Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Request] Hollow Travels; Ships and Carriages

Status
Not open for further replies.

oveny

Lord of Altera
I have a question about the travel rules, I was wondering if I could use small river boats for traveling as the town I'm in is right next to a river which leads to the sea and I was wondering if there is a way I could have a few routes set up which people pay (to me) so they can travel as I had started a travel company.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I have a question about the travel rules, I was wondering if I could use small river boats for traveling as the town I'm in is right next to a river which leads to the sea and I was wondering if there is a way I could have a few routes set up which people pay (to me) so they can travel as I had started a travel company.
Heya, I wanted to thank you for being patient for an answer as I was caught up on other conversations. If your land and the region you want to reach is only separated by a river a boat can navigate, then yes, it's alright to have a boat or canoe that's not a huge ship. The ship for travel just needs to be able to hold a few people and some storage, no need for a huge hull. If, however, your region is 2000+ from another, then the boat needs to accommodate depending on the distance needed to travel.

You actually can't have routes where players pay you for distance travelled as that takes away the neautral and fair aspect of the travel procedure. You can try explaining to players that once they enter your region, they could pay an emerald for boat travel, but not many would want to do that and it's not something we promote or enforce. Still an option if that's what you like to do ingame.

oveny

Lord of Altera
thankyou for letting me know and I talked to the leader of our region and he said we will use other realistic methods for earning money to do with ships and so on...

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
IGN: godfather1
Region: Stoltfar
Linked to Region: Mockingbay
Link back?: Yes
Coordinates of Boat A: -3870, 65, -17790
Coordinates of Boat B: 2940, 65, -2135
(340 character long) Description for Stoltfar: As the Emberlys makes her way around the intimidating icebergs, the sight of the bastion of Stoltfar is a welcome sight to your eyes in the bitter cold.
Color of Description: Blue
Description for Mockingbay: You arrived at the rowdy river port of Mockingbay.
Color of Description: Light Blue

And I'm just gonna.... Jeroxia to be sure XD

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
(340 character long) Description: As the Emberlys makes her way around the intimidating icebergs, the sight of the bastion of Stoltfar is a welcome sight to your eyes in the bitter cold.

I'm going to set this up today- but Mockingbay needs a description and color of description, too- Write it out soon and I'll add it in! (I'll fix the form)

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
If we're in a queue for a road between the two locations, can we go ahead and make a request for a carriage here?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
(340 character long) Description for Stoltfar: As the Emberlys makes her way around the intimidating icebergs, the sight of the bastion of Stoltfar is a welcome sight to your eyes in the bitter cold.
Description for Mockingbay: You arrived at the rowdy river port of Mockingbay.
Color of Description: Light Blue

Complete! We've got our first Hollow Travels port, guys

I've added the new form to the main post and an example of how the plugin looks like when you use it :)

If we're in a queue for a road between the two locations, can we go ahead and make a request for a carriage here?
Yes, you can make a request ahead of time if you're in queue between two locations. I'll talk to others in seeing about an early port if you're in the queue (with no redactions) considering we need you guys to get to places easier. But for now, you can make an early request and we'll be able to set up ahead of time.

Alllsso, a note to Jeroxia Your port to Stoltfar is a bit farther from the docks because of the sand banks. I had to deepen some of the area underneath the boat for it to fit. If you want more boats on that dock, I'd suggest requesting to deepen those sand banks towards the ocean for boats to actually get there.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Form:
IGN Region A & Region: Sanardu
IGN Region B & Region: Queensport
Coordinates of Boat/Carriage A: 5319 35 -5025
Coordinates of Boat/Carriage B: -5555 35 -15127
__
(340 character long) Description Region A: &6The warm sun and azure waters welcome you to &3Sanardu.
Color of Description Region A: Added to description.
Region A Classification: Violent
__
(340 character long) Description Region B: &0The cold seeps into your skin as you step onto the docks of &6Queensport.
Color of Description Region B: Added to description.
Region B Classification: Moderate

Stratonis

I think I might like it here
Asirel Luik
We had a look at the boats, and it seems they don't met the requirements for such a big journey (almost half of the map!), they are way too small!
The guidelines are:

So if you still want this port being made, we'll ask you to build a bigger boat (no need to go over the top either :) )
We'll be happy to perform the necessary WE for free once you'll have your model boat.
But that also will require to make the bay deeper, as currently there's no way for a medium/big boat to navigate the islands in there... May we offer to make a passageway between the islands to allow a boat to pass...?

And as a clarification, linking back is the process of having two links in the two directions, Lovestride > Azerwind & Azerwind > Lovestride with the same boats (which is usually the case :) ), so you could just have said "Yes, I want a link back :p .

