Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

silversurfer105 [Approved-IceandFire]

Hai_Paladin

Lord of Altera
Legend
Hai_Paladin
Hai_Paladin
Legend
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

silversurfer105

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?

California, United States

4) Have you read our guides yet?

> The Survival Guide: The number of Taverns and Inns is impressive! Good user policies! I like that there is a PvP area with the Sorrowlands, but less risk in the other areas so you can focus on building mining etc.

> The Tome of Citizenship: I like the emphasis on roleplaying and not teleporting and making the game easier/ less immersive. Have two friends on the server already who can explain to me the ropes also.

>Core Races Synopsis: A lot of interesting options. I personally would pick Halfling.

5) Introduce yourself!

I am currently an M.S. Biotech student at Cal State. I really enjoy all things related to science and also literature especially classic novels and fantasy novels like A Song of Ice and Fire series. In my free time play games like Minecraft, Guild wars 2, Civilization 5, but I also enjoy playing guitar and piano almost as much. I used to play Minecraft a bunch when my friends had servers during the beta, but have not played much recently. My goal of applying to this server is to hopefully to start playing again with my friends on a more immersive role-playing server.

6) Got any examples of your work?

All my work has been lost to servers past unfortunately. I was quite prolific at one point with helping build cities for some servers as two of the members of your server can attest to.

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?

I did not

8) Referrer: (Optional)

OoUNSTOPABL3oO

Antilogy

----

About your character

Name:

Patsy Hastings Brushabits

Race: Halfling

Appearance:

Short of stature as are most Halflings. Unkempt shaggy reddish brown hair. Pale blue eyes, narrow nose, and a rather square jaw. He wears modest and bland colored clothing; although he owns one formal suit he inherited from his father. In relatively good shape for his age, but he has seen better days.

---

The test

Patsy Hasting Brushabits grew up from modest beginnings. Growing up, his family were farmers who lived on the edge of the Lydel. Patsy thus grew up quite isolated from most other Halflings, although there was a Lavoyard settlement not far from his family’s farm that Patsy and his father would often trade some of their harvest to. Despite his isolation Patsy had a relatively enjoyable childhood. However, his life would not stay on such a straight and predictable trajectory as he reached adulthood.

Patsy’s troubles began when his mother fell ill for weeks with fever and chills at the age of 63, when Patsy was only 20. Patsy and his father did not know what the cause of her illness was. They at first asked for the aid of a traveling Caparii, but to no avail since this particular Caparii had never heard of someone falling ill with these symptoms for such a prolonged period of time. The Caparii suggested that a distant Elvish settlement may have the answers and even a cure to Patsy’s mothers ailment, but the settlement was only accessible by a lengthy trek across the plains, through the forest, and over the ocean. Patsy and his father deliberated and left disheartened because they feared such a long journey would be too long for Patsy’s dear mother to wait.

On the short journey back Patsy told his father he would stop by the Old Ladybug tavern it being the only nearby tavern to the farm. Although his father disapproved he allowed Patsy this leave seeing the toll his wives’ illness was having on his young son. Patsy arrived at the Ladybug and looked around besides the Dwarven barkeep the only patron there was an Earthspawn who, judging by the empty pint mugs in front of him had already had quite a lot to drink.

Patsy sat next to the inebriated Earthspawn and introduced himself. The Earthspawn slurred a reply, informing Patsy his name as Gronget and although he was usually ill tempered he was in quite a jolly mood this evening. Patsy replied he was feeling quite the opposite and Gronget inquired in a loud and almost obnoxious tone,” How come?” Patsy told Gronget of his ills and the fact he had no way of reaching the Elven cure in time for his mother. Gronget’s face lit up and he told Patsy that if the Hafling paid for his Ale and innkeep once they reached Elven lands he could lead Patsy to an Earthspawn raod that would get them to Tauredal in a fraction of the time. Patsy, astonished by his reversal of fortune, agreed to meet the Earthspawn the very next morning at the Ladybug to commence their journey and then rushed home to tell his family of the plan.

Patsy spent the rest of the night packing for his journey. Halfling bread? Check. Pipe? Check. Rusted dagger? Check. After writing a lengthy love letter to his crush, Lilly-Rose, Patsy strapped his pack to his shoulders and walked to the tavern. When he arrived, the Earthspawn was nowhere to be found! Realizing he had been took, Patsy headed out to find the scruffy-looking scoundrel…Patsy remembered the location of the cavern the Earthspawn had mentioned and thus set out on his own for the Elvish settlement.

Last edited:

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
How to use the forum
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person othe