Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

RP months and years, ideas?

Spark

Broken
Well unless you are keep the same characters for 2 years I doubt it will get that far. It can already happen. Say 2 people RP as children then ome decides to progress to a teenager, that would be the same problem. So I don't think that is a major problem.

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
What About one year per two months as a guideling* then? It's a small amount and people who want to age quicker can do that if they want to.. and people not wishing to age don't.

Edit: Guideline*

Jeroxia

Good
As I said before it would be more effective if it was based relative to events.
Disagreed. GOC is a war for example: Most RL wars last only two days but some last for ages.
Then the staff would have to decide how long the event took in IC ages. Which some people might disagree on and discussions and raging etc. is created.

Spark

Broken
If people manage to rage over the IC time of an events, they have problems. GoC is more than 3 battles, its preparation, alliances, meetings, etc

Jeroxia

Good
GOC was just a Example, But Maybe There is a guideline on which you have to age on bigger events... But then Make players have Different choices..
No Aging Option: 0 years
Slow Aging option: 1 year
Average Aging option: 1 year or two years
Fast aging option: 2 or 3 years max

Then Besides that make it run along with the months..

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
Or we could keep it how it is like Abbey suggested...
Those who want to age can when they want.
My RP character has aged.
I think Basil has aged.
You see? If you want to age you can.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
My character aged from 30 to 70 in about seven real life months, roopot posted an age calculator somewhere which i used :p

Catalyst

Lord of Altera
Server Outreach
Good
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
CatalysTftw
CatalysTftw
Good
My lazy age explanation is that I have elvish blood or I was in a magic accident

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
We could just name the months after the gods. Literally: The Month of Jax, The Month of Harateth, etc

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Oo! Oooo! oooohhh can I help with this pleeaaaase~?
I've messaged Fitz regarding it, and I am about to update on the situation at hand. The most sensible idea, it seems, is just to have the names of months and days changed. That's what I'll tell Fitz now, including a link to this post.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Perhaps not... Your name is very different from Kilrox's.

The God of Luck however...