Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Role Play Fighting

Teeke

Lord of Altera
All items I carry are IC items. All the time.
My character is naturally weak, so being unable to use such items is just crippling. (pun?)
And depending on the thickness of said bucket, it could be very effective either using the bucket with the open end to catch the blade, or using the flat side to deflect the blade. - assuming sword or dagger. I would not wanna have to use ANYTHING to defend against and axe though.
Further: A torch would be an effective weapon, though it offers no defense.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Note: Don't be an idiot when you do get into fights. My character is nearly impervious to blows that would kill most anyone else, but has loads of vulnerabilities and weaknesses that nobody has once considered when fighting it. I'm not joking when I say people have tried to stab Vorar in the chest. The super-thick, double plated armoured chest made of a metal with incredible resistance to damage.

To quote Legion, "Putting armour on Vorar is like putting a bulletproof vest on a tank."

And yet Vorar can be defeated in hundreds of ways with ease, which nobody has even tried, save for one or two people (they did pull of damaging Vorar, BTW).

Goldtalon101

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Goldtalon101
Goldtalon101
Mystic
Exactly Baron, all characters must have weaknesses and flaws. This does not mean they have to be weak, just the player has to be smart in the actual Role Play fight and make smart decisions!

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
A semi-important note:

Setting up a quick-kill move is not necessarily "OP." OP is using power that you have not earned and thus should not have. But if you really are that good, or that lucky, or that prepared, then it isnt OP.

Scardrac

Felsummer
Also:
Entering a fight yourself: Consent to serious injury/permanent disability.
A fight brought onto you for nothing: People should ask before injuring said target.
Doing incredibly stupid things like Baron said, such as trying to stab Vorar or slap Legion: Pretty much consent to death. C:

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
See, one thing I dislike, is when I try to say, "*Moves to stab a blade through the lower area of said person's back*". As soon as I do, people call: "OP". now, I'd understand if maybe they were lookign right at me, but I was behind them, sneaking up, without them knowing I was there. and they didn't know until I did the action. It kinda gets annoying after time...

Goldtalon101

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Goldtalon101
Goldtalon101
Mystic
If you had a reason to do so, then it shouldn't be O.P as a stab to the back doesn't need to be a one hit kill. I would advise that next time you do so state it is to badly wound/cripple etc

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
See, one thing I dislike, is when I try to say, "*Moves to stab a blade through the lower area of said person's back*". As soon as I do, people call: "OP". now, I'd understand if maybe they were lookign right at me, but I was behind them, sneaking up, without them knowing I was there. and they didn't know until I did the action. It kinda gets annoying after time...
Thats just people being stupid -_-

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
The thing that irritates me the most is people meta gaming when I shoot them with an arrow. I'm a Forest Elf who practices every day with his bow, I've tested the air, I'm judging your actions waiting for the perfect shot. Eventually I'll release the drawn-back string eventually, if I do shoot, chances are it'll hit. I won't always shoot, sometimes I'll just let it slide slowly and return the arrow to my quiver, I only shoot if I'm sure I'll hit. But sometimes I do miss, usually because they've dodged the shot because they saw it coming, sometimes because I didn't judge right. But when someone just does something like *dodges out of the way* it annoys me like nether. And then people get angry because it's OP but it's not OP, it's quite normal actually. Nothing about this is over powered. Just because you can't dodge it without meta-gaming doesn't make it op. Arrows are arrows, and I'm going to riddle you full of them if you annoy me. Your fault, not mine. I've rp'ed out every step, so it's not like the arrow just magically appeared. Arrrrrrgh! (When referring to me/I, I mean Elrohir.)

-K9