Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Shrimpsy [Approved - Readij]

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
1. What is your minecraft username?
My Minecraft username is Shrimpsy.
2. How old are you?
I am 14 years old.
3. What gender are you?
Male
4. What country do you live in?
South Africa (+2 GMT)
5a. Do you agree to read our Survival Guide before logging onto the server?
I read it.
5b. Do you agree to consult both our Tome of Citizenship and Everything you need to know page before asking any questions in the game?
I read these too.
6. Please provide a lengthy in-character introduction.
Ye old diary, 13 Augustus 1392

Why have I ever come to this state? To be reduced from the nobility to these shameful rags? I'll start from the beginning:

I, Radaniol, former Radaniol of Gendenburg, have ruled over my castle for seven years after my parents died of smallpox. The ruler of the country, Zorgosh the Wicked, suddenly sentenced my only son and heir to the castle for life in prison because he had been ranting about the cruelty of our king.I grieved over the fate of my son, but my wife, however, shouted insults at the king, mocked him and publicy denounced him."Radaniol, are you going to let this injustice stand?! Just because he gave you a noble title, it doesn't mean he has the right to take our son!" I tried to reason:"My dear, what do you think it will help if we fight the king? His army is a thousand times bigger then the pitiful regiment of our castle.He would just slaughter us!" My wife angrily shouted:" Well, if YOU don't want to help, I WILL just do it by myself!"

And so the days passed, with me grieving about my wife's highly likely fate, then I couldn't bear it anymore, I took up my father's old armor and sword, and with my horse galloped to the battlefield. The two armies were approaching each other already, one a thousand times bigger than the other, and I fought with my wife.although I didn't jump right into the fray, which I thought would have been suicide, I ran along the front row of enemies, slashing all the way, but I mostly only barely pierced their armour. Viciously we fought the kings army, but after a short time which seemed like an eternity, the kings army overwhelmed us. The king himself then approached the final five remaining men of our small army and my wife, and growled to me:"Why have you tried to fight me? I should not have given your parents that castle and a noble title.You shall pay for the ten men I lost!" With that, he executed my wife with a a swift stroke of his sword, leaving me too break down and weep. I then angrily wiped away my tears, and shouted:" You shall never be a good person! You know no honour or virtue! You just think you are so strong if you cut down my wife, but you think wrong! Torture me all you want! You have taken everything from me: my son, my wife, my castle and title! But you can't take away my honour! I curse you!" I then spat in his face.

This lead to the sentencing of death for me. I was to be tortured first,though. The whipped me, hung me by a chain, dragged me behind a horse, but I wouldn't die.Then, on the eve of my execution, a guard came and opened the prison cell they were holding me in, being very mysterious about his identity. He was about to lead me out of the gates when I recognized him: it was my best childhood friend. "Go away and have a new life," he said."Don't come back here, or they'll kill me!"Before I left, I asked how I could ever repay him."You don't need to," he said."You saved my life when we were still children, I'm returning the favour." I then ran around, frantically searching a way to get away from the town. I saw a caravan just about to leave. I fractically made for it and jumped into it. Living off grains of wheat now, I write this and I know that noone will be missing me.

7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, what your interests and/or hobbies are and why you would like to be a part of our community in around 8 sentences or more. You do not have to disclose any personal information if you don't want to, but we'd just like to know what kind of person you are.
I am a teenager of 14 years, residing in Cape Town, South Africa. My favourite hobbies are chess and roleplaying, mainly Dungeons & Dragons. I wish to join this community to be able to roleplay without the chance of not roleplaying with my friends due to them not wanting to. I would feel good playing minecraft with lots of roleplaying injections.Edit: I read a lot of books, which are set in medieval fantasy e.g. Eragon. My favourite colour is blue. I play the guitar(which is also a dark blue:p).
8. Do you have any examples of your work and creativity, either in minecraft or outside? You can attach them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
I am not very creative at anything except roleplaying, sorry.
9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
Just that I think this server has a good lore :D.
10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
Yes.
11. How did you find out about our server?
I searched for roleplaying servers on the minecraft forums, and this came to my eye.
12. Have you voted for us? (Click Here)
I tried while making this application, the website was offline.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
please add more of a story to #6, dont be afraid to rack your brain for the story, its how we evaluate you as a roleplayer.

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
From the story in the point 6,we dont need story, but the behaviour of character. What would you do,if you got attacked by bandits,etc. Your story must have these points,so we may judge,what personality does your character have. ( My example: Then the fight started.There was no one to help them, so I jumped in and grabbed a sword -this would tell that you are brave)...

WildWyvern

Legend of Altera
Also Shrimpsy, please try breaking the reply to question six into paragraphs if possible. It makes the information easier to read and take in.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Wow. all this said i thunk this story is awesome :-D better than most anyway :-P I hope to see you in game soon shrimpsy!

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
Shelly5 said:
From the story in the point 6,we dont need story, but the behaviour of character. What would you do,if you got attacked by bandits,etc. Your story must have these points,so we may judge,what personality does your character have. ( My example: Then the fight started.There was no one to help them, so I jumped in and grabbed a sword -this would tell that you are brave)...
I have tweaked it a bit, but I thought that I had at least honourable...
  • WildWyvern said:
    Also Shrimpsy, please try breaking the reply to question six into paragraphs if possible. It makes the information easier to read and take in.
  • Done.
  • Anithola said:
    Wow. all this said i thunk this story is awesome :-D better than most anyway :-P I hope to see you in game soon shrimpsy!
  • Thanks! :D

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
I can't whitelist at the moment, but I've added you to the list for one of the other mods/admins to do as soon as they are able to.

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.

Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Where to vote for us
Tips on roleplay
How to use the forum
Hollow World Texture pack

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.