Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Summoning] Valor - The Hieraxian Joust

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Priest/Priestess/Religious Leader:
Bolvar Firestorm Aeyeras; tba

Public or Private:
public; Listing as Participants via RP;
Spectator Seats without listing
This event is shouted out by heralds throughout any friendly towns; Whether there will be fees is to be decided internally, watch the thread for updates on the matter.
(For winning prize and stuff);

Jousting Lances and Horses can be bought or brought yourselves

Temples or Shrines Involved:

Chapel:
2014-03-26_19.24.12.png
2014-03-26_19.24.29.png
2014-03-29_17.55.23.png

Jousting arena
Have you spoken with the town/region owners?
Its mine ;)
Time/Date
2014-04-18
6pm GMT​

Last edited:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
RULES

Administrative

winning prize

tba​

Wagering
- Done through hosted stand

The spectators as well as the participants are free to place bets on the outcome of a battle.
Participants, currently jousting are only allowed to place bets on themselves for the match.

Contracts or agreements that one party should fail between on purpose will cause the disqualification of both participants. Entrance fees will not be returned.

Reason: Its an event for valor, so fight honorably :p

The Jousting

To win a match you need to gain 3 points from your opponent
The following is mainly for RP and will be dropped if the amount of participants is too high in order to assure that the event 'won't take forever'
Hint: Get a lot of either Axe, or Swords skill ;)

Feather's fly

Instant win, explanation for this and the others will follow

Head (foul)

- 1 Point

Chest

2 points

Arms and legs

1 point

I originally wanted to try out the rules above (which are basically from an anime) as they sounded fun( and they probably are), though I think they are a bit anticlimactic; Plus there'd be instances where someone successfully dismounts someone and would get a foul just because of bad luck with the roll. Another problem is that they will take - a lot of time and the joust is scheduled before the summoning - Rules will thus be the following:
Dismounting an opponent
1 Point
Dismounting through hitting the horse
- 1 (foul)

First to reach 3 points wins, however a two point difference is needed.

Weapons

Lances only, the use of swords or axes or even bows is forbidden and will lead to disqualification for honorless acts.
The entrance fee will not be returned should you be disqualified due to the use of lethal weaponry.​

Horses
Participation is only allowed from the back of a horse. You are free to bring your own horse.
Should you not be in possession of a horse, there will be a possibility to buy a horse in advance.
Sharing a horse is, due to the nature of this event, not possible.

Last edited:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Participants
Form:
AccName:
Character Name:
Rank & Honors:

Squire (opt):

Example:

AccName: xzy
Character Name: Gulmir Highblock
Rank & Honors: Baron
Squire (opt): Kulin Nevermind(Accname)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Will do :) - Still some ooc stuff to talk bout as like where, when who sells the horsies and stuff; and how to make the area hits work :)

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Spear can read minds and I added 2 pictures ;)

edit: design from madness tutorial for those interested ;)

Last edited:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Clarification since I got asked:

The only thing known to public is that there is a tournament; nothing regarding Valor is known :)

Last edited:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Somewhere withing the day - there is still no fixed date though;
The arena is almost done btw and has been tested yesterday ;) - screen will come in later.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Update:
Application form is now here.

Annnd the arena is done too ;):
Missing:
Tents for the Participants
Tent for @Spear /Septimus and his Horsstall - done

Last edited:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Well I got an exam next week so I will be a bit exhausted in the week following it;
So I'd say with preparations and doing advertisements I'd like to do it on Friday 25th if you can make it :)
Still need to calculate the exact time though since its scheduled to take a few hours :) (With the tournament and the following RP stuff)

@Michcat

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Oh dear- The 25th-26th are the only days where I can't fiddle things to make these D:

Many, many apologies!