I'm holding off your request Jak as we're waiting for the Spawn guidelines for ports...
A Cog is good enough for people to be transported by. it can travel up to 15 knots and can carry safely up to 20 - 30ish people. Depending on the cog. Cogs are the simplest and cheapest and smallest ship you can get, if we're talking about cheapest efficient travel.
Though the fastest is a clipper or a schooner which can travel up to 30ish knots. With some modifications it can travel 30 knots averagely. Big ships aren't required for travel or cargo.
Big ships aren't used that much in medieval times for transporting people unless it was from country to country, but its from a place that is a few miles away, a simple clipper which is the most efficient with price and travel speed, is good enough. Anything larger, by your standards would be roughly a brig, galleon, frigate, ship of the line, carrack, etc. is overestimating the need. The new continent is roughly the size of Wales, just for use of reference, and a knot is roughly 1.1 mph or 0.5 m/s.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Form:
IGN Region A & Region:
Sanardu
IGN Region B & Region: Queensport
Coordinates of Boat/Carriage A: 5319 35 -5025
Coordinates of Boat/Carriage B: -5555 35 -15127
__
(340 character long) Description Region A: &6The warm sun and azure waters welcome you to &3Sanardu.
Color of Description Region A: Added to description.
Region A Classification: Violent
__
(340 character long) Description Region B: &0The cold seeps into your skin as you step onto the docks of &6Queensport.
Color of Description Region B: Added to description.
Region B Classification: Moderate
All set! And one to linlea set, too.

Fixed the form again (it's a trial and error guys- we're learning), and if you have a region description/classification already, no need to provide another.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
IGN Region A: Die Eberbau
IGN Region B: Queen's Port
Coordinates of Boat/Carriage A: -4020 / 65 / -13907
Coordinates of Boat/Carriage B: -5216 / 51 / -15082 (Carriage from A needs to be ported.)

__
[No need to add if you already listed it before]
(340 character long) Description Region A: The Red Oaks of Die Eberbau welcome you, as the Boar respectfully greets you.
Color of Description Region A: &2
Region A Classification: Moderate.
__

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I might need to edit the Queensport description if it's going to be used for the carriage as well solus - That or we leave it blank and use the normal region entry?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I might need to edit the Queensport description if it's going to be used for the carriage as well solus - That or we leave it blank and use the normal region entry?
The region description should be void of 'carriage' or 'ship', unless both transports end up near the sea. Our plugin and site has a built in script that shows up in grey (as seen in example), where it indicates a ship travel or a carriage travel. You're free to update the description!

-
For those requesting carriages, make sure you've a road in the queue! {Here}

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I'm adding this to the main post in a few hours, but we decided we're going to allow carriage requests and set up ports ahead of time for people waiting in the road queue. Requirements are- you must be in the road queue and cannot redact from it! You also need to fill out the form for transport. If you do redact from the road queue just for free ports, we'll halt ports to your region for 2 months. So please make sure you want the road to be set up for the region before requesting (including being ready to pay for it once completed).

http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/request-roads-new.37688/

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I find that I am inept with carraige making. They feel large and bulky when I try, and either look like a box or some car out of the Wacky Races. With that being said, I attempted to do an "open top carriage" that has 4 seats and a place for the driver. Would this count as acceptable for the travel thing?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I find that I am inept with carraige making. They feel large and bulky when I try, and either look like a box or some car out of the Wacky Races. With that being said, I attempted to do an "open top carriage" that has 4 seats and a place for the driver. Would this count as acceptable for the travel thing?

Nonsense.. That looks pretty good for an inept carriage maker. It has room for 4 travelers and room for storage. Yes, it's acceptable. Just remember not to travel on rainy days

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
IGN Region A: Die Eberbau
IGN Region B: Queen's Port
Coordinates of Boat/Carriage A: -4020 / 65 / -13907
Coordinates of Boat/Carriage B: -5216 / 51 / -15082 (Carriage from A needs to be ported.)

__
[No need to add if you already listed it before]
(340 character long) Description Region A: The Red Oaks of Die Eberbau welcome you, as the Boar respectfully greets you.
Color of Description Region A: &2
Region A Classification: Moderate.
__
Confirmed to have a road pending- Your port's set

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
IGN: Piratep00f
Region: HorrorIsland
Link back?: Yes.
Coordinates of Boat A: x -945 z 6042
Coordinates of Boat B: Mockingbay is working on docks, exact coords mokwar ?
(340 character long) Description: The things that happen at the island next to this colony is stuff of horror-stories.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
IGN: Piratep00f
Region: HorrorIsland
Link back?: Yes.
Coordinates of Boat A: x -945 z 6042
Coordinates of Boat B: Mockingbay is working on docks, exact coords mokwar ?
(340 character long) Description: The things that happen at the island next to this colony is stuff of horror-stories.
Let me know where Mockingbay's cooridinates would be when you're ready and I can get you all set up

Status
Not open for further replies.