Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

RetroBoomer's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Retro_

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
RetroBoomer

(is bad name i know ;-; )
2. How old are you?
15 years

3. What country are you from?
I speak English. Isn't that good enough? No? Ok, I'm from the USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: Using OOC knowledge in character, sometimes done by accident.

Powergaming: going out of the way or out of roleplay to make yourself powerful and nothing more, characters like this are boring to interact with because they have no flaws.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Sounds like someone has had some problems. No, you do not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cukie1

8. Tell us about yourself!
I like dogs, I haven't had a cat but I might like them. I'll be honest with you, I can be lazy at times. I play more strategical games, like Total War and RTS games like Paradox Interactive. (Thinking I might be a good general if there were any wars)

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Heh, the art I do is...Not for my age. Ever heard of Countryballs? pretty childish but I did it.
This guy.png

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No, no one refered me.

Character Name:
Jonah Skidmoore

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Greyish-Brown Hair, Light Blue Eyes, Red bandana he wears around his neck, Sword Hilt tied around him, Brown buckle gloves, Brown Boots.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
First name Jonah, Last name Skidmoore. Recently was granted the ability to travel away from his home, Jonah hadn't really made any friends, and besides that he is quite anti-social and likes to stay away from smaller groups of strangers. His motto is, The less people, the more of a chance they'll notice you. He prefers to stick to larger groups, practically going out of his way to avoid being singled out. Jonah's family consists of A father, mother, two brothers, a sister, and himself. He is the youngest of the brothers, but his sister is the youngest of the entire family. His family's village has a little different religion, instead of worship to get into the afterlife, all you have to do is to do good. This means that the village has no real church and people just talk about the gods whenever something mystical happens. Jonah's family and himself are religious to a point, but Jonah couldn't name all of the gods and their powers on a test. Jonah's father is a prestigious farmer, everyone in his village knows him as a man who puts friends above himself. One of Jonah's brothers don't quite share the same qualities, but the other did. Jonah's oldest brother, James, is fairly responsible and quite smart, but he finds joy in farming and decided to stick with it. The middle brother, Jordan, was a brute and often picked on Jonah. This would be the cause of Jonah's anti-sociableness. Jonah's mother is the smartest in the family, and she believed that at least one son should go out and have a better life than being on the farm, she knew that Jordan wouldn't make it very far if he couldn't stop making everyone pissed at him, so she chose Jonah. Jonah, while at home, was taught the basics to farming, you have to have water for seeds to grown, and the soil needs to be tilled before planting the seeds. Jonah was taught by his mother how to read and write as well. He got books from the local library on military leaders and the tactics they used in battle. He also looked through an engineering book, most of the things didn't make sense to him and he didn't understand hardly any of it, all he could get from it was that it somehow used TNT to propel another piece of TNT towards the enemy, water was in the equation somewhere, and the TNT wasn't accurate at times, it could even fall short and hit allied soldiers. Jonah didn't see the reason to use such an untrustworthy weapon. Years later he would return to the book and read more thoroughly. Finally he understood its use. A siege weapon is only needed to knock down castle walls. Jonah felt that if people were going to waste resources on such a contraption, they would have more of a use for it. He started drawing up ways it could be used in the middle of battle, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't find a way to make it accurate enough for practical use against infantry. To this day he still has plans rolling around in his head, to possibly never be tested. He continues walking.

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Hey there. The character portion is required in order to be verified. Let us know when you've completed it. Simply edit the post with the edit button at the bottom of the main post and bump the thread when you're ready. We'll have a mentor look it over as soon as possible c:

Retro_

Villager
Bump, I think I'm done, tell me more things that i did wrong. I must have perfection!

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello and thank you for being so patient! I am very glad that you have applied and that you have taken such a positive demeanor to working with us to get your application closer to acceptance. You've made good progress since your last draft, but there are still some things I'm going to need you to look at:
  1. I'd like you to look into powergaming a bit more, so you can be absolutely certain what it is. It's important, because it is against the rules.
  2. There is no such place as the Kingdom of the Lions, or Lion's Gate.
  3. Story is very cliche heavy. We want your story to be a reflection on your own original ideas and your ability to role play properly. Because of this, we have a creative standard that needs to be met and when a story is filled with cliches and common tropes, we have to ask the author to try and be more original. Some of the things in your story are OK to have in a character, but they need to be earned through role play or they lose all their weight and become cheap cliches. When you go to work on your story again, please avoid the following:
    1. Banishment and/or destruction of home/homeland
    2. Tragic or violent death of parents or siblings
    3. Common movie proverbs (revenge is a dish best served cold)
    4. Betrayal that leads to characters downfall
  4. We haven't had any religious persecutions in recent history. Most gods demand tolerance of followers of different gods. The cross burnings are therefor out of place here.
I know that's a lot to work on, but it is the standard we have. I am confident that you will be able to meet these expectations, and look forward to reading your revised application. Thank you again for being so patient and willing to work with us here. As before, please post here on the thread when you've finished the amendments to your application.

Retro_

Villager
Bump.
if it's still cliched tell me a bit more, I tried getting my character fairly normal and somewhat interesting at the same time. Also, are siege weapons available in your world? I couldn't find anything on it. And half of my lore is based on studying Siege weaponry.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Yes we do have siege engines but remember to keep any knowledge of their workings to novice level. Same with sword play. Also, when it comes to the wonky MC stuff like TNT being used with water and all that, we don't really incorporate that into RP. Most of the MC stuff just stays out of character. You improved your story a lot though, so without further ado...

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.