Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Switchkill's Application [Approved - Snerus]

Sylvain

Villager
Mc name : switchkillz

I am 25

I live in Canada

Now I have :p

Meta and power gaming? Meta is using out of game knowledge to gain an unfair advantage.
Power gaming is using specific words that would remove the other players options or imply their actions for them.

No x-ray of any sort is allowed on the server

Name a mentor. Snerus

About me. I live in Windsor Ontario. Although I was born here I did not live here my whole life. My family enjoyed to travel and tended to move around a lot. Only in 2 other places did I live long enough to call home. Ottawa Ontario and Sydney Australia. I've played a lot of roll playing such as DnD WoW and many other. I enjoy playing games with friends and enjoying the outdoor on nice days. On some of my free time I practice and attempt to learn new tricks in free running and parkour.

Examples of work I have done is a sign maker. The family business is a sign show that I worked at for many years. From scratch we would manufacture and install sighns of all sorts.

A friend currently in the process of trying to get white listed refered me.

About my character

Character name : Varis Thandus

Race : Wood Elf

About my character

Appearance : Height 6'6, Long light brown hair, blue eyes. relatively skinny, light skinned, green tunic.

I was born in the town Lumberrock raised by my dad Garin Thandus. My mother died hours after my birth due to the pain and stress her body went through during labour. I do not know much of my mother besides little things that my father had told me. Before she passed she game me my name, Varis. Varis Thandus. When I reached the young of 4 years old me and my father traveled to a far off city called Irragin. A large city vastly populated by Elfs with a very warm and beautiful spring.

Not long after being there he met a beautiful Elf. What he had described to me as on of the most beautiful women he had ever laid eyes on. Her name was Kathra. They settled down and before long had a child together. His name was Zhaos.(see Zhaos' Application for his Character info). 1 short year later father set out to join the caravan guard. Kathra had raised me and my brother for the next few years by herself. One day dad had returned home. Not by himself but with a child in his arms. Then he had told me this was my new brother, Lancelin.(View Lancelin's Application). I was excited to see that I had a new baby brother. Kathra on the other hand was not pleased by this. She was furious with our father and kicked us all out.

We settled down in a new city called Aerilon. This was a well know port city. Dad was working most of the time and when he came home didn't do much but drink. I was left taking care of my younger brothers. Not much later dad started to struggle keeping up with bills. Around the age of 13 I found myself a job at a library. While working there I earned enough wages to help out dad along with learning a lot about how the trading world worked.

I worked at the library for many years. The details of my job included but were not limited to cleaning up, and returning the lent out books to their shelves. Throughout these years my study of trade started to consume most of the hours in my day. I wanted to know everything there was about it. I not only found the life of a trader to be most interesting but had also hoped to one day be one myself.

When a days work was over or I had found myself lucky enough to have a day off I would cook and clean up after not only my younger siblings but my father as well. In what spare time I had from these tedious tasks I would continue my study on trade. Sometimes my mind would wonder and I found myself reading up on a wondrous distance land. A vast land surrounded by ocean as far as the I can see. A place with vast riches and opportunity. I hope to one day travel to this land.

Fast-forwarding many years to when I'm 29, I no longer work at the library. We have ventured off in search of this land of fortune and opportunity so that we may create our own journey, leaving our father and the town filled with memories that best be forgotten behind. The journey to this new land took roughly 1 year. I now set my eyes now on pursuing my dreams in the new land of hopes to become a trader. Only time now will tell If my long hours of studying the trade has paid off. Little did I know that the land we now embark on is not the land I'd hoped to arrive in.

Last edited:

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
A few outstanding issues with this application. I'll list them all below.

1. The powergaming definition is far too vague. There are guides on this site to help you with defining powergaming. You can find this guide here.

2. Please further expand on the "About Me" portion of this test. Here on HollowWorld we feel it's important to get a sense of the kind of person that applies for our server, and it really helps to integrate and make you feel more comfortable with the community. It needn't (And shouldn't) be anything terribly personal. Typical subjects you can include is your city of residence, places you've been and the like.

3. Please specify what kind of elf your character is, and be aware that their race may dictate certain features or cultures and backgrounds they come from.

4. While not required, it would be very impressive if you had familiarised yourself with the region lore on the server, and used the appropriate names of towns and cities in the context of your backstory. Simply a suggestion.

The writing in your application is slick. There aren't any problems with the test itself, so if you rectify the three points I mentioned, I'd be happy to accept this application.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Thanks for making the changes I requested. This application looks good to go.

Congratulations, Sylvain !

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay on Hollowworld. Before logging on, make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our world, Altera. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two or ask one of our Mentors for help if you have any questions about how things work.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, and if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (These are very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for them.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.