/WJ7inr3,xQI0H8n,fZFmxz7,omApiPR,Fm6xno7,YsBiAWG

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server:- I used to play here around 8 months ago, but my account was hacked around six months ago. Thus, I've brought a new account and am now applying for whitelist for pretty much the same character I had with a few alterations and changes :) Overall, the main reason I'm interested in playing on the server again is due to a few friends who are running a town.

ABOUT MY CHARACTER!
Character name
:- Ayden Falkirk

Character age:- 26

Character race:- Norvägen
Character appearance:- A young yet ordinary looking stranger with a chiseled face, set with a pair of dark irish-green eyes, along with a lustrous chestnut tinted mat of hair with small mahogany streaks being visible running through it, along with a strong masculine set jaw adorned with plump roguish slanted lips, finished off with a roman curved nose with freckles peppered against his cheeks and nose.
He would be adorned in a grey undershirt, along with plain gloves and boots, and would have a blue cloak over his shoulders to keep him warm, or in more sinister times, to keep him hidden.

Written test:-
Ayden Falkirk, born in a well-off province not too far from a booming and renowned trading hub, was born to an eccentric and influential craftsman who was notorious for his prosperous smithing business, and to a common-place whore who belong to the streets. Unbeknownst to him, his fair-haired pretty mother was ran out onto the streets after bringing a small infant to a dark house door one night, seeking refuge along with the babe.
The father of the child, outraged at her appearance on his doors, tossed her gruffly out of his mansion, threatening her about how the ‘guards’ could intervene into this matter simply, and with that, Ayden grew up motherless. He was taught how his ‘whore’ mother had left him on the streets to be raised by his father, lest he’d die, this caused him to turn rather ‘fractured’ on international matters, causing him to slightly turn into a ‘Peniaphobe', harbouring a slight resentment to any who were poor and down-trodden, however, his over cautiousness and anxiety to open up to people was hidden by his quiet manner, thus no one would know except him.

Ayden, aged 16, eventually grew up to become a proper and well-mannered young man, a man who had the whole world to explore and venture due to his ‘deep pockets’, however, Ayden saw the vast and uncharted world as an opportunity to be written down in fame, an opportunity to daunting to simply ignore. Thus Ayden, after a year of work and adventure, entered a smithing and crafting tuition at his home. His intuitive and fast-paced mind made short work of the endless days of studies and revision of manuscripts and methods, giving him a light foot-hold on the different methods there were to smith pure and flawless armour and weapons, allowing him to know the bare minimum on how to smith and craft, hoping to jump-start training from there.
However, shortly at the age of 26, his father's once fortunate business soon began to decline, and it only took a couple of months before it was completely shut down, and Ayden's family was bankrupted. Struck with a sudden feeling of hopelessness and gloom, Ayden left his family, looking for a chance to make some money to bring back home, hoping to ensure that his father and him could live a comfortable life. Thus Ayden, at the tender age of 26, would wander the lone roads, seeking the right chance he could take, with a plethora of paths right beyond him.

~~~~~
((Basic RP, since what is above is a summary of his backstory))
*The Auburn sun would warmly emit its fiery glow, peeking above the far-off horizon meekly as its glistening rays of sunshine would creep across the slender stalks of ferns and grass covering the immense pine-forest bed, eventually spreading its fervent warmth to a humble traveler, cloaked in a heavy fur charcoal colour cloak spreading from the tips of his ankles to the hood; wrapped firmly around his head.His back would be arched over, lofting a brow at the subtle specks of dust growing in the distance, before he'd trudge off to the sides of the road, glancing with furrowed brows at the oncoming horse-ridden man.
After a mere minute of waiting in the ferns, the man in the distance would finally trot over with a glistening axe being raised precariously, jutting towards Ayden, with the simple words being muttered-*
"Take off your hood this instant so I know if you're a highway man or not!"
*Ayden merely gives a mirth of serene laughter, before lofting a hand to his hood, grasping it backwards as his spiky up-kept chestnut hair would pop out, speaking in a warm and gentle tone-* "I never knew cloaks signalized a highway man... Maybe I haven't been updated on the newer trends... Put the axe away for the love of god, I'd be frozen half to death if I *didn't* have one."
*The man gives a gruff sigh, before tipping his head apologetically, sheathing his axe in an instant as he'd hop off of his white-coated stallion, being adorned in leather padding on top of a layer of mail* "Sincerest apologies, criminal activities have increased in the past month... Say, who might you be if you don't mind me asking?"
*Ayden creases his young naive eyes to accommodate a wide heart-felt smile, with dimples appearing at either side of his lips, gleeful at the fact that an axe wouldn't hack at him today* "Just a humble smith wandering the lands looking for work to feed his belly, Ayden Falkirk, a pleasure."
*The leather-laden man cocks a brow, before extending a glove-covered hand curtly* "Jarl Kallin Bernegerd, in charge of keeping the order around these parts... If you're interested in smithing, our small constable could use an able quartermaster."
*Ayden widens his eyes at the fortuitous opportunity, giving an erratic nod joyously as he'd grip his hand tightly* "I'd love to! I mean... If it isn't too much trouble..."
*The man gives a satirical smirk, before mounting his stallion once more, starting off at a slow trot as Ayden would follow suite inquisitively, with the two soon disappearing onto the horizon, set for his meager town*

Additional notes:-
As of yet, my request to play a Norvägen character to Faelin hasn't been accepted nor denied, thus, if she is to say yes then I'll proceed with my Norvägen character as planned above, if not, then I'll change up a few key details and the roleplay + backstory to make my character a plain Northerner human, thus I'm not too sure whether this should be reviewed as of yet.

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello!

Your application shows great promise, and I would be inclined to accept should your character's ethnicity not be in question. Once you have received an answer from our wonderful staff, and you have either been reassured that your character is good or you have made the necessary changes, please message this thread here. At that time, I will again review your application and you'll be on your way. Thank you for being so very patient.

PepsiKnight

Loyal Servant of Altera
Thank you kindly for the speedy reply!
I'll be sure to give you a reply on this thread one Faelin's either accepted or denied my request, and thanks yet again in advance. :)

PepsiKnight

Loyal Servant of Altera
BTW - this is kind of a greedy request, but there's no harm in asking I guess :) I was wondering if there's anyway I can be whitelisted for now, that way I can just hang out with my friends and help them grind materials and the likes, help to build and so on. My character will pretty much be the same if Faelin says no, just simply not a Norvagen :) It's just I really wanna start playing and getting my items set up XD I understand entirely if its a no, and thanks in advance :)

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Firstly, thank you for being both tactful and patient with us and this process. Secondly, I really don't see a problem with this, and in fact I was inclined to accept your application right off the bat. My advice is to not put too much of an emphasis on the character's ethnicity until you get a definitive answer. So, without further ado...

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

PepsiKnight

Loyal Servant of Altera
I sadly can't express how much I love you right now :heart: Thank you so much for being considerate and kind enough to actually whitelist me even though my app is technically still pending! I'm honestly extremely grateful, and thanks yet again for being extremely quick on the reply and letting me actually be whitelisted! P.S~ I give you 1 freebie favour!