Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Question: What would you like to see on Hollowworld?

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Honestly, Nobility should be harder to obtain that it currently is. You can earn 50K in 12 hours by obsidian mining, and if you do more than just that, it'll be even faster.

There should be more requirements than just 50K radiants. Maybe an in-character title ranking system.

gamemonster55

Lord of Altera
I'd rather have it IC stuff not be earned by OOC stuff.

OOCly I have nobility title. Doesn't mean my character is a noble. It just means I can make a town/house by obtaining even MORE money.

Now some times (like the time I spent almost all my money on nobility title) RPly, I'll have more money, than I do OOCly.

The point is, we need RP currency for RP things, not obtained by OOC shops. It can however be payed to players, but that is limited to just them. The problem is with this, is some people RP will have more starting money than others.

So I have come to conclusion. To me, it is fine just the way it is.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
As I said, it would be cool with an in-character title/ranking/nobility system where your character becomes noble through RP methods, such as being approved by the Crown or something.

Voyager316

Loyal Servant of Altera
I myself am just looking to get some independent farm land. OOC nobility is a necessity and I'm debating whether to become a farm hand first for IC/OOC reasons. I think the current system is fine.

Anyway, new suggestion: Jousting
Tested this out with swords on horses on either side of a long fence and we were able to hit each other occasionally. It's not as easy as it sounds to joust but simple to implement.

gamemonster55

Lord of Altera
Player's can host that themselves :)

(A suggestion is knock back swords though. They will be easy to tell who hit the other first.)

DramaticBandGeek

Lord of Altera
*Is too lazy to check the other comments so if someone has said this already... Whoops*

More Sea Travel Role Play/Naval Battles...

Especially now that Airships are gone.

Like if we could have three ships set up for everywhere... One at Port Silver's Ports, one randomly in an outstretch of Ocean, one at the location it goes to... That would be great... And if there could be a portal on the midway ship so you could Role Play at halfway.

Voyager316

Loyal Servant of Altera
Excellent suggestion (suggested the same thing) but a good counter argument is that sitting around in between ports will be no fun. On the off chance that two or more people are going to rp travel, the far ends of the boat are not part of the port. I could see a compromise being one, generic vessel port in the middle of an ocean specifically for rping.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Both of the big ships at spawn are actually like that, sort of. They have a designated port, with the rest of the ship being free to explore.

DramaticBandGeek

Lord of Altera
All right... But at the very least, more of the Ship traveling Role Play Events... The Heaven's Reach expedition one was great and it felt amazing to be a part of.

dogbew

Lord of Altera
This may have been said already, as i don't have time to look through 15 pages of responses, but one of the things i liked the most about this server was the magic back on the island (You know, the one with Yoshi on it). If you could add one thing, i would consider adding a more open magic system, something that anyone can go and learn and have still restricted, but let the ones who are dedicated to the profession have magic. There were some flaws with the old magic system, including everyone having a copy of every book, but i feel like the current people in charge of the lore are capable of figuring that out.
Also perhaps have it to be where every channel that isn't for Rp show the real name of the person speaking, rather than, or at the same time as, their chosen nickname. It gets confusing for people who don't know everyone's rp names.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I want to see more defense kinda things. Such as, a god 6-7 months ago, there was an event hosted, where everyone was asked to volunteer to defend three islands, each getting attacked by...Grief I believe it was. We were given 5-10 minutes to build up defenses, while also given the general spawn area of the mobs. That was one of the -best- Rps, I've ever had. And as most would think a mob defense RP isn't good for RP, lemme tell you, lies, and slander. I want to see more of that, more of the: build up your defenses, make traps, arm the men, sharpen the swords, and prepare for battle! kinda Rps, rather than these random RP fights that pop up everywhere. Oh yes, and the Black Moon events were awesome too. But the island defense was my favorite by far~ :p

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Siege warfare.

Oh cherry stop saying all these awesome things or you'll have me falling head over heels for you.

But srs, there was LITTLE to NO battles during a war. Battles were extremely risky and would cost thousands upon thousands of men. The sign of a great leader is one who can hold a siege well. Cutting off all supplies and starving them out, wasting crops and spreading plauge.

I vaguely remember one general ordering 20,000 rats be captured. Some were bound to have some sort of plague. They spread the rats in the city, causing panic and the destruction of many things. Good plan, eh?

-K9

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
I want to see more defense kinda things. Such as, a god 6-7 months ago, there was an event hosted, where everyone was asked to volunteer to defend three islands, each getting attacked by...Grief I believe it was. We were given 5-10 minutes to build up defenses, while also given the general spawn area of the mobs. That was one of the -best- Rps, I've ever had. And as most would think a mob defense RP isn't good for RP, lemme tell you, lies, and slander. I want to see more of that, more of the: build up your defenses, make traps, arm the men, sharpen the swords, and prepare for battle! kinda Rps, rather than these random RP fights that pop up everywhere. Oh yes, and the Black Moon events were awesome too. But the island defense was my favorite by far~ :p
Excellent suggestion.

Siege warfare.
Also excellent, but a bit more logistically difficult.
Its so easy to be self sufficient after all. If you tried to siege Wintermourne I would just sort of chill out in the citadel doing exactly the same things I always do...

Alexandregd

Legend of Altera
Hmmm, a enchanting system that instead of using levels, require you to be a mage, would be fun, and RP wise, as only Mages would be able to enchant stuff.