Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Putting an end to excessive violence

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Wow... that's intense... I still remember that from when it happened...
mhm.

When I saw that compilation as it was first posted, I immediately though "I'll send this to any crazy so-called-psycho character players, and maybe they'll realize what they're doing"

skuller

Lord of Altera
mhm.

When I saw that compilation as it was first posted, I immediately though "I'll send this to any crazy so-called-psycho character players, and maybe they'll realize what they're doing"
It was the 911 call when you can hear them :/

matyio

The original mute
I remember there was a time I nearly created a character like this, but it altered halfway through his first fight. The character changed from a mindless killer to a man who would provoke someone to attack him, then defend himself from a violent attack before letting the guards take the guy he'd provoked away. He became quite hated in character, but he never once outright killed someone. I always made sure he made wounds that people wouldn't be killed by or could be healed. Sometimes he'd leave scars. But he'd never attack someone with a weapon. He attacked with words and defended his life with a weapon. That is an interesting character. I wish people like that were around. Though it's really damn hard and I don't rp enough or have the confidence anymore, I hope someone will take note and alter a character that was meant to be a pyschopath and alter them to be like this.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I
^_^ maybe the idea of:
Ic rewards for proving murderers / cannibals if reported to authority?
Kind of along the lines of, if you supply a good enough case ic (w/ ooc evidence so you don't rofl report people​
you dislike) you will be payed a small sum of money as a reward?

• 1r for a litterbug (they need a slap on the wrist)
  • 20r for a petty thief
  • 40r for a normal thief
  • 60r for someone who has committed assult
  • 100r for a murderer
  • 200r for a cannibal
  • 300r for a serial killer
  • 400r for a bandit location (if enough work is put into it w/ evidence)
  • 500r for a person who plans/has committed treason
Just throwing out an idea or two to help with the issue
pay out Soo Soo much more for bandit locations >.>

Speaking if which, I won't be planning to ya bandit but I wish for banditry to come back, specially since with the dock fee traveling is more common.

If a bandit let's say pull a knife on a traveler to take his money or whatever, with no intention to kill, only to intimidate and steal, and the person they mug is brave and fights back.

Would their characters be condemned if one of them were to die?

That is a very /common/ medieval happening and not very morbid. Just fun banditry

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Does it count as excessive to capture an infected and use his blood for biological warfare?
^_^ maybe the idea of:
Ic rewards for proving murderers / cannibals if reported to authority?
Kind of along the lines of, if you supply a good enough case ic (w/ ooc evidence so you don't rofl report people​
you dislike) you will be payed a small sum of money as a reward?

• 1r for a litterbug (they need a slap on the wrist)
  • 20r for a petty thief
  • 40r for a normal thief
  • 60r for someone who has committed assult
  • 100r for a murderer
  • 200r for a cannibal
  • 300r for a serial killer
  • 400r for a bandit location (if enough work is put into it w/ evidence)
  • 500r for a person who plans/has committed treason
Just throwing out an idea or two to help with the issue
We actually have several different governments on the Server, so reporting someone who throw a rice sack over in Atzerport to the Silver Council won't get you far since that is the jurisdiction of House Marr, not the Silver Council.
Same as House Marr has no Jurisdiction in Hierax or Renatus has none in Port Silver.

The Silver Council's IC Jurisdiction ends pretty much right with the City Gates.

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
Does it count as excessive to capture an infected and use his blood for biological warfare?

We actually have several different governments on the Server, so reporting someone who throw a rice sack over in Atzerport to the Silver Council won't get you far since that is the jurisdiction of House Marr, not the Silver Council.
Same as House Marr has no Jurisdiction in Hierax or Renatus has none in Port Silver.

The Silver Council's IC Jurisdiction ends pretty much right with the City Gates.
Just use feces... It may be a bit more gross (and far more effective!), but that's kinda iffy.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I will tell you the very simple rule to be applied, really - we're still working out how to objectively judge how to discourage the following:

"Ugh, this is ridiculous."
"Ugh, this is disgusting."
"Ugh, this is just inappropriate."

Estes241

The Talking Pizza
Retired Staff
I'm also a bit disappointed in the... """villains""" of this society. I dislike the idea of a schizophrenic/bipolar/etc character simply because it seems lazy and also seems like a way to circumvent the downsides of being "Bad". If you have gone around killin' folk, and expect to be greeted with tea and hugs and have amazing friends... err, it seems very far-fetched. This 'double' personality makes it so that you can be all fine and dandy when you feel like it, and all evil when you wish to be... and I don't like that.

As for that link that was shared... not sure that I agree with its usage. All I can say is that I hope it is only there to make certain people recognize that it is wrong to kill people. Using it in the case of a story/fake world seems a bit wrong, as it is also very important to recognize the difference between reality and a game.

Bitochondria

Lord of Altera
I

pay out Soo Soo much more for bandit locations >.>

Speaking if which, I won't be planning to ya bandit but I wish for banditry to come back, specially since with the dock fee traveling is more common.

If a bandit let's say pull a knife on a traveler to take his money or whatever, with no intention to kill, only to intimidate and steal, and the person they mug is brave and fights back.

Would their characters be condemned if one of them were to die?

That is a very /common/ medieval happening and not very morbid. Just fun banditry
._. as in a whole bandit gang hideout

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I'm also a bit disappointed in the... """villains""" of this society. I dislike the idea of a schizophrenic/bipolar/etc character simply because it seems lazy and also seems like a way to circumvent the downsides of being "Bad". If you have gone around killin' folk, and expect to be greeted with tea and hugs and have amazing friends... err, it seems very far-fetched. This 'double' personality makes it so that you can be all fine and dandy when you feel like it, and all evil when you wish to be... and I don't like that.

As for that link that was shared... not sure that I agree with its usage. All I can say is that I hope it is only there to make certain people recognize that it is wrong to kill people. Using it in the case of a story/fake world seems a bit wrong, as it is also very important to recognize the difference between reality and a game.
I tried making a Manfred von Karma Like villain once - Didn't work out as it should have though, so I concluded that he would be very little fun over a longer period of time.

kaza125

Lord of Altera
If the thread hasn't already made it clear to some people, it should be noted that your character killing another shouldn't be something you do out of the blue with no justification and on a daily basis try to kill people. Of course some people may come to killing, such as a poor, hungry robber who has no choice but to kill his victim to get what he wants to survive. To me that's perfectly fine, so long as it is a justified kill, but the incidents where you are just killing at random, or eating people and you say you did it because your character 'Likes to kill people' is just poor role playing in my opinion.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
@Estes241 Similar to what Kaza said just above, I was thinking to outline how impactful a death is. The lack of respect for the topic gets to me, sometimes.