Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Skyrim

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Maneged to get it to start installing to hard drive.... the disc-drive is qiueter then i remember.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Has anyone else discovered that the Riverwood trader's item dont have Steal on them but if you get caught taking them you still get bounty?

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
Didn't notice that. Roo, when you head to the next city, and find the meadery,go in,hang a right, and go upstairs. should be a cot up there with a shelf beside it. Read the book. ;)

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Oh I discovered the reason of the "steal" problem. it is a bug when you compleat the Golden Claw quest thingy. The tags seem to mess up.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Give them a thorough clean roop, unless you have some beasty pc with insane fans, they shouldn't be making too much noise...

By through clean I mean dismantling them, including the heatsink as that can cause serious airflow problems causing your cpu fan to go mental!

I've completed the main quest (I couldn't help myself, the story was amazing) and I'm archmage of the college and leader of thieves guild (Haven't finished all the quests though). I've been ill and whoring this game even more than I planned. I'm on 29 hours in one weekend, oops!

And half, the reason the graphics look like Dx9 is because they are dx9 :p That's the flaw of doing console ports, people are screaming out for a dx11 patch. Although there are already some amazing mods on the skyrimnexus to improve graphics.

I genuinely can't wait for the construction kit to come out. Apart from learning to mod myself, some of the mods people are already planning sound awesome and if they follow the oblivion mods, theres going to be many many many hours of extra stuff being made.

I think I just lost my life to this game...

I've already decided I'm going to spend at least an hour catching up with the server tomorrow and making sure things are running smoothly. I can tell from the admin section being so quiet that we're not all as active as we used to be :p

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Oi! I've been on a couple of times and I'm keeping up with the forums. Frankly afaik there is no real need for me to come on. Lars seems to be covering it all nicely and the other admins are covering the admin duties well :) I feel bad for leaving lars to do all the work though.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
I'm not on due to Skyrim mate, wife is ill and I've literally spent every minute of the past couple of days with my 1 year old daughter. I think I've managed to play Skyrim for about 40mins so far. I got to a town, still level 1 and all I've managed to do is talk to a blacksmith :p Although yesterday I had left myself in Skyrim when I had to go sort Amelia out for about 6 hours and had lots of "addict" messages from mates on Steam :p All of whom are over level 10, lucky sods!

I have managed to do a bit of work on my own server learning World Edit / World Guard and World Border over the last few evenings. I started NPCs last night, only reason I'm not doing it on HollowWorld is I'm moving stuff around with WE to try to get to grips with it, although as far as I'm concerned that's something I'll be leaving to Lars for the retail move anyway.

I do want to try Voxel but that's more to see what it can do than actually zap anything on Hollow World!

Getting quite use to WE though, shocked how powerful it can be :)

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Taken from another forum I'm an old member of :p

Disable mouse smoothing
Go to your Steam Directory, then steamapps, common, skyrim and select Skyrim again. Create a backup of the SkyrimPrefs.ini file. Open the file, then scroll down to where it says [Controls] and find bMouseAcceleration=1. Change to bMouseAcceleration=0. Save, exit, and play This fix and the two below are from Skyrim Reddit.

Change field of view
Head to My Documents, select My Games, select Skyrim and then Skyrim again, then create a backup of the skyrim.ini file. Scroll down to [General] in the file and add fdefaultfov=XX (where XX is the field of view you want). Then save and exit.

Fix common crash to desktop problem
Access the Sound menu from the Control panel. In the playback tab, right click on speakers and select properties. Select the advanced tab on the new screen and select 24 bit, 44100Hz (Studio Quality) from the drop down menu. This fixed crashes for Owen last night.

Disable Vsync
Access the SkyrimPrefs.ini again and add iPresentInterval=0 to the bottom of the [Display] section. This can improve a sluggish framerate and eliminate instances of mouse lag. Thanks to Tweak Guides for this one.

Graphical tweaks
Curate on the Bethesda forums has highlighted a number of interesting variables in the SkyrimPrefs.ini file. Change the digit at the end of each line to 1 to turn the feature on, 0 to turn it off. Don’t forget to create a backup of the SkyrimPrefs.ini file just in case.

Interesting variables are as follows, in order of appearance in the .ini and showing their default settings.
bDoDepthOfField=1
bTreesReceiveShadows=0
bDrawLandShadows=0
bShowFloatingQuestMarkers=1
bShowQuestMarkers=1
bShowCompass=1
bMouseAcceleration=1
fAutosaveEveryXMins=15.0000
Redditor Ryz also suggests changing iWaterReflectHeight=512 and iWaterReflectWidth=512 to 1024 and adding the following text to the SkyrimPrefs.ini to improve the quality of water reflections.
bUseWaterReflectionBlur=1
bReflectExplosions=1
iWaterBlurAmount=4
bAutoWaterSilhouetteReflections=0
bForceHighDetailReflections=1

S

Stevey

I am often not as active on weekends, real life obligations, girlfriend etc.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Give them a thorough clean roop, unless you have some beasty pc with insane fans, they shouldn't be making too much noise...

By through clean I mean dismantling them, including the heatsink as that can cause serious airflow problems causing your cpu fan to go mental!
I have it on Small, my 360, so I cant really do that. At least his fans are not as noisy as the one he replaced. The bearing had gone on the main fan. Sounded like an air raid siren.

Didn't notice that. Roo, when you head to the next city, and find the meadery,go in,hang a right, and go upstairs. should be a cot up there with a shelf beside it. Read the book. ;)
Wabbajack? I love that book.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
If your PC can handle it I recommend setting these two to 1.

bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
Gives all trees self-shadowing and stones and rocks cast shadows.

I'm pretty sure you have to change the prefs file that is in your Steam folder not your users folder.

e.g /steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/Skyrim/SkyrimPrefs.ini

I'm playing on the PC using an XBOX 360 Wireless Controller. Its amazing and I highly recommend it! Especially considering the PC interface is a bit pants. Skyrim was clearly designed to be played using a console.

You need either a wired controller or one of these.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Managed to squeeze another 30mins on this and getting into it a bid. Loving the norse feel of everything and the companions drinking hall is exactly the sort of Longhouse i'd like on Altera :D

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Managed to squeeze another 30mins on this and getting into it a bid. Loving the norse feel of everything and the companions drinking hall is exactly the sort of Longhouse i'd like on Altera :D
My uni is organisng an travelling exhibition in Hampshire and I am doing some illustrations. The styles of the clothes may be very familliar to some people......

Mrbubbles1951

Lord of Altera
how i take out dragons!

1 step: use storm call!
2 step: if that dont kill it outright it should almost be dead!
3 step: wait 5 mins for shouts to become useable again