Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

(simlk) - Application [Approved - Somnastra]

simlk

Villager
About you
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

simlk

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?

Colorado, USA

4) Have you read our guides yet?

Yes, I have read these. I made sure to know what I was doing before I applied for the server.

5) Introduce yourself!

I am a high schooler who lives in a very tiny valley. I go to a school where there are 40 people in my entire grade. It isn't really that exciting. I am a huge theater kid. So I participate in almost every performance opportunity I get. I am also on the speech and debate team for a neighboring school to mine. I enjoy pretty much all types of music. I am kind of weird, in a good way? I mean can you be weird in a good way. I am just kind of crazy, but I accept that about myself. Also I am bisexual. I guess that is about myself. So yeah.

6) Got any examples of your work?

I'm a singer, but I don't have any videos or anything

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?

Yes I went onto the map and looked around the world. I liked the general structure of the world. It seemed really well put together. Also, I liked all the islands. Makes the traveling across the world more fun

8) Referrer: (Optional)

Google

About your character
Name:
Elson Maystern

Race:

ELF

Appearance:

Elson is a 6'3" elf. He is pretty attractive and rather muscular. Nothing overly appealing. His hairs looks like a fire. It is bright red and very noticeable. He has dark blue eyes.
Like that guy except with blue eyes.8aa87b421b2b1df992ca4dbcb92712ce.jpg

The test

I land with a thud onto the hard earth beneath my window. I look up to see light creeping from the candle inside of my bedroom. The rest of my family is still asleep. Sneaking out really isn't even that big of a deal is it. I throw on my backpack full of my essentials. I slowly start to walk away from my house. It is pretty warm outside, perfect for an easy get away. My parents have always been controlling. From the moment I was born they always wanted a certain future for me. The future I was born into was being a musician. But the more I grew up the less I wanted that fate. Although the rest of my family had, I had no desire. I was more interested in the other arts. I loved to paint, draw, or sculpt. But my parents wanted me to follow in their shoes. So they took away my supplies and shoved music down my throat. So I in turn decided to run away. I brought along my paint brush though, just in case. Also I am interested in magic. I just need to have it. My parents have always played songs of magic. Anytime I tried to ask about it they would shut down. My parents have sheltered and raised me for the life they wanted me to have. But I am ready to have the life I want to have. Nobody has a sense of urgency in my family. They think they have so much time being elves. But I have never felt that way. I want what I want, and I don't want to wait. I don't know if it is because my life is going to be short, or if I am just different. But I will not be controlled by my parents will my entire life. I slowly look back at my house before continuing to walk. I see the light to my parents room get lit. I look back up to the light in my room. They are going to check my room! I think to myself. At this thought I start to run away from the house. Well I have already come to far to turn back now. Once I run for a while I check my pack. It has my gold, paintbrush, some food, and favorite book. Everything I need to survive in the real world, I think. I actually have no clue what I am doing. But does anybody? I see the light of sun coming up over the mountains signifying dawn. I must put as much distance between my parents and I before I decide to settle down. But when I do, I will set up an art studio where I can always be happy. And continue my pursuit of magic. But my future is really all up to fate now.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Alright, there's nothing out of sorts with your test, but I do want to emphasize that all magic must be earned through RP. This does not mean finding books and reading about it, but rather finding a teacher. It's all in the magic subforum in our lore section if you haven't found it yet.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.