Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sir_Arc Application [Accepted - Cukie1]

Sir Arc

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Sir_Arc
Sir_Arc
Mystic
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Sir_Arc
2. How old are you?
I'm 15

3. What country are you from?
North America
4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Powergaming is where players do something like say slices someone on half.
Metagaming is where if a players knows something ic and ooc about someone else that person did tell them in ic.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Glados
8. Tell us about yourself!
I love the snow, and the cold. I love to run, I like to run short distances like the 100 and 200 hundred. I'm active and good gamer but with school I might not be on all the time. I'm nice and kind, but sometimes have a temper, just as warning, and I can control it.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?I'm not good at art. And I didn't place in track last year but I hope to place this year. I'm not a hard core gamer and I play for fun.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Asu (as know on Skype) said I should join this server. IGN Asu_Fernweh
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
Peter Longtree

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Skin is a peachy color. Eye color is green. Has a brown colored hair. Has a quiver, and strap Also wears a green tunic almost same color as his eyes. and wears leather cuffs.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I put the skin in as a file.
Written Test
I was born in the Northern Kingdoms as part of a village. I was born into a farming family. We were not that poor, and our family worked hard to have a house and food on the table My fathers name was Henry Longtree and my mothers name was Eli. My two brother names where Jack and James both older then me and Jack has a family. As the undead swarmed over to the Northern Kingdoms our village decided to upgrade our militia, so wanting some action I joined as an archer, I never practiced the bow as I farmed and didn't hunt I was bad with the bow starting off but now I can hit a figure from 40 meters away! Our first battle against the undead was a great victory I will not speak of the losses, but they where few. Our second battle they came in waves with undead archers to back up there undead warriors they where a force to be reckoned with. I really hated the undead archers because sometimes the arrows we hit them with didn't do much. As the weeks turned into months we fought on. Our troops grew weary and our food grew scarce, and some people wanted to head to Heavens Reach. The land looked troublesome with bodies covering the land and the farms looked like waste lands with their crops. My family and I didn't want to go and leave our farm and house behind. But with the attacks coming more often our village decided to head to the last boat leaving for Heavens Reach so we left our home to leave for a new and better land. We boarded the boat and now we are in the about to leave to start anew. My family left to seek out other family that live in the last city in the Northern Kingdom like my brother Jack ,and now I'm on my own to make a living and a legacy. As I walk onto the boat to Heavens Reach armed with a bow and my wits here begins my story. I'm is good with a bow, and I love farming and hate a government that miss treats the people. I hate death but I love a good fight, farming is the only thing that I know other then my bow which I practicea lot with. I know nothing of this land and hope to get or make a better life here then in my last home.
Current Setting of the Server:

The Undead have begun to swarm from the southern part of the Northern Kingdoms upwards, as the protection that once held them at bay was now broken. Distraught and pressured to leave their homes, many villagers and towns have had to evacuate quickly. A few have fought back. And a few still remain in the north..

What hope is there..?

Lands.. New lands across the Eastern Sea! There is hope.. People swarm north, to Heavens Reach, in hopes of waiting for the final fleet to leave. Will you join them? {Here}

This already past but okay.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I'll be looking this over when I can. A few things first.
-Metagaming and powergaming definitions need to be revised.
-A few grammatical issues.
-Please don't suddenly switch in and out of character in the test. Its meant to be fully in character.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Alright, now that I'm able. Still a few things:
-No mastery of skills: Cannot be a master archer
-Powergaming and Metagaming is still a bit off

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Ran it past the others for an opinion, skills are fine.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Alright, I think I know where you're heading with the definitions, but they're still a bit difficult to understand
Powergaming- Using skills above your character's ability and/or dismissing and disregarding the other player when emoting. For example; *Jake cuts at Damien, killing him instantly."
Metagaming- Using exclusively OOC information, ICly, when the character has no way of knowing any of it.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.