Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished The Advance unto Hell

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Removed a post.
Refer to our number one rule here on HollowWorld, please.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
That was rather unneeded, but okay.
I didn't get the chance to thank him while online as I had to go. I would've thanked him regardless of which way his decision went in the end because he was willing to discuss it.

EDIT: On the server we're always being told to take IC things IC; when it does go IC, this is the response? I was willing to work with staff, and those involved, to come up with a solution that really allowed us to have a bit of RP fun, without really doing any harm (in the end we damaged the cannons, stole some rations and stole one set of armour from Alustrum Lavilethorn which I only assume we took cause he didn't message me back).

I individually messaged those who I checked had no armour in the nether, to ensure that their armour was in fact in the camp. When it wasn't in the camp according to the messaged player, we didn't count that as being stolen because we were willing to work with and around the people involved. I understand that conflict is going to cause some tension OOC but I think we need to realise that this is all just part of the RP, and the world we're creating. Is the story of this campaign better because of this raid? I'd argue it is - it added another dimension to the event and allowed us to do something that we found entertaining while not distracting from the main event ICly.

I hope you don't really take this as an OOC attack? I have an Anhalder character who although I only bring out for events I enjoy playing as. I like to think I get on with many players in Anhald, although maybe I'm now seeing that's not the case. The fact that we so rigidly define ourselves because of IC factions into these OOC groups is a bit of a shame in my opinion. Archbishop for example is someone who I get on with immensely well but our characters hardly would!

I'm not innocent of being disparaging and disliking players on Hollowworld -you're never going to get on with everyone and that's just life. I'm certainly not trying to portray myself as holier-than-thou but that post was made only with the intentions of complimenting Lannis and stating how glad I was that we were allowed to throw this curveball during the event.

I would've preferred to partake in the PvE OOCly truth be told but Drake isn't best liked by the Anhalders so we held back and discussed thoroughly ICly what to do.

We were given the go ahead to rig the cannons to fire on people as they exited the nether, but we decided that wasn't really in the right spirit so we went for some harmless fun instead.

This rambled on a bit I suppose but I'd like to get my thoughts out there.

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I didn't get the chance to thank him while online as I had to go. I would've thanked him regardless of which way his decision went in the end because he was willing to discuss it.
Sure bud.

Lavilethorn

Lord of Altera

EDIT: On the server we're always being told to take IC things IC; when it does go IC, this is the response? I was willing to work with staff, and those involved, to come up with a solution that really allowed us to have a bit of RP fun, without really doing any harm (in the end we damaged the cannons, stole some rations and stole one set of armour from Alustrum Lavilethorn which I only assume we took cause he didn't message me back).

I individually messaged those who I checked had no armour in the nether, to ensure that their armour was in fact in the camp. When it wasn't in the camp according to the messaged player, we didn't count that as being stolen because we were willing to work with and around the people involved. I understand that conflict is going to cause some tension OOC but I think we need to realise that this is all just part of the RP, and the world we're creating. Is the story of this campaign better because of this raid? I'd argue it is - it added another dimension to the event and allowed us to do something that we found entertaining while not distracting from the main event ICly.

I hope you don't really take this as an OOC attack? I have an Anhalder character who although I only bring out for events I enjoy playing as. I like to think I get on with many players in Anhald, although maybe I'm now seeing that's not the case. The fact that we so rigidly define ourselves because of IC factions into these OOC groups is a bit of a shame in my opinion. Archbishop for example is someone who I get on with immensely well but our characters hardly would!

I'm not innocent of being disparaging and disliking players on Hollowworld -you're never going to get on with everyone and that's just life. I'm certainly not trying to portray myself as holier-than-thou but that post was made only with the intentions of complimenting Lannis and stating how glad I was that we were allowed to throw this curveball during the event.

I would've preferred to partake in the PvE OOCly truth be told but Drake isn't best liked by the Anhalders so we held back and discussed thoroughly ICly what to do.

We were given the go ahead to rig the cannons to fire on people as they exited the nether, but we decided that wasn't really in the right spirit so we went for some harmless fun instead.

This rambled on a bit I suppose but I'd like to get my thoughts out there.
Left it in the Natri Knight Hall Bucko. Thanks for trying to message me about that while I was in the middle of a PVE EVENT and assume a quick response while I was having a good time.

EDIT: But what if I don't consent to this????

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Left it in the Natri Knight Hall

EDIT: But what if I don't consent to this????
Not to worry, like I said when I messaged everyone there's no rush and I understood there was a PvE event on! I know that you can't really type while fighting off the zombie hordes aha. I'll inform the people involved we didn't get any armour from it, not a major issue really.

About consent the event was violent so I assume consent was automatic? Not too sure you'd have to ask staff about that really.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Not to worry, like I said when I messaged everyone there's no rush and I understood there was a PvE event on! I know that you can't really type while fighting off the zombie hordes aha. I'll inform the people involved we didn't get any armour from it, not a major issue really.

About consent the event was violent so I assume consent was automatic? Not too sure you'd have to ask staff about that really.
tfw his part about consent is actually taken seriously

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Jak
I think it was BM to do anything to the camp without setting something up but ultimately I'm more disgruntled with staff since in the past we've gotten not only prevented from doing similar things but lectured.

Creating an explanation for us as to why our main characters who would've been in the camp were not was particularly stupid.

ADD-ON EDIT: I can't say we've never done anything similar (in fact I said we have before), we play on HW to do stuff and sometimes we do dumb stuff without consideration for the other guy. It'd be hypocritical to bitch about it in public, though I have done plenty in private. I'm concerned with the outcome but not angry.

Lavilethorn

Lord of Altera
Jak
I think it was BM to do anything to the camp without setting something up but ultimately I'm more disgruntled with staff since in the past we've gotten not only prevented from doing similar things but lectured.

Creating an explanation for us as to why our main characters who would've been in the camp were not was particularly stupid.
God bless

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Jak
Surely characters that aren't there simply aren't there. That was always the case. When the Church of Might destroyed the cathedral I didn't complain (I did. I was furious, but I didn't blame it at all on the fact that I wasn't there and that's why it wasn't fair). My character would have been at the cathedral. But since I wasn't, he wasn't. What about other events where your character would be there but you aren't? Your character misses the event. Think of any of the exoduses, where warcamps and stuff were involved. You might've moved into the warcamp but if you weren't available for an event your character wasn't involved.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Jak
Not sure what BM is? It might be an American thing so sorry

As to that, I'm really not aware about all that. The only really recent example I can think of, and really it might be completely different, is attacking that place up north during the Fuvur war meeting. Not really sure if that's comparable though, I wasn't really aware of the entire situation with that one!

In the end I think no real harm was done to the camp (I managed to roll a 3 for the gunpowder so it was more of a fizzle than a boom lol!) so stuff like this should be allowed to happen. If it adds to the narrative, and it was really quite spontaneous, then I think this sort of harmless stuff should definitely be allowed.

As to the alts thing, I think people should only have one character involved with this sort of event, especially getting directly involved in the exact same camp! There shouldn't really be alts and mains defending the same place in my opinion. I could use all of my accounts for any conflict involving Hawklight and that really wouldn't be all that fun for anyone, for example! A bit of an exaggeration that last one but I hope you understand my point lol

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Surely characters that aren't there simply aren't there. That was always the case. When the Church of Might destroyed the cathedral I didn't complain (I did. I was furious, but I didn't blame it at all on the fact that I wasn't there and that's why it wasn't fair). My character would have been at the cathedral. But since I wasn't, he wasn't. What about other events where your character would be there but you aren't? Your character misses the event. Think of any of the exoduses, where warcamps and stuff were involved. You might've moved into the warcamp but if you weren't available for an event your character wasn't involved.
I don't know why you're bringing an issue from an RP that we were not involved in as an excuse for behaviour seen at this event. There is a difference between missing an event and being forced to RP consequences when your character is not present to RP out reacting to those consequences.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I don't know why you're bringing an issue from an RP that we were not involved in as an excuse for behaviour seen at this event. There is a difference between missing an event and being forced to RP consequences when your character is not present to RP out reacting to those consequences.
I'm bringing it up as an example, not as a direct comparison between you. Note that I have also given other examples.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Surely characters that aren't there simply aren't there. That was always the case.
The church of might incident actually never would've happened on modern HW - the precedent for at least the past year (I'd say two) has been contacting the player you're doing stuff to so they can get their ducks into a row. Guards teleporting away sucks and isn't really immersive.

Not sure what BM is? It might be an American thing so sorry
BM is 'bad manners'. I agree no harm was done and I'm not angry or anything, again. I'd also state that Anhald doesn't use alts, generally - temps for campaign events if someone's character is injured, perhaps. While you didn't rig a cannon to kill everyone coming out, my concern is that by staff ruling you could've. That's the main intent of my questioning - while initially I was rather disgruntled at you all OOC, I've moved on to focusing on the choice made by staff and discussing that instead.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
as a person who sympathizes on both sides

and someone who unfortunately had to watch from the sidelines

1. things could've been conducted better

2. please stop, we've done enough damage to our relations OOCly already, I can already see both sides of this argument are more hostile then necessary

3. this is no ones one fault, its everyones involvement, we all can understand that things could've been different, could've been conducted better

its just painful to look at both sides, both great people who ive worked with personally for better or for worse

refer to number two, its just tiring.

Arken

is Barken
ArkenGuard
ArkenGuard
Good
"I didn't complain"
I do not need to use the force to know that that is untrue